Menu
Expat.com

How to register the birth of baby

Last activity 24 May 2012 by Rob87

vicci0606

Hi all,
on 2nd of july, i had a baby girl at hung vuong hospital in dist 5. i am indian and my wife is vietnamese. i want to know the procedure to register the birth of my daughter. we got married in singapore and i have already legalised the marriage certificate in vietnam. regarding the nationality of the baby, we have decided to have her vietnamese nationality.

nancy.doan

You only need to bring the certificate of marriage, certificate of birth (the hospital will issue right at the check out date), your wife's book of residence (every Vietnamese must register their residence) or family record book. You better ask someone in your wife's family to help doing it (mother/father), bring his/her ID card. Then go to the People's Committee where your wife registered her residence, and ask for procedures to register the birth of baby. The officers there will give a form to fill in. After that, they will give you a piece of paper with a date of received on it. On that date, just come to get the certification.
Besides, they may ask you how many copies of the certification you may want. It's up to you to decide, I got 10. Good luck to the mommy and the baby.

vicci0606

thanks nancy. it was simple and clear. but i am worried that the whole procedure is not as simple as you have written smile.png (based on my previous experiences big_smile.png)

btrivo
vicci0606 wrote:

thanks nancy. it was simple and clear. but i am worried that the whole procedure is not as simple as you have written smile.png (based on my previous experiences big_smile.png)

Yes it is . sad.png

nancy.doan
vicci0606 wrote:

Or maybe I was lucky. I took procedures for about 30 minutes, and then got the certificate one week later. Anyway, good luck smile.png

Bazhvic

Congratulaions on the birth of your daughter Vicci smile.png
Nancy.Doan, if I may ask your advice on this also?
I am Australian, my Vietnamese girlfriend is due to give birth here in about 6 weeks. As we have no marriage certificate, I am wondering what our options are regarding the registration of the baby's birth.
I really have no idea on the procedure.
Thanks
Baz

vicci0606

@Nancy, I heard from one of my colleagues that i need to sign a letter stating that i have no problem in my daughter getting the vietnamese nationality. do you know anything about this?

nancy.doan

@Vicci0606: I guess that is a part of procedures. Anyway, if you and your wife both decided to choose the Vietnamese nationality for your little girl, what does hesitate you to sign in that letter? big_smile.png
@Baz: I'm sorry that I don't know about this situation either. In this case, you may ask your girlfriend to go to the People's Committee of her residence and ask about the procedures. Good luck and congratulation on your new baby smile.png

minh_vn

Congratulations on your good news about the birth of your baby, Vicci0606. You have succeeded in registering the birth of your baby, haven't you? I hope so. When you have adequate documents as required, you won't have difficulty in doing this. I found it easy to do this for my 2 babies last times. Still, I think there might be a little bit more requirement for your situation because it relates to foreigner element. Anyway, I hope it didn't challenge you so much. I would be happy if you can share this.
Congratulations again to you and your wife for becoming parents of a lovely child. I love babies and I think that becoming a parent is the most wonderful thing in life.
Wishing best things come to you and your family, especially your cute baby.
Regards,
Minh

minh_vn

Bazhvic, I also would like to hear good news from you about the birth of your baby. Did you get any problem in registering the certificate of your baby's birth?
Regards,
Minh

Rob87

I'm filipino with a vietnamese wife is give birth last month. And we have no marriage certificate, i want my daughter birth certificate whose name should bear my last name

I really have no idea on the paper procedure, please let me know or advice

Best regards,
Rob

Rob87

sapphire, thanks for advise. my daughter born in HCMC anyway i talk to my ba xa to verify the procedure in the department of justice.

Best regards,
Rob87

Articles to help you in your expat project in Ho Chi Minh City

All of Ho Chi Minh City's guide articles