Menu
Expat.com

Masks and restrictions

Last activity 01 April 2021 by Lorenzo Ursano

Lorenzo Ursano

Hello everybody this is Lorenzo from Italy. Question: are masks mandatory even in open spaces in Mexico? If so do the people respect this imposition? What happens if you do not have your mask on?  Moreover are assembly of persons allowed in public spaces? And what about gathering in private properties? And finally, are the media talking only about vaccines as a possible solution of this 'situation' there? Sorry if some of these questions might seem silly or senseless, but if you were living in Italy nowadays you could understand why I am concerned about this kind of things......
Really want to move away from all this but I have to pick the right destination first.
Every answer, witness or indication is very welcome. Thank you.

travellight
Lorenzo Ursano wrote:

Hello everybody this is Lorenzo from Italy. Question: are masks mandatory even in open spaces in Mexico? If so do the people respect this imposition? What happens if you do not have your mask on?  Moreover are assembly of persons allowed in public spaces? And what about gathering in private properties? And finally, are the media talking only about vaccines as a possible solution of this 'situation' there? Sorry if some of these questions might seem silly or senseless, but if you were living in Italy nowadays you could understand why I am concerned about this kind of things......
Really want to move away from all this but I have to pick the right destination first.
Every answer, witness or indication is very welcome. Thank you.

Buenos Dias Lorenzo.

There is nothing silly or senseless about your questions. All countries now have some form of this agenda. Mexico has an interesting way of handling it. The severity level of the problem is determined by the number of people in the hospital that are said to have "it".
They color code the states. Mine is currently green. That means few people in the hospital with flu symptoms. 
People are expected to wear a mask (only one). Stores expect you to have a mask on when shopping, restaurants not so much. In restaurants, you come in with one but don't wear it while dining. They monitor your temperature and give you a hand full of alcohol prep which I immediately wipe off and go to wash my hands. Most people can be seen with masks but if you are without one  I don't see any pressure or demands made except for stores. I have not seen any policing of people with masks.
The big difference is aside from the arbitrary "social distance people just lead their lives. People are out in the streets as always probably with a mask on or quickly available.

Compared to the U.S. it is much much more laid back here. The U.S. in many areas is just flat-out scary and people feel they can criticize their fellow humans But that is mild compared to three other countries I am aware of.
I have heard that the restrictions in my state may be lifted next month.  Some have decided to get the jab others not.
Here is where I decided to be and My opinion has not changed since this agenda began.

Lorenzo Ursano

Muchas gracias por tu respuesta,
Now in Italy all regions are between orange and red, with some areas in 'heavy red', while in the past weeks, when the government changed its composition and leader, most of the regions were yellow and just a few orange and one, Sardinia, an island, incredibly was declared white, but it did not last......
Same crappy agenda here as you see.
Sadly I think I will have to consider other destinations for my attempt to escape all of this.
Are not some 20 states in the US trying to refuse all of this madness or is it just a legend?

travellight
Lorenzo Ursano wrote:

Muchas gracias por tu respuesta,
Now in Italy all regions are between orange and red, with some areas in 'heavy red', while in the past weeks, when the government changed its composition and leader, most of the regions were yellow and just a few orange and one, Sardinia, an island, incredibly was declared white, but it did not last......
Same crappy agenda here as you see.
Sadly I think I will have to consider other destinations for my attempt to escape all of this.
Are not some 20 states in the US trying to refuse all of this madness or is it just a legend?

yes some U.S. states are trying to normalize which is good as long as the people trying to support the normalization are in office. Three of those states are Florida, Texas and Montana.The states trying to refuse have other issues , especially Texas.
Yet the country as a whole is leaning toward those tests and IDs in order to get into the country. That can be a major hurtle to get over in most countries.The states most likely to try to remove the restrictions would be Red states. After all it is a political issue driven by powerful people who have unlimited funds.

Have you thought of Japan ?

Lorenzo Ursano

Japan is way too expensive and japanese are way too stressed and devoted to their job and their companies, and I am just a lazy motherfucker. Only thing I can immagine to do there could be the 'hentai' italian guy lost in between asian beauties with big boobs...... not good at all.
Considering Tunisia, which is very cheap and close to Italy but I would love to move to Egypt too. Mediterranean african countries filled of ruins and history and boarding the Sahara region. Tunisian cousine is based on products that are very similar to the ones I eat everyday here in Italy, if not exactly the same because Italy is importing a lot of stuff from there. Everyday life costs less than a half compared to here. Climate is warmer and dryer specially in winter. The government attempted to introduce hard restrictions in early 2021 there but turmoils and guerrilla immediately started in major cities. Many were arrested but the hardest restrictions did not last. People still know what the words dictatorship and revolution mean there......

travellight

Seems like you may have decided. there are 37,643 members on the Tunisia network here on ex-pat

Good luck Lorenzo

Lorenzo Ursano

Still hope I will be able to travel through the whole world one day and that the only restriction will be the one imposed from my buget. And hope I will travel light then, with an empty mind and an empty soul, just fulfilled from all the beauty that still can be experienced in this planet.

Suerte!

Articles to help you in your expat project in Mexico

• Dating in Mexico
    Dating in Mexico

We can recognize an intrinsic spark of love in the Mexican culture, "la serenata." Remember that ...

• Leisure activities in Mexico
    Leisure activities in Mexico

Mexico has activities for everyone: from exciting adventure to peaceful relaxation, high culture to rowdy street ...

• Working in Cancun
    Working in Cancun

Cancun and surrounding areas are popular destinations for both tourists and expatriates alike. Cancun is the ...

• Accommodation in Cancun
    Accommodation in Cancun

Like in other parts of Mexico, the best way to find accommodation in Cancun is by searching for one while ...

• Travelling around Mexico
    Travelling around Mexico

One of the best parts about living in Mexico is being able to travel across the country. Mexico may appear small ...

• Childcare and education in Mexico
    Childcare and education in Mexico

Many Mexicans' lives, young and old, revolve around family issues. Children are accepted on most social ...

• Buying property in Mexico City
    Buying property in Mexico City

People travel from all across the globe to reside in Latin America because of its cultural richness and usually ...

• Study in Mexico
    Study in Mexico

If you're planning to move to Mexico with your family or choose to study there, here is all you need to know ...

All of Mexico's guide articles