Menu
Expat.com

Does Covid-19 affect the processing time of Work passes? (Spass)

Last activity 18 May 2021 by _Xiaolongbao

_Xiaolongbao

Hi, my pass is expiring this July 9.  My bosses reassured me that they will renew a month before my pass expires.  Given the situation now, we are in lockdown again.  Does this have any negative effect on the processing of work passes?  Do I wait for my company to renew me on June or should I find a new job?

beppi

Did you try to find the answer by reading related threads on this forum?
This topic has been discussed numerous times - no need to post it again!

Jdid-1
_Xiaolongbao wrote:

Hi, my pass is expiring this July 9.  My bosses reassured me that they will renew a month before my pass expires.  Given the situation now, we are in lockdown again.  Does this have any negative effect on the processing of work passes?  Do I wait for my company to renew me on June or should I find a new job?

Hi, Just sharing based on my experience.
07/04/2021 Spass submitted
09/04/2021 MOM asked for education Verification from Agency
09/04/2021 Ordered an Agency to do verification
30/04/2021 Gotten the report from Agency (After Chasing them for past 5 days)
03/05/2021 submitted  the report to MOM
Still pending until today, so applying renewal before 1 mth of the exp. date is not enough time. And also make sure your company have enough quota.

_Xiaolongbao

Is this education verification still a thing for those who are renewing?  My Uni is listed in MOM, so I don’t think I need to re-verify my educational backgrounds, or is it a new policy?

Shekhz
_Xiaolongbao wrote:

Is this education verification still a thing for those who are renewing?  My Uni is listed in MOM, so I don’t think I need to re-verify my educational backgrounds, or is it a new policy?

The renewals are impacted too, in some cases MoM will ask you to verify your educational certs, in some cases they just sail through. Several other posts on people impacted.

_Xiaolongbao
Shekhz wrote:
_Xiaolongbao wrote:

The renewals are impacted too, in some cases MoM will ask you to verify your educational certs, in some cases they just sail through. Several other posts on people impacted.

In that case better be prepared.  Should I chase my HR now as it is almost a month left?

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

All of Singapore's guide articles