Scrapping NOC update in Oman January 2021 ??

Hello all,

All of us are waiting for the implementation of the new rule after revoking the old employment system "No Objection Certificate (NOC)"

it seems there is a misunderstood\conflict about the implementation. As you know, revoking the NOC came from the ROP, while at this time, in the manpower portal, the old employer still has to approve your transfer to the new employer, he has the option to approve, reject, delay (30 days), which will result to automatically reject.

so in case if someone who already resigned and finished the notice period, and he got all his dues. Now he wants to switch job, what if the old employer reject in the manpower portal to transfer you?
How revoking the NOC will help in this case?

I WORK FOR A CONSULTING ENGINEERING OFFICE FROM PAST 10 YRS.  MY RESIDENT VISA IS DUE FOR RENEWAL IN SEPT. 2021.  CAN I CHANGE MY SPONCER NOW WITHOUT NOC.  MY PRESENT AGE IS 66YRS.

PLEASE UPDATE ME.

THANKS.
ENGR.    IQBAL.

do you have a signed contract?
does the contract mention anything regarding resignation?

if you don't have a contract, then you should be able to switch job, but maybe you have to exit\enter Oman.

if you have a contract, then whatever mentioned in it should apply.

oudmaster wrote:

Hello all,

All of us are waiting for the implementation of the new rule after revoking the old employment system "No Objection Certificate (NOC)"

it seems there is a misunderstood\conflict about the implementation. As you know, revoking the NOC came from the ROP, while at this time, in the manpower portal, the old employer still has to approve your transfer to the new employer, he has the option to approve, reject, delay (30 days), which will result to automatically reject.

so in case if someone who already resigned and finished the notice period, and he got all his dues. Now he wants to switch job, what if the old employer reject in the manpower portal to transfer you?
How revoking the NOC will help in this case?

Hi friends

I was working Oman last 7 years back , and I came to India for vocation time but for some family issues i didnt go back to oman and I sent my resignation letter from India ..so i dont have NOC nothing . so can i go to OMan for job now?? or is there any rules for that? canu please suggest me

I have my visa valid till 1st of june 2021 and my contract is going expire on same date if i will resign and cancel my current visa and exit from oman can i come back on new employers visa

It will not help, noc is mandatory,  rop does not look at end of contract, either noc or 2 yrs ban from exit date

Can i have any option to change my job now or after my visa and contract finishes..please help me out