Menu
Expat.com

Thai E-Visa

Last activity 28 March 2021 by Terrymedlicott

NomadBob123

Hello All, does anyone know a good, honest, and helpful Visa company in Bangkok.  Trying to get my E-Visa but getting no help or no contact from the Thai Consulate in Washington.  Have trip planned for next month with a lot of money already out of pocket but getting no assistance from the DC consulate.

If anyone can give me any feedback to simplify this process it would be greatly apppreciayed.

Bobby

johnty15

Bangkok
Can have your requirements in place before your arrival !

Qarl

You don't need a visa company, you can do it by yourself if you meet all requirements.

johnty15

I SAID THAT ALREADY IF YOU READ BETWEEN THE LINES !

Terrymedlicott

No need to pay a company lots of cash for submitting documents that you have already gathered up. Present them yourself and get a feel for how it works , Its really easy

johnty15

Numpty

NomadBob123

Guys, thanks for the feedback, but your wrong on how easy it is.  As I stated, I have submitted online for a tourist visa.  However, the site does not give any feedback that they got the request, it just says submitted.  Which is fine, but given the frigging timelines to get that back, then request for a COE, etc, it would really be great to get some acknowledgment that they received my request and documents.

Plus I have called the consulate, emailed them, left VM’s, over a weeks time and not once have they picked up, called back, or responded to my email...oh well, if they don’t get it done then just less revenue for the people of Thailand...cheers

johnty15

Like i have said i have been doing this work from my base here in Thailand  over 25 yrs i have been frustrated with Immigration visits, online requests and cowboys operating in Pattaya & Bangkok, basically communication with any Thai is extremely rare as they don't posses the skills not even in high office.

I can get this done for you before you leave as i have helped my friends in the same way, i am void of website and bullshit,  just a facilitator, let me know in detail what you require,  5 yrs 10 year or infinity Visa and i will give you a quote, no advanced fees !

Terrymedlicott

Thousands applied for and issued daily without any issues , clearly you are doing something wrong with your application.

5boris

It sounds to me like you never made actual appointment with the embassy as I believe once you submit your documents online you should have booked the appointment and pay appropriate visa fee. Only then once its booked you can go in person and submit your passport. By uploading your documents online you won't get any response from embassy as you didn't pay the fee nor you booked your appointment. COE is the last thing you do once you have your visa and once you have arranged your ASQ.
Hope this helps.

Digitarius

From what I understand most consulates, Los Angeles and others are not accepting walk in applications.  If you are an American citizen you don't need a visa but you will need the COE.  I applied and got an immediate response online.  It is easy and they do acknowledge your email if sent to the correct place and they give you  a 6 digit code to check on your application.  https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/step?language=en this is the only site you  need to go to apply whether you  need visa or not.  Before anyone says I'm wrong about the visa i spoke directly with the consulate in LA and Americans do not need a visa but you must apply for correct visa on the above website.

NomadBob123

It’s so great to meet those perfect people like you Terry, who CLEARLY have no clue what they are talking about...

NomadBob123

Sorry 5, you can’t make an appointment at the current time to show up in person.  You can only set up an E appointment, and I did pay the $40 fee.  But thanks for the feedback.

NomadBob123

That is correct, no in person appointments right now.  And the Visa you are referring to is the 45 days Tourist Visa in which you are correct we do not need a Visa.  But I am applying for the 90 day tourist Visa which does require a Visa and COE.  Thanks for the feedback.

Terrymedlicott

Dearest Nomadbob123, Works perfectly well for me and everyone else. Only seems to be you struggling with the simple online application . Feel free to pay an agent to carry your mountain of paperwork and take you by the hand and guide you through the treacherous maze of basic questions and press those difficult to find buttons to submit the responses. Maybe the stress and anger that the process is causing you is not worth it. Perhaps you should consider staying at home , the laid back lifestyle of the kingdom may be hampered by the mountain of chips you seem to carry on your shoulders.  Some people seem to complicate even the simpliest of tasks. But then again, what do i know ?
Terry
"The perfect one"

Guest234878

Now that was a bit harsh!

Terrymedlicott

He asks for advice then berates anyone who offers to help him with honest impartial advice. He wont last a week in the Kingdom  if thats his attitude :-)

Articles to help you in your expat project in Thailand

• Work visa in Thailand
    Work visa in Thailand

To be able to work in Thailand and stay in the country without needing to apply for visa extensions regularly, you ...

• Retiring in Thailand
    Retiring in Thailand

I have lived in Thailand for over a year now, on a variety of visas. This week I applied for and received a ...

• Work Permit Renewal
    Work Permit Renewal

Work Permit renewal must be done prior to the expiration date of the permit term. You could locate this date from ...

• Connecting to the Internet in Thailand
    Connecting to the Internet in Thailand

Having reliable internet is a priority for many foreigners living in Thailand — not just for work reasons if ...

• Getting a landline or mobile phone in Thailand
    Getting a landline or mobile phone in Thailand

Once you touch down in Thailand, you will probably want to get a mobile phone with a local Thai SIM so that you ...

• Dating in Thailand
    Dating in Thailand

Thailand is one of the top destinations in the world when it comes to travel, but not only that. In recent years, ...

• Healthcare for the elderly in Thailand
    Healthcare for the elderly in Thailand

Thailand is one of the world's most popular retirement destinations. There are a number of reasons for that, ...

• Working in Chiang Mai
    Working in Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai's ethnic diversity, breathtaking scenery, and the multitude of festivals and attractions ...

All of Thailand's guide articles