Double Holiday Weekend in Vũng Tàu 2021

A friend of mine forwarded this photo from another person in Vũng Tàu, so I can't verify it first hand.

I'm guessing it's been a mass exodus from the new COVID-19 restrictions in Saigon:

https://gordythomas.files.wordpress.com/2021/04/img_20210430_194648.jpg

In Florida, that would be called a "special, super-spreader event."

:)

It appears that the photo I shared is genuine:

(From VNexpress. net - link)

Vacationers shrug off Covid-19 threat, flock to tourist destinations:Huge crowds have been flocking to tourist hotspots in Vietnam during the four-day holiday starting Friday despite the resurgence of Covid-19, and face masks are conspicuous by their absence.

Lennerd wrote:

You're correct. Here in Florida it would be incorrectly and maliciously be called that.

Not malicious.  Most people simply don't agree with you.

MikeTVN wrote:
Lennerd wrote:

You're correct. Here in Florida it would be incorrectly and maliciously be called that.

Just curious, why is "super spreader" a malicious term?

Ciambella wrote:
MikeTVN wrote:
Lennerd wrote:

In itself it is not. But in the US it's been used way too often with malicious intent for a political purpose.
Some groups or events, no matter the circumstance were labeled Super Spreader yet others far worse were not labeled that by the media and others for political purpose. And in particular pertaining to Florida. So if it were used intentionally inaccurate it would be being used maliciously in my view.

Hello everyone,

Kindly note that a few posts have been removed from this thread.

Best,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

MikeTVN wrote:
Ciambella wrote:
MikeTVN wrote:

In itself it is not. But in the US it's been used way too often with malicious intent for a political purpose.
Some groups or events, no matter the circumstance were labeled Super Spreader yet others far worse were not labeled that by the media and others for political purpose. And in particular pertaining to Florida. So if it were used intentionally inaccurate it would be being used maliciously in my view.

I'd say that's a very accurate description of the "phenomenon".

During the summer of 2020 and well into the Fall--in the USA and around the world--there were many, many mass public gatherings that the media referred to as "mostly peaceful protests", but never (to my knowledge) were such "social gatherings" referred to as "super spreader events".

Then certain states began opening up public areas (such as beaches) for normal recreational activities, and every mainstream news media source I viewed was referring to the return of people to the beaches as "super spreader events", in an obvious attempt to condemn public policy and those responsible for the lifting of restrictions.