Menu
Expat.com

EP was in progress more than 45 days CASE ID & STVP expiring on June 4

Last activity 17 August 2021 by Shekhz

vikramtallapalli

Hello Team,

This is Vikram (Indian). Been in Singapore since March 6th, 2020. Came here with EP through NTT DATA Singapore pte ltd in march 6th 2020. I am on EP currently it has been cancelled with NTT due to EP quota Issue since even my client ready to extend. (First job in Singapore) as an bigdata Engineer. Recently I got a new job opportunity as data Engineer in Singapore VISA Company. The new employer applied for Ep on Apr 16th 2021 (Don't know what affect the process?) and its been like more than 45 days now - still it is in "Pending" status. I am really worried if it would get rejected as my current Ep was approved very soon (in like 2 or 3 days). Please advise. I had sent all the documents from my side which includes my convocation certificate and marksheets, Bachelors degree and mark sheets, passport details, and current EP scan. I am not sure if I had missed anything else here. I need to leave from Singapore before 4th June. I will have to be on social visit visa which is valid for 30 days is going to complete on June 4th. I have requested MOM to extend my STV pass for 2 weeks on 1st monday, June Since MOM rule we shouldn't request before more than 7 days. They were telling that it will take 7 days to approve/reject/take decision. But My STVP expires on 4th June, 2021 What I can do in this pandemic  situation, No flits to Chennai, India before June 4th. my new EP was still in progress. What is my next step. My new employer was created CASE ID on 1st June, 2021 when it gets resolved.

Please advise or let me know if I had missed anything in docs. I am pretty sure there is no spell errors in the form.
Really in a worried state now.

Please advise. Any one in the same situation as me who had their EP applied in April 16th, 2021 (on/before/after 4th June 2021) and got it approved or in pending status?

Please let anyone advice on this. your perfect answers are more precious for me.

Thanks,
Vikram

Poseypoo

Hi Vikram! I'm in the same boat - my EP was applied on the same day (16 Apr) but more company info was requested so an appeal was made on 27 Apr. Right now mine hasn't been approved either. I'll update you when I get my results - please share yours too!

vikramtallapalli

But Did they created any case ID for your application? They have created CASE ID for me on 1st June.

Poseypoo

I'm not sure what that is - is it something I can check online?

I don't have that information on the EP online website

Shekhz

You will spot a lot of thread here which clearly outline that the normal processing time for EP is 8+ weeks, I’d reckon wait for a few days and then if there is still no update, have your submitter follow up with MoM directly.

vikramtallapalli

Hello
You have to check with new employer to request case ID to MOM. CASE ID will be having validity of max 7 days from the creation. MOM may resolve the issues quickly itseems and release the outcome like wise I got the info from new employer also from MOM. Still even not sure about the outcome since it was still pending for me almost crossing total 50 days now (CASE ID 3rd day)
If I got any feedback I will share here

Thanks
Vikram

rg1988

Hi Team,

I have been working in Singapore from 2015, My EP application rejected on April 23rd and my employer made an appeal, but still it is showing rejected and not sure reason for the delay, the new appeal is almost crossed 5+ weeks.
In SAT tool I could see my university listed. Do I need to engage verification from dataflow before mom comes and ask to do it, this is just to save time I am thinking or I better wait for MOM outcome?

My university is JNTU Hyderabad. Most of the engineering graduates come from this university in southern part of India,  Andhra Pradesh and Telangana states.

Anyone can help with leads or info what to do next ?

Thanks
Raghu

GuestPoster1144
vikramtallapalli wrote:

Hello Team,

This is Vikram (Indian). Been in Singapore since March 6th, 2020. Came here with EP through NTT DATA Singapore pte ltd in march 6th 2020. I am on EP currently it has been cancelled with NTT due to EP quota Issue since even my client ready to extend. (First job in Singapore) as an bigdata Engineer. Recently I got a new job opportunity as data Engineer in Singapore VISA Company. The new employer applied for Ep on Apr 16th 2021 (Don't know what affect the process?) and its been like more than 45 days now - still it is in "Pending" status. I am really worried if it would get rejected as my current Ep was approved very soon (in like 2 or 3 days). Please advise. I had sent all the documents from my side which includes my convocation certificate and marksheets, Bachelors degree and mark sheets, passport details, and current EP scan. I am not sure if I had missed anything else here. I need to leave from Singapore before 4th June. I will have to be on social visit visa which is valid for 30 days is going to complete on June 4th. I have requested MOM to extend my STV pass for 2 weeks on 1st monday, June Since MOM rule we shouldn't request before more than 7 days. They were telling that it will take 7 days to approve/reject/take decision. But My STVP expires on 4th June, 2021 What I can do in this pandemic  situation, No flits to Chennai, India before June 4th. my new EP was still in progress. What is my next step. My new employer was created CASE ID on 1st June, 2021 when it gets resolved.

Please advise or let me know if I had missed anything in docs. I am pretty sure there is no spell errors in the form.
Really in a worried state now.

Please advise. Any one in the same situation as me who had their EP applied in April 16th, 2021 (on/before/after 4th June 2021) and got it approved or in pending status?

Please let anyone advice on this. your perfect answers are more precious for me.

Thanks,
Vikram

Hi Vikram,

Mine was also applied on 15 Apr and it’s still pending. I’m moving from one local bank to one international bank.
Anxiously waiting.
On the other hand one of my friend’s EP was applied on 10 April and got it approved on 27 may.

VNRR

Hey guys,
New EP: 16/04
Rejected: 29/04 (NO reason was stated by employer)
Reappeal: 05/05
    Employer asked the following Tax documents, Bank statement, salary slip. Said they wrote a recommendation letter as well
Pending....

Edu background:
I did my post graduation in NUS, So I have not gone thru vetting process.

This is my 3rd employer in my 9 years in Singapore.
My salary jump is high (50%)

I have been checking with employer, the say no info from MOM.
Today I called MOM, they say we cant reveal the status of reappeal and gave me a caseID and asked my employer to reach out to them using the caseid provided.
Is it okay to inform employer that I have reached out to mom and provide the case id?

Bcaz of this delay I am forced to reject other offers. sad.png

vikramtallapalli

Hello Guys,

I'm very happy to announce that my EP got approved on June 7th(applied on Apr 16th) after many struggles. My consultancy created Case ID last Monday(1st June) and Education verification on last Thursday(4th June). and finally got approved. Thankyou all for your guidance and support, and all the best for all for your EP process to get approval soon, I hope everyone get approval very soon. Thanks Dephi for your answers to me while processing and taking good steps.

Thanks
Vikram Reddy

Poseypoo

Congratulations Vikram!

Mine got rejected last Friday. I called the MOM and they actually told me the reason - it's something to do with the company's problems. It's a shame that I waited all these months just to be turned down and it wasn't even my fault... Oh well I guess job hunting restarts all over again.

All the best for your journey smile.png

vikramtallapalli

Hello Poseypoo

Thank you very much. Please check the consultancy background check before going to apply EP or SP. That will save lot of time

Thanks

Poseypoo

Thanks for your reply! I didn't know we can background check companies. Could you point me to where I can check it please? smile.png

vikramtallapalli

Can you please call me to ***

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : For security reasons, do not post your contact details on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
GuestPoster1144

does anyone know what is case number here

Shekhz

Rishi: Your application submitter needs to check with MoM on the case number.

kaushikpal12

Hi Vikram what is a CASE ID can you advice how you obtained one

vikramtallapalli

Hello,
My EP applied on Apr16th, after 4 weeks they got few queries, after 3 weeks still got queries. After (4+3)7 weeks my consultancy created Case ID on 1st June and Education verification on 4th June. and finally got approved on June 7th since got confirmation from MOM that once Case ID created validity is 7 days it must be give outcome if consultancy submit all the documents what MOM expected. If not they may reject. Better on daily basis need to followup with consultancy guys.
Thankyou

minal91

Hi,

Case Id created 2 times for EP pending 2 weeks back as per agency , In how many days can expect response.

vikramtallapalli

If it is not rejected yet means it's a good sign for approval. You may get your approval soon. And you can get your Case ID from your consultancy. Try it and also did you finished your education verification from RMI- Mom portal???? It's is very important now a days.

minal91

yes finished verification and appealed again

kaushikpal12

Minal and Vikram still not clear to me how can I have a Case Id created
Please advise thanks
Does the employer/ consultant need to write to MOM or we need to

beppi
kaushikpal12 wrote:

Does the employer/ consultant need to write to MOM or we need to

The employer is the applicant for your work pass, so only they can initiate any official communication with MoM. If they have engaged an agent to deal with this, the agent can do that on their behalf.

minal91

Hi guys , Finally I can see EP renewal approved after more than 45 days.
Thanks all for your guidance and support.

When I check my expiry date on EP online , It is not renewed , Will it be updated after current EP expire ?

kaushikpal12

Congratulations,Mine also got approved
if it is a renewal which I assume is next you will receive in-principle approval letter
https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permi … new-a-pass

pawanadi2004

Hi Vikram

May I know what did you do when your STVP was about to expire on 4th june. Since your EP was approved only on 7th June, what did you do for an extension?

kaushikpal12

Two aspects are important to decide the course of action.
(1) How or through whom you obtained the STVP
(2) Plausible reason for extension

You may get an answer in below two places

https://form.gov.sg/#!/5f1803c2adf7da00122fc34ehttps://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=930381

Indrajith Ramaraj

My agent appealed my rejected EPASS on MAY - 06 -2021...

Reason for rejection : they asked for some Supporting docs. Like CPF (from the company)
Appeal is still pending...
How long should I wait for the result..??

As on date it's almost 8 weeks (55 days)

Shekhz

Indrajith: Appeals don’t usually take that long, could you have your application submitter (Agency or HR), follow up with MoM?

Indrajith Ramaraj

Shekhz : The status is still pending as my agent checked yesterday with my employer's MOM login...

But they didn't done a follow up with MoM regards this...

Feb2Oct

How to get this verification done Vikram? Is it mandatory for all new EP applicants ?

Shekhz
Indrajith Ramaraj wrote:

Shekhz : The status is still pending as my agent checked yesterday with my employer's MOM login...

But they didn't done a follow up with MoM regards this...

They must do it, often if all is well, you get an approval the same day or over the next few days.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

• Expat deaths in Singapore
    Expat deaths in Singapore

It's hard to face, but there comes a time when we must end our time on Earth. While we can't predict when ...

• Banking in Singapore
    Banking in Singapore

Singapore offers a wide range of personal banking services and has a complete offering of international banking ...

All of Singapore's guide articles