Menu
Expat.com

Profession Not Changing

Last activity 19 October 2021 by XTang

usmanilyas14

Hi,
I came to KSA on project engineer visa in dec 2020 and my degree is BS Computer Science(4 years degree). I applied SCE membership but they granted temporary membership and asked to change my profession from project engineer to computer science related profession from labor office.
Labor office is not changing profession stating that all computer science related professions are reserved for saudi's due to saudization and also not changing to any other profession.

Arsal7
usmanilyas14 wrote:

Hi,
I came to KSA on project engineer visa in dec 2020 and my degree is BS Computer Science(4 years degree). I applied SCE membership but they granted temporary membership and asked to change my profession from project engineer to computer science related profession from labor office.
Labor office is not changing profession stating that all computer science related professions are reserved for saudi's due to saudization and also not changing to any other profession.

You can not change your profession other than your degree.
You can not downgrade your profession from any higher profession to labor or like that.
If you have any diploma in any other field then you can change your profession to that but if they caught you doing any other work then it will be a problem.
So, think carefully and do as the company HR says.
Talk to him.

Ricky Ricky

My iqama already expired and the profession is technician before my iqama was expired SCE upgraded my profession to Engineer, as per SCE my IQAMA needs to also my IQAMA to Engineer. the issue is as per our HR, Profession upgrade is closed and they can't upgrade my Iqama and renew it.

please share your feedback here. thanks

omairchouhan

Dear Ricky, is your issue resolved!? I have the same case, SCE changed my membership to Engineer and I must change the profession on Iqama too. I don’t know if it’s allowed or not?

Arsal7

The problem is that profession change is not plain and simple.
Your company needs to have some basic fulfilment to ask the government for profession change.
For example:
One company has the limit of two electrical engineers on their contracts, so, they will not be able to change the profession of a third person to electrical engineer.
For that the company needs to change their capital or some manpower details in the ministry of commerce.
And that procedure requires money and mostly they try to find short cuts and save money.
Mostly, profession change is not prohibited at all.

zahid.awan1998

Now already changed my profession by company as my request I submit 1000 sar and profession changed in to no need SCE.
Now plz inform me that I how can deactivate my SCE membership??

Arsal7
zahid.awan1998 wrote:

Now already changed my profession by company as my request I submit 1000 sar and profession changed in to no need SCE.
Now plz inform me that I how can deactivate my SCE membership??

What is your current profession now?

omairchouhan

What was your old and new profession?

alsher081086

I am working as Autocad Drafsman and have a temporary SCE membership before but now my iqama is expired and I cannot renew it because I failed to comply the requirements, my diploma in BSBA I have Autocad Certificate but less than 1 year, So SCE told me to change my profession, when my employer went to Labor he said the system is not working right for changing profession is this true? my iqama is more than 1 month now expired.

Muhammad Atif saddique

they can change profession easily online. my company did also 15 days ago.

Muhammad Atif saddique

what ever you have profession same attested  certificate  from your country upload in SCE.
open you r SCE account and find permanently membership and then upload your documents. and wait for there reply

alsher081086

Sorry, the certificate does not qualify for the membership required
that is the rply from sce

SYED MINHAJ UDDIN

How they change profession if system is not working .
Your sce membership expire then they change your profession

tediehudson

As I understand it. You need to get a NEW contract as your new job. You need to end your other Igama under another profession. Your employer must raise a new visa for the new job decription and put you there. So you might have do do final exit anywhere ..maybe Dubai and reenter under new visa. Its a hassle but I think each igama is tied to a specific issued visa type. Good time to go home or on holiday while your employers gets new visa and gives you new contract.

Arsal7
alsher081086 wrote:

I am working as Autocad Drafsman and have a temporary SCE membership before but now my iqama is expired and I cannot renew it because I failed to comply the requirements, my diploma in BSBA I have Autocad Certificate but less than 1 year, So SCE told me to change my profession, when my employer went to Labor he said the system is not working right for changing profession is this true? my iqama is more than 1 month now expired.

You can not downgrade your profession.
I mean one can change his/her profession from non technical to technical but will never be able to change a technical profession to non technical.
So that's the problem.
You can change your profession but you need to change it to some other  technical field which is acceptable in your company and for which you should have a degree or diploma.

Ricky Ricky

my iqama not yet upgaded and still not renew. sad.png(

omairchouhan

What is the status of Jawazat and Yaqeen on your SCE membership? Are they both green?

Shaik rizwan

Hello friends, is Iqama profession change is going on for computer related?

saudi2020

from which profession to which profession

farhanahmed009

SO this means i can change my profession from Computer Technician to Draftsman ?? is there anyone can guide me ?

Arsal7
farhanahmed009 wrote:

SO this means i can change my profession from Computer Technician to Draftsman ?? is there anyone can guide me ?

Ask your kafeel/company to change it.
They would if it's possible.
But right now, they are taking those test exams and they have banned many professions to change.

XTang

As mentioned, a LOT of professions are blocked right now for switching in and out of.  The reasons are, either upcoming Saudization announcements or the skill examination topic.

No one has any ideas as to when changes will be allowed.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

• Starting a business in Saudi Arabia
    Starting a business in Saudi Arabia

With Saudi businesses increasing by 16 percent in the final quarter of 2023 and a 23% increase in commercial ...

• Working in Saudi Arabia
    Working in Saudi Arabia

Finding a job in Saudi Arabia is mostly done before entering the country. Employment visas are still the most ...

• Working in Jubail
    Working in Jubail

Jubail is a city in the eastern province of Saudi Arabia, and it has a population of around 500,000 people. It is ...

• Working in Riyadh
    Working in Riyadh

As the capital city of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh is one of the biggest urban communities in the country and is home to ...

• Working in Dammam
    Working in Dammam

Dammam, the Eastern province's capital city, is a very dynamic city in Saudi Arabia, almost as much as Khobar. ...

• Working in Jeddah
    Working in Jeddah

Jeddah is the most diverse city in Saudi Arabia. It is home to 3,75 million people and to the largest ...

• Working in Yanbu
    Working in Yanbu

Yanbu, which is found near the Red Sea, is deemed to be a port and industrial city. Situated on the ancient ...

• Internships in Saudi Arabia
    Internships in Saudi Arabia

Performing an internship in Saudi Arabia can be an interesting and enriching experience for young professionals. ...

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles