Temporary Stay In Kigali

I am a Nigerian resident in Ireland and my family lives in Nigeria. Due to the security situation in my home town of Owerri Imo State, I am considering moving them out to stay in Kigali temporarily until my application for family reunification is granted.

Since I don't know how long they will stay in Rwanda before joining me, I will like to be advised on the best way to go about it and things we must consider since they will be staying without me in Rwanda.

I will like to know things they have to do before leaving Nigeria, cost of renting a budget (two bedroom accommodation) for them in Kigali, possibility of getting a job for my wife and school for my son, cost of transportation etc.

English is the official language in Nigeria, will that pose any form of barrier in communication in Kigali? Can they come in with our local foodstuff, is it allowed?

Any other vital information that you may have for us that we need to be aware of before leaving will be appreciated.

Thanks
Uche.

Hello dear

Welcome to stay here in Rwanda and i would like to give some of the information that i have and about rent i would like to say it depends on location and also if you prefers house with full equipments and furniture or just house and then you buy your equipments means that if you prefers to live in kigali for more than 6 months better rent a house with no equipment because the rent it can be like 150$-200$/ month while another with full equipment it may cost you between 400$-600$ depend on the location and if you need any help can contact me on ***

Thanks ,

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Aimerobert,

Thanks for the information. Please, what about rents outside city centre without furniture for one bedroom.

Thanks

Hello dear,

Probably you can get it between 70$ and 100$/month even in kigali it all depends on a location .

Good day sir, please can have your phone number so I can contact you for more info.

Hi Takyiebenezer98

My number -  353 899630305

Thanks
Nkemakolam Uche