Menu
Expat.com

MoM is granting entry approval from which country?

Last activity 22 April 2021 by beppi

Prateek Shrivastava

I have been trying for my entry approval but I not able to get. May I know which country is able to get approval? I have tried with Dubai, as I will go there to see my brother. Do they have threshold for City flying from or fix dates to fly from? As I already tried multiple times with different date. Which country, others get approval.
Can someone please tell?

beppi

The criteria for entry approval are unpublished and likely to change all the time.
But it seems the nature of the job is at least as important as the country travelled from: Essential services can come, all others not. What is your profession?

praban23

If you get a job in Construction , marine or process sector you will get the entry approval with in a month

Prateek Shrivastava

I am in IT. Working as java dev.
Is there any reltation with number of time you tried? Or  like employer quota?

beppi

Everything is speculation at this point - but counting the number of trials or giving employers quota would not be the style the Singapore authorities usually employ.

bhullar1921

I get ipa under contraction job 2 month ago still cant get entry approval

ragzisme

Anybody got their Entry approval recently? I am planning to travel in June from korea. Does the travel country matter?

beppi

Korea has very low  incidence rates - so I expect no problem there!

ragzisme

Thanks for confirming beppi. How many days before can we apply for the entry approval?

beppi

You can apply right after your work pass has been approved. Good luck!

beppi

There is a complete travel ban from India to Singapore starting tomorrow (23.Apr.2021).
Even entry permits already issued are not valid any longer.
Please cancel your trip if you did not already do so!

praban23

No you are wrong. They Going to reduce/ stop  the entry approvals . Already aproved work pass holders are can entry and undergo 21 day SHN .. don't spread fake news

Shekhz

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/amphtml/singa … 59051.html

Per the recent news, also as called out by my informed forum contributor, Beppi (above)- yes there is a travel ban (for pass holders who are non-Singaporeans and PR’s) effective 23rd in light of the exponential surge in Covid-19 transmission back in India.

Just to clarify, kindly ‘read’ the news section, Additional 7 days quarantine, in the link above to address any further doubts.

Hope this helps.

singswan

"reduce/ stop  the entry approvals" - this is yesterday's news.
Today, they changed the rule. See news below.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/ … s-covid-19

SINGAPORE - All long-term pass holders and short-term visitors who have travelled to India within the last 14 days will not be allowed to enter or transit through Singapore, as the country goes on "heightened alert" against Covid-19.

This move takes effect from 11.59pm on Friday, and includes people who have prior approval to enter Singapore, said Education Minister Lawrence Wong on Thursday (April 22).

beppi
praban23 wrote:

No you are wrong. They Going to reduce/ stop  the entry approvals . Already aproved work pass holders are can entry and undergo 21 day SHN .. don't spread fake news

This news was first posted by another forum member in another thread - and my reaction was similar to yours: "This cannot possibly be true!" But then I googled and found the Straits Times link Singswan mentions above (and I also put in the other thread).
I am sorry for all those whose plans and dreams are dashed. This is a radical measure and shows the Singapore authorities value their national health higher than your plans. Please stay where you are - and stay healthy!

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

All of Singapore's guide articles