Menu
Expat.com

MOE UAE CORONA UPDATE

Last activity 31 October 2021 by Alaa Salem

Sab1234

So I got the job offer in dec 2019 was meant to move in July but because of corona I’m still waiting and my agency tell me they still want me but Theyr waiting to move overseas candidates (from U.K.) I’m so tired of waiting but I legit have no other option is anyone else in the same position

VivekW

I am literally in same position as you. I cleared the interview in Feb 2020 and still waiting. I believe the call will come because soon the classes will shift to in person, once the vaccination is completely rolled out and they will need their full staff

Sab1234

I hope so this process has gone on for over a year and I got everything completed only thing I had to do was get my uni certificate attested! Which agency are you with

VivekW

I am with World Teachers. And I even have degrees attested as per their recommendation. I dont appreciate the way our offer letters and joining have been delayed for so long, makes me question if i should go ahead and join them if finally things workout. Have heard they delay everything, and you have to wait for days to hear from them even after becoming their employees.

flimbric2

I was once in your shoes..2013..
The process was slow and agonizing.  I signed my contract in April 2013 and left in August. You will get very little notice after the plane ticket is purchased before you leave and no communication before then. Take that a sign if things to come.  Not unless they have changed the process and stress you will go through when it comes to housing, your first paycheck and help in general leaves ALOT to be desired.

Sab1234

I know ! I’m with astute education I just hope it comes soon my friends who I applied with got to move in March but my papers were slow they seemed happy I think it’s advanced abit my auntie also is a teacher for moe she enjoys it.. let’s just hope it comes soon cos we did all that paper work lol for nothing! Staying hopeful

VIJ89

Is any one considering taking TLS - Teacher's License Exam ? Since MOE has not activated the recruiting ..  Has any one completed the TLS ???

Rose45

Hi, anyone checked moe job list? I think they have updated it. Now only four job titles are showing.

Rose45
VIJ89 wrote:

Is any one considering taking TLS - Teacher's License Exam ? Since MOE has not activated the recruiting ..  Has any one completed the TLS ???

Hi,
Is it necessary to be a part of a school to attend TL exam?
TIA

VIJ89

No . TLS will eventually be required for all teachers.

Rose45
VIJ89 wrote:

okay.. thank you..

Rose45
VIJ89 wrote:

But when I tried to register, school zone and school’s name as showing mandatory fields.

Sab1234

Spoke with my agency today .. they said how the federal government said the U.K. is a high risk country and when everything is under control they will take us on, they still want us and need us but it’s just a waiting game hopefully sometime this year!

cookiedough

Hello people! I am so happy I've found this thread.

I had my interview with the MOE back in December 2019.
I am still stuck in the UK, having no idea when I will finally be
able to mobilise.

I feel very anxious about the whole situation because it's been over a year
and there's still 0 clarity whether this job is secure.

I have applied for the position of TTP in Business Studies.
I have checked the website and the agency I applied through (Astute) is
not even advertising this position for 2021. Fingers crossed it's just because they have
enough applicants.

Having been waiting for such a long time, I can't stop thinking about the
possible scenarios. All I want is just some certainty and be able to plan ahead...

Sab1234

Finally got an email to basically say things are picking up now

Medkhawla90

Congratulations! Have you got your final contract already?

Sab1234

I already signed everything the only thing remaining was getting my documents attested at the uae embassy wby

Medkhawla90

Just like me!

All the best 🤗

Sab1234

U too let’s hope we get a confirmation of a month!

Medkhawla90

🙏🙏🙏

VivekW

I just got an email from my agency stating that MOE will not progress with my application.

I cleared the interview for Math teacher in Feb 2020. Thanks MOE for wasting one year of my time

Sab1234

Omg
Who’s your agency? Did they give you a reason why!

VivekW

World Teachers. I asked them to which they replied " We are not given any feedback"

cookiedough
VivekW wrote:

World Teachers. I asked them to which they replied " We are not given any feedback"

That’s shocking. Just don’t feel too disheartened. It is what is it. I had a gut feeling something is not right with the way they handled recruitment since last summer.

I guess we might get a similar emails from the agency, too. It’s a shame! 🥺

Sab1234

That’s so sad 💔💔💔💔💔I’ve been literally waiting over a year smile.png

VivekW

True that. I am not that disheartened, in some way I feel a bit relieved that I no longer have to wait and keep refreshing my email and check spam folders with the hope of receiving a response from MOE. Even when I was in Sharjah for the interview, I did not really feel that we were interviewing for the largest education entity in UAE, just the way things were being carried out was a bit unprofessional. Anyways, the only regret I have is waiting one whole year to receive a closure, should have closed the hope on my own once the corona hit and we were told our candidature has been put on hold

berbatov

I am really soory for you..you made a great effort and you have been waiting for a whole year..all the candidates can face the same issue..no one is sure to get the job despite clearing the interview..I wish the best of luck for you and for all of us..

VivekW

https://teach4uae.wordpress.com/

acnexus

You guys realize the Ministry of Education has essentially privatized the education system "sort of" and that now "Emirates Schools Establishment" is in control of operations right?  And this is since Jan 2021.

Basically all existing teachers were told they should await new "revised" contracts from ESE.  That having been said, existing applications are most probably going to be re-evaluated as ESE is here to cut costs and squeeze down on ministry expenditures.

The above information is from a trusted source working in the ministry (my brother who is a math teacher).  I have no interest and never applied, and never want to be a teacher.  Just stumbled upon this post while searching for something else. 

Then I created this post to clear things up for the masses and why the MOE has been such a mess lately.

Rose45

Hi all..
Need a help..
Can someone who have already finished online assessment, tell me how to join the online assessment?? In the instructions it’s given two separate links.. one to join and the other one for assessment. a bit confused..
what is meant by Examination Key?

TIA

noushiba

Does that mean the Emirates establishment may decrease the salary of new employees or existing employees from 21000 / 16000 dhs?

noushiba

Did u pass the test?

Mohan kumar23

Some one pls advise...university transcript is a must or the marklist is enough???

VIJ89

University transcript is required.

Mohan kumar23

Do we need to submit the transcripts along with all docs? Or can we send it later as geting from university?

ITEN20

has the salary decreased?

Man21

What is the minimum required GPA to apply in moe?
Mine is not successful reason they said is GPA is not acceptable??
What does it mean ??
Any idea??

Alaa Salem

The agency told me min(good) I think
65% or more

nousheenf

Alaa Salem, which agency are you going through?

Alaa Salem

experts international recruitment services abu dhabi

Articles to help you in your expat project in the United Arab Emirates

• Working in the United Arab Emirates
    Working in the United Arab Emirates

The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is not only a popular destination for visitors around the world but also a great ...

• Starting a business in the United Arab Emirates
    Starting a business in the United Arab Emirates

There are several advantages to starting a business in the United Arab Emirates. According to the “Ease of ...

• Working in Abu Dhabi
    Working in Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi has joined its neighbor emirate of Dubai in being a hotspot for tourists and expats moving for work ...

• Finding a job in Dubai
    Finding a job in Dubai

Home to 9 million expats, the UAE is a very popular relocation destination. If you are employed by a company in ...

• Working in Ras Al-Khaimah
    Working in Ras Al-Khaimah

Located in the Northern region of the United Arab Emirates, Ras Al Khaimah is becoming a popular city with ...

• Working in Al Ain
    Working in Al Ain

Located in the eastern region of Abu Dhabi, Al Ain is the fourth biggest city in the United Arab Emirates. It has ...

• Working in Fujairah
    Working in Fujairah

Fujairah is one of the smaller emirates of the United Arab Emirates, located on the East coast. It is positioned ...

• Internships in the United Arab Emirates
    Internships in the United Arab Emirates

If you are not ready to make a long-term professional commitment to the UAE, an internship can be a great way to ...

All of the United Arab Emirates's guide articles