Menu
Expat.com

New members of the Spain forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Last activity 02 January 2022 by chriskjag

RetiredUSA

Hello there, I see your post. We are in Galicia since 2019 and enjoying Spain...

ginaneurohr83

:Haut:

charmingeve81

Hi thanks for reply. Do you find it the best thing you did to move there?

RetiredUSA

Definitely, we own my home, vehicles and land in the US and I didn't have savings, here I pay rent, water, electricity, food and travel and we are saving money!!! Hard to believe!!!

Lewis De Payne

I'm in the process of moving to Costa Del Sol from the US.  A few months ago, I bought a place in Fuengirola, which will not be ready until the end of 2022 (new construction).  As a result, I also bought a place in Marbella (San Pedro Del Alcantara), which I'll be staying at starting in January.

I'd love to meet other transplants who are in the Costa Del Sol area!

charmingeve81

Coming soon to Alicante in 2 weeks to see about moving!

FagnerPerrin

Hi, my name is Fagner, I'm Brazilian, resident of Rio de Janeiro, naturalized Carioca. I'm 33 years old, studying at a Private College and studying Administration. I have short-term plans for my trip to Spain with my partner to try to get out of this country that I am Natural and has not given me opportunities for growth. Those who follow our economy know well what I'm talking about. Intending to open my horizons knowing new cultures, different places, different people and that I can somehow add positively. I have a resident Irma who now lives in the Basque Country of Spain, she gave me the tip to go and try to start my life from another angle, adding to my studies, specializing and growing as a person and professional. That's it, I'm grateful to everyone for the reception. I will soon be in Spain.

charmingeve81

Hi Luis,

Congrats on your movement. Heading to Alicante in another week to see if this will be my first retirement location while on vacation. What made you decide to make the changes?

charmingeve81

Hi my name is Lyn. Going to Alicante nxt week. Did you find a home there?

charmingeve81

Thanks for responding; going to Alicante nxt week & see about moving if it suits me.

ASCORER1

Good Afternoon, My name is Al, Wife Sonia, dog Gertie.
Researching what is required to enable us to move out to the Almeria region inland to renovate a rural/ country property, spending a couple of months at a time making things habitable with view to eventually semi retire between UK and Spain.
Will keep posting regarding our progress and search for a property, hopefully popping over for a week in March 2022 to view a few properties. Cheers

williamszeinab

Nice to have you here Lewis, I just moved down here to Marbella. And hoping to be here for another year. It is very much a family oriented place to live I could tell.

gardinercharlene2

Hi. I'm Charlene . i am a new member.  I  speak english but have  spanish and french languague soft skills.  I can understand spanish but  am not fluent at it. looking to travel to spian soon on business .

rogerdean49

Hello this is Roger and Carma and we are vacationing in Spain in Torrevieja and we love it.  We will start doing some research to check the requirements for moving here.  We are retired and also retired military so need to find out more about medical.  We are currently living in Florida USA.  Bye for now

Busuioc Elena

Thank you very much.

chriskjag

My name is Chris, currently living outside Chicago, planning to move to Valencia.I work remotely, hopefully my employer will allow me to work from abroad. There are some administrative questions ( having company equipment and admin access to the IT infrastructure, etc). I'm about a year from retirement anyway, just need to work to cover all initial expenses. We already have chosen an apt. in Alboraya. We visited there last November, stayed in ABB there and it happened that the apt next door to the one we stayed in was available for annual rent which is not very common in the building first line of Patacona beach.Me and my wife both have dual citizenships, we are US citizens but also holding current passports from an EU country (Poland). We have not resided in Poland for almost 40 years. I was wondering, if while applying for Spanish residency should we use our Polish passports or stick with American.I have pretty good idea how the residency process works in Spain, but in our particular situation I'm not sure how to proceed. Anyone with similar circumstances? Any advice how to proceed?

Julien

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=969416

Thanks!

Closed

Articles to help you in your expat project in Spain

• Working in Tenerife
    Working in Tenerife

Are you looking for a job in Tenerife? While there are certainly opportunities, especially for fluent Spanish ...

• Internet in Spain
    Internet in Spain

Whether for work or play or keeping in touch with friends and relatives abroad, getting online will most likely be ...

• Working in the Canary Islands
    Working in the Canary Islands

The Canary Islands is Spain's southernmost autonomous community, an archipelago in the Atlantic Ocean, more ...

• Popular neighbourhoods in Seville
    Popular neighbourhoods in Seville

Once you have decided to make the beautiful city of Seville your home, the next order of business is finding a ...

• Accommodation in Madrid
    Accommodation in Madrid

Madrid, the bustling capital of Spain, is a popular destination for thousands of expatriates each year. With its ...

• Working in Valencia
    Working in Valencia

Valencia is the capital of the autonomous community of Valencia, an attractive port city with beautiful beaches, a ...

• Customs in Spain
    Customs in Spain

Before traveling to Spain for your new life abroad, you will need to be aware of the country's ...

• Developing your social circle in Seville
    Developing your social circle in Seville

For many people, building a new circle of friends is one of the most daunting aspects of being an expat. Missing ...

All of Spain's guide articles