Exchange rate: how to secure Euro vs Real

We as whole family (4&dog) are moving to Sao Paulo from The Netherlands in August 2021. We are moving within an International company and I was paid in Euros, but will be paid in Reales brasileiros there in Sao Paulo. How can I make sure that my salary won't be depreciated in Euros? Expected Exchange rate will go from 1€/6,8$R to 1€/10$R in 2 years.
Many thanks for any advice on this topic,
A

Hi!

The two most common ways with which I'm familiar both involve negotiating with your employer:

1. Estimate your monthly family budget in Brazil and receive that portion in Reais in Brazil; have the remainder deposited in your Dutch bank account in Euros.  You'll still be able to make wire transfers, or ATM withdrawals in Brazil from your Dutch funds, if needed;

2. Include recognition of exchange rate fluctuations in your (presumably) annual salary adjustment.

If you're thinking of trying your hand at currency trading, I wouldn't recommend it,  unless you already have a level of expertise.   That would be like taking on a second new job while you're already trying to adjust to one new job, and you and your family are adjusting to a new and very different country.

What a great opportunity  -  good luck, I hope that you all enjoy it.

Many thanks for your hints. Always better negotiate with such volatile currrencies.

Excited to live in Brazil and know and enjoy the country with family!!!!!!

Hi,
Good luck with your move!
If possible see if you can continue to get paid in euro's.
We moved from US to Campinas in January 2021.  My husband gets pain in reales bc he works for a Brazilian company but we reguarly transfer money from the US.  It's hard to predict exchange rates but the euro will always be more stable obviously.  I am dutch and we live in Campinas SP state.  Happy to give advice if you have any questions.
We flew with our dog from the US as well so I know the move with the dog can be stressful.

I get paid in US Dollars keep it in the US. Only transfer when paying monthly bills and use a no fee credit card. I find the credit card tracks the exchange rate fairly close the days rate but seeing now a slight up charge from the grocery stores like sometimes at Real Dollar or more they are charging credit card fee on the sale. This has nothing to do with the no change credit company. We do try to play currency exchange game when we see the Real spike. What I found if you are using ATM again I have a Debit card that pays most the fees back. If you see a spike you wait one day it seem the ATM don't adjust on the day of the spike but next day even if lower exchange rate that day. You will get the day before exchange rate from the ATM. Just a few tip if you can keep your money in Euro.