Menu
Expat.com

New members of the Mauritius forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Last activity 31 December 2021 by Ella67

roman767

Hi Alberto, are you still inMauritius, please contact me on WhatsApp *** Thank you
Regards Roman

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : Kindly exchange your contact details by using the private messaging system please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
roman767

Hi, My name is Roman, born in Germany and based in Mauritius since nearly 18 years. I am working in Tourism, we have hard times and I am open for new fields and options. Any suggestions and Ideas welcome as well as social contacts.

Jackie6

Hi my name is Jackie. I was born in Mauritius and have lived in the UK since my childhood. I love Mru and visit as often as I can.  Due to covid I have been updating myself from this forum which is very helpful

GuestPoster1544

Hi friends, my name is William. Planning to relocate to Mauritius end 2021 or early 2022. You can click on my profile pic or name and see the rest smile.png

PS. Been to Mauritius twice and just love the laid-back lifestyle

cschellschell

Good Morning.
My name is Christina Schell.  My Daughter and I will be relocating from the United States.  She wishes to complete her education there on Mauritius.  She has her IT Certificate from Google, however, she is currently pursuing her Certification in Communication/Graphic Arts Design.

As for myself, I have recently retired..thanks be to All the G...🙏.  As for my endeavors for Mauitius, my plan is to live happily and assist Our Society in whatever capacity required.
My education includes an A.A. in Computer Science, a B.S. in Biology, a M.S. in Environmental Management, and a M.B.A. 

I look forward to meeting any of you.  Have a Most Beautiful Day
Namaste.

Sam Trey

Hi.I am Sam, and I'm 24 years old

cschellschell

Good Morning, Sam.

isiomaohwerorojoy

Good evening my name is Ohweroro Ogenetega Grace am a Nigerian seeking for a houskeeping  or waitress job in Muritius ..how can this forum help me with a job and a work permit thanks

isiomaohwerorojoy

Good evening my name my name is Ohweroro Ogenetega Grace and a Nigerian I am seeking for a job in Muritius either waitress or housekeeping job would be glad if you could help with a job and a work permit thanks

Upen7

Hi. I am Jayesh and been working in Mauritius since September 2019. It's a nice friendly country. When are you planning to migrate here? IT sector here is a promising n developing one with a hub in Ebene. And I  am sure you too will be able to do quite a support given your background.
Take care and stay safe
Jayesh

isiomaohwerorojoy

Good morning Sir my name is Ohweroro Ogenetega Grace am a Nigerian looking forward to migrate to Muritius very soon and I am also seeking for a housekeeping or waitress job would be glad if you reply thanks

Saheed Eyasim

Dear Sir,

Please note if you are planning to migrate to Mauritius you will have to meet dome requirements by the authorities. Have you already done all your formalities?

Kind regards,

Saheed Eyasim

Saheed Eyasim

Dear Madam,

If you are planning to Migrate to Mauritius you will need to meet some requirements. Are you aware of that?

Kind regards,

Saheed Eyasim

Saheed Eyasim

Dear Natasha,

Hello...

Have you moved forward with your plans for Mauritius?

Kind regards,

Saheed Eyasim

isiomaohwerorojoy

Good morning sir I am planning to migrate to Muritius very soon what are the requirements

Omobolanle Adeshina

I am omobolanle am a Nigeria lady
But currently in oman now
But am looking forward to relocate to Mauritius with my kids
If anyone can guide me up

iboganee

Hi,
I am from Canada and planning to come to live in Mauritius. Do you guys know if there is an overseas mover from Canada that you can recommend?

Mac65

Hello,  im a 55 y o swedish man who suffered a stroke a few years ago,  but ive been to Mauritius after that.  I also was in Mauritius 2012 on a honeymoon (before stroke). I did survive the stroke against all odds (a massive one). At first i was horrified of being disabled ( partly paralyzed & partly wheelchairbound). Then i decided i didnt just want to survive,  but to live life to the fullest. At first, me & my companion aimed to move to Thailand, but after being on holiday in Mauritius 2019, we changed our minds,  so Mauritius it will be.  At latest well relocate to Mauritius in 10 years when i retire, but hopefully we can relocate there earlier. Well sell our appartments in Sweden, which will free up money to buy something decent in Mauritius & when i retire ill have a quite decent pension (with swedish standards), so i think we can have a good life in Mauritius.  Since my companion is much younger than me & wouldnt accept to live on me,  we might also buy a smaller hotel & run.  So much long to relocating to Mauritius/Marcus

joaquimmussassa

Hello. My name is Joaquim, I am from Mozambique. I am thinking to move to Mauritius.

Ganiyat

Hi,
I am Ganiyat. I just moved here from Nigeria. I am a student and a fashion designer. I am lost on how to start my business here. I will appreciate any help

jiaved

Greetings,

You should be more explicit of what kind of help you are looking for, like open your company with all paper works then step follows or something else

Cheers
Javed

Ganiyat

It is not a company per se. I just want to start a small business of making African clothing for sale. I will like to know if Mauritians are very interested in African clothing or less interested. And the recommendation of a cheap and reliable delivery service, or as a small business should I consider using post office instead?

Seth Nyame

My name is Seth Nyame an excavator Operator from Ghana , interested and willing to work in Mauritius.
Please can you help me

doluwatimileyin6

My name is onipede Deborah oluwatimileyin.
Want to come to Mauritius because am still in Nigeria, am coming to look for job.

Reena K.S

Hi all, I'm Reena from Malaysia. Got stranded since the 1st lockdown in 2020, boarded the last flight and the international borders have shut the day I touched down. I have been working from home as an airline translator - I speak, read and write Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese, Fujian, and Hakka), Malay and Indonesian, and a tiny bit of Tamil -  I got a Malaysian-born Chinese mom and Malaysian-born Indian dad.

Enjoying my 'long vacation' until there is a commercial flight back to my home country, also considering staying permanently if there are any organizations that are willing to hire someone who can't speak French. I have also taken the chance to enroll in a Digital Marketing Course (August 2020 - Feb 2021) and passed with a distinction.

All-in-all I'm having a good time here, wish the beaches are open sooner though!  big_smile.png

P/S. If anyone is looking for a freelance translator for the languages I mentioned above, feel free to be in touch! Have a good week ahead!

cmircea

hello Roman, you can email me. Thanks

Damo_21

Thanks Julien, and hello everyone!

I am bringing my family to Mauritius in October 2021 (hopefully avoiding any quarantine as we'll be fully vaccinated) and we are hoping to stay for the long term.

We are coming from Oxford, UK and have three kids aged 4, 5, and 7 and are looking for rental property in the Tamarin/Black River area.

Looking forward to getting into expat life, meeting new friends and exploring this wonderful island!

Damien

brianwizzit

We are coming to Mauritius towards the end of next year on a senior citizens permanent residence scheme. I know it is sometime off but good to get started with the planning process. I am thinking f bringing in a Vintage Vehicle and will be bringing a container load of persona effects and furniture which I believe I am allowed to do.

BJFITZ77

Hi.. my name is Barbara and I am from USA but living past years in retirement in Costa Rica and now Panama and am thinking about visiting Mauritius for 6 months to decide whether I want to sell all here and make the move to Mauritius!!  It certainly looks beautiful.  Hoping one day to see you there!!

janerosejohn123

Hello everyone... Iam jane. We have recently shifted to Mauritius and currently under quarantine. Waiting for the quarantine period to finish soon after which I will be house hunting. Would be glad if anyone can give good suggestions on location .. I have a 7 year old daughter who is in 3 rd standard..so iam also on lookout for good Govt schools. Your suggestions will help us alot..
Regards

Ceresiet
lieselpotgieter28 wrote:

I just submitted my CV I am from SA.  So the schools are alright in Mauritius? This is very spontaneous on my side.
Regards Liesel

Hi Liesel,

especially Northfields International School and West Coast International School have a very good name amongst the expats - they are just very expensive compared to private schools in South Africa

JaxYS

Hi Everyone

My name is Jackie and I currently live in Johannesburg, South Africa. I am sure everyone has been watching the news and how terrible it is getting here. I have an 8 and a 9-year-old and am extremely concerned about their future here so I am researching our move to Mauritius.
I wonder if anyone could assist with the best area and schools for a family like ours so I can look into everything. I know this move may take some time but I am more than happy to do what it takes to give my children a better future. 
I currently own my own daycare centre and will consider teaching eventually when I sort out all visas but any information you have would be appreciated.

Hope to hear from anyone soon.

Thanks so much
Jackie

barecraig25

Hi, my name is Craig. I'm from Zimbabwe but currently living in China. I am relocating to Mauritius this August to be with my daughter (Mauritian). I am also looking for a permanent job (Business Consultant) and I would appreciate any assistance. At the moment, I'm searching for a good recruitment agency or consultancy firm looking to hire. Any suggestions?

yuyu85

Hi. Do contact me. Will be glad to assist you. Thanks

@NeilvZ

Hi

Im from Cape town and we are making the move with our 2kids. We have family there that helped us with looking at schools ect.

I Think after last week half of SA want to get our of here. Please DM me if you want to chat more.

Regards
Neil

shammikapoor

Hi, my name is Shammi from India. I am Harvard University certified. I am Google Adwords Expert. I have 12  countries exposure. I am writer. I am Business Growth Advisor.

I am relocating to Mauritius this October with my wife and son (14 year old in grade 9th). I need a ground floor home on rent in Quatre Bornes which should be near school, hospital, shops etc. I need ground floor because my wife can not use stairs for medical reasons.

I am also looking for a part time/contractual/project basis job (Business Growth Consultant/Digital Marketing Consultant). I would appreciate any assistance.

I am good at growing company's business. I am interested in working with companies of these segments (property selling, property renting, immigration, medical/pharma/hospital for medical tourism, tourism etc) and I am open for all options in any industry.

You may know more about me at ***

Any suggestions? Please help.

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : No external links, pls.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
JaxYS

Hi Neil

I am In joburg with my 2 kids and am extremely worried about their future.

Would appreciate any assistance 

Jackie

Dav187

Hi Julien, nice to meet you.
Looking at the possibility of moving to Mauritius with my wife and son of 8 years.
We have an office in SA, looking at possibly creating an entity in Mauritius.
Lots of questions, how does residency work?
Does this require an investment if you open an office?
How does retirement work? how is healthcare?
Not sure if this is the right thread to be asking all these questions? have many more;
Regards

Dav187

Hey Neil, hope you well.
I see you making the move, trying to understand the pros and cons of moving.
Residency, retiring, property.... so many questions.

Beemcee

Am new here,and want to make friends

Closed

Articles to help you in your expat project in Mauritius

• Driver's licence in Mauritius
    Driver's licence in Mauritius

Mauritius has a well-developed public transport network, although the frequency and working hours might not work ...

• Banking services in Mauritius
    Banking services in Mauritius

Opening a bank account in Mauritius can help you in many ways, including receiving your salary, paying your ...

• Emergency numbers in Mauritius
    Emergency numbers in Mauritius

The list below contains emergency numbers in Mauritius, should you be in need for assistance at any ...

• The health system in Mauritius
    The health system in Mauritius

Health is a major issue when moving abroad. Are expats eligible for the Mauritian health system? What are the ...

• Recommended doctors in Mauritius
    Recommended doctors in Mauritius

You might be needing medical assistance during your stay in Mauritius. Expat.com provides you with a list of ...

• Study in Mauritius
    Study in Mauritius

Mauritius is becoming a higher education hub for the region as it offers a great deal of options. Most Mauritian ...

• Buying a property in Mauritius
    Buying a property in Mauritius

The Economic Development Board reminds us that any non-citizen, whether an individual or an investor, is allowed ...

• Education in Mauritius
    Education in Mauritius

The Mauritian school system is based on the Anglo-Saxon model and is divided, as is often the case elsewhere, into ...

All of Mauritius's guide articles