Menu
Expat.com

Forcing to work

Last activity 21 January 2021 by Tarek Hussein

edwinjem

Good day my fellow ofws. I just want to ask and tell about what we are going to do about our situations. At present we have our exit Visa tickets which will be on feb 1 this year and we are finished contracts. Right now our company is asking us to work in a palace in Al Ula for 15 days. We are five girls who will go on exit . My four colleagues accept but then I refuse. They said that they will cancel my exit visa and cannot go back to the Philippines and they will make problem to me and blacklist me here in saudi Arabia. What should I do about it. Iam so tense I dont know what to do. Please give me some advise .thank you my fellowmen

phipiemar

Hi,

In which country are you?

Put your message in the dedicated country to make sure that you will receive an accurate response

cccmedia
edwinjem wrote:

Right now our company is asking us to work in a palace in Al Ula for 15 days. We are five girls who will go on exit. My four colleagues accept but then I refuse. They said that they will cancel my exit visa and cannot go back to the Philippines and they will make problem to me and blacklist me here in saudi Arabia. What should I do about it. I am so tense I dont know what to do. Please give me some advice....

She is one of "five girls" from the Philippines who are being forced to work in a palace in Saudi Arabia .. or else, according to the OP.

I am asking the expat.com Home Office to transfer the post to the Philippines and/or Saudi forum(s) if the OP has not reposted there.

OP, contact your embassy or consulate unless you are being prevented from doing so .. to avoid forced labor or other consequences.

cccmedia

cccmedia
edwinjem wrote:

Good day my fellow ofws.

OFW = overseas filipino workers.

-- per Wikipedia

Cheryl

Hello everyone,

@edwinjem, please note that your thread is now on the Saudi Arabia forum.

Regards,

Cheryl
Expat.com team.

mukkaram1989

You need to have a documented (a)Exit Paper and (b)Email from them where they are asking you to work again.
Once you have these two in soft copy, go to ministry of Human Resource website and file a case against your employer, they are very good people and you will get your hearing within 10-15 days with a judge online.

I am pretty sure if your company legal department got message that an employee has filed a case against them, they will immediately revoke their pressure on you to work, because companies know they won't be spared and will have to face heavy fines.

try that and you will not face any problem from them anymore.

Tarek Hussein

You need to get this is writing. The question is about these 15 days. Are these days within the days of your contract or after it expires?. If it is within your contract period, the situation will be different.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

• Starting a business in Saudi Arabia
    Starting a business in Saudi Arabia

With Saudi businesses increasing by 16 percent in the final quarter of 2023 and a 23% increase in commercial ...

• Working in Saudi Arabia
    Working in Saudi Arabia

Finding a job in Saudi Arabia is mostly done before entering the country. Employment visas are still the most ...

• Working in Jubail
    Working in Jubail

Jubail is a city in the eastern province of Saudi Arabia, and it has a population of around 500,000 people. It is ...

• Working in Riyadh
    Working in Riyadh

As the capital city of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh is one of the biggest urban communities in the country and is home to ...

• Working in Dammam
    Working in Dammam

Dammam, the Eastern province's capital city, is a very dynamic city in Saudi Arabia, almost as much as Khobar. ...

• Working in Jeddah
    Working in Jeddah

Jeddah is the most diverse city in Saudi Arabia. It is home to 3,75 million people and to the largest ...

• Working in Yanbu
    Working in Yanbu

Yanbu, which is found near the Red Sea, is deemed to be a port and industrial city. Situated on the ancient ...

• Internships in Saudi Arabia
    Internships in Saudi Arabia

Performing an internship in Saudi Arabia can be an interesting and enriching experience for young professionals. ...

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles