Menu
Expat.com

Can a Huroob request his end of service benefit?

Last activity 27 June 2021 by snah

realfree

Hi,

I worked for a university between 2009-2014 in KSA and left with intention to return. But I could not return and my employer knew my situation and he understood the circumstances. I had a lot of correspondence with him. I have no debt or any other problem.
I don't know if the university reported me as huroob but later on in 2019 I worked for another university in another city in KSA due to covid I could not return again.
My question is by making someone a representative through notary channel and after getting all signatures from embassy too, can I request my end of service benefit through another person?
a. Am I eligible for such a request in terms of the legal dimension?
b. Even if I am eligible, what would be the best method to make such a request and steps to follow?

Thanks.

Fahad_Da

Yes you can have some to represent you in court while you are not in the country by having international power of attorney.

But the issue you have here, is that the employment relationship had passed one year, which the court will not hear unless you have a highly strong reasons for not submit your claim with time limit.

Fahad
A lawyer.

realfree

Dear Fahad,

I really appreciate for your answer. To be honest I don't have a strong reason. Rather than that, I had no intention not to return. Every year something has happened and I just could not return. I was assuming and expecting to return as I loved working there. Meanwhile, I also did not know that there is 1 year rule for applying the court sad.png
My question is also little bit related with the university. If I directly approach them through international power of attorney, can they proceed my application or just reject because of the time lag in my application?

Fahad_Da

It’s for the court to measure the reasons and it’s validity to hear your case.

More details of your case has to be discussed, you can contact me to arrange a meeting.

Allain Isidro

Dear Fahd,

can I contact you for some legal questions can you help us to represent in labor Court to appeal a huroob case

thanks for your response.

Allain

Fahad_Da

Haroob Report has nothing to do with labour court. Haroob is an administrative decision made by the ministry, therefore it’s for you to appeal in the ministry first if not then to administrative court (BoG).

daniczdcm

I've e been in a small dental clinic for more than 7years. And my contract will about to end this coming August. But I am still hoping my boss will give me End of service benefits. Even though from the previous staff who left they never gave any of them. Reason? Coz she she we already have vacation pay every 2 years. Lot of people adviced me to complain however, I just don't have the guts coz the clinic is very small and economically not stable.

Arsal7
daniczdcm wrote:

I've e been in a small dental clinic for more than 7years. And my contract will about to end this coming August. But I am still hoping my boss will give me End of service benefits. Even though from the previous staff who left they never gave any of them. Reason? Coz she she we already have vacation pay every 2 years. Lot of people adviced me to complain however, I just don't have the guts coz the clinic is very small and economically not stable.

It is totally up to you.
Report her or just let it go.
If you have some solid proof, then go for it.
Otherwise, don't do that.

Fahad_Da

EOS is a solid right that is non arguable and court will deliver it’s judgement to enforce the employer to pay EOS, no need for proof. end of employment relationship is what you need to submit.

den evaldez

Good day to all! I just want to ask for help. I’m on my 2nd month probation period and I am planning to resign. Based on the contract that I signed I am allowed to terminate the agreement on a 7 days notice if I am still under 90 days trial period. It also stated that if the contract is terminated under this period the employee is not entitled to any compensation or end of service award, which is totally fine with me. In addition to that, according to the article 54 of Saudi Labor Law no party is entitled to any compensation if the contract is terminated during probationary period. And based on my research, as per article 40 of Saudi Labor Law, if the contract will be terminated by the employee under probation he/she will incur the cost of processing the final exit fee and air fare.

Now my concern is should I trust the contract that I made with the company and the amendment of the Saudi Labor Law or should I prepare myself for any penalties my company might charge me upon my resignation? If in any case they will ask me to pay for penalties, will that include my plane ticket going here, the processing of my iqama and also my visa? Take note that upon entering here I already paid for processing fee and placement fee(which was equivalent to my 1 month salary here in saudi) to my agency back in the Philippines

snah

Sir Fahad,

For example, i had still balanced a loan from a bank but due to my age limit my company terminated my contract and issue me an exit VISA and cant find any job here again is there possible circumstances ? Or making a problem with me?

Appreciate your kind advise.

Thanks 😇

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

• Starting a business in Saudi Arabia
    Starting a business in Saudi Arabia

With Saudi businesses increasing by 16 percent in the final quarter of 2023 and a 23% increase in commercial ...

• Working in Saudi Arabia
    Working in Saudi Arabia

Finding a job in Saudi Arabia is mostly done before entering the country. Employment visas are still the most ...

• Working in Jubail
    Working in Jubail

Jubail is a city in the eastern province of Saudi Arabia, and it has a population of around 500,000 people. It is ...

• Working in Riyadh
    Working in Riyadh

As the capital city of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh is one of the biggest urban communities in the country and is home to ...

• Working in Dammam
    Working in Dammam

Dammam, the Eastern province's capital city, is a very dynamic city in Saudi Arabia, almost as much as Khobar. ...

• Working in Jeddah
    Working in Jeddah

Jeddah is the most diverse city in Saudi Arabia. It is home to 3,75 million people and to the largest ...

• Working in Yanbu
    Working in Yanbu

Yanbu, which is found near the Red Sea, is deemed to be a port and industrial city. Situated on the ancient ...

• Internships in Saudi Arabia
    Internships in Saudi Arabia

Performing an internship in Saudi Arabia can be an interesting and enriching experience for young professionals. ...

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles