Swimming pool in Dalat

Hello,

Can someone recommend me a swimming pool in Dalat ? I would like to swim (to exercise).
I have some trouble finding something which is open (not reserved for guests or with an outrageous price), quite clean and not so crowded.

Thanks a lot in advance !

I tried my previous pool finding method in your case.   This is to scan the area in satellite mode while looking for blue rectangles.  It works in the big city but not in Dalat where many pools seem to be beneath trees, with some even indoors.  Using the Google maps search line for Ho Boi Dalat found a lot of pools but it looks like many of them are less than 20m and linked to small hotels.  One you might try is Pool and Coffee No.72.  They posted a photo of the sign showing pool rules (Nội Quy) but no photos of the pool itself so I suspect it may be kind of small.  It seems like a lot of riding around with Google maps on your phone may be your best bet.

@THIGV: thanks for the hint, but as I am quite old, I was looking for some recommendation instead of trying by myself.

I am in my 70s and new to Dalat. I depend on lap swimming for my exercise but all of the pools that I have looked at in Dalat have bathtub water temperature, too warm for lap swimming exercise. I think there must be a swimming pool for serious lap-swim training for young athletes somewhere in the city but I've been unable to find it. If anyone has a suggestion for me please let me know.

I am in my 70s and new to Dalat. I depend on lap swimming for my exercise but all of the pools that I have looked at in Dalat have bathtub water temperature, too warm for lap swimming exercise. I think there must be a swimming pool for serious lap-swim training for young athletes somewhere in the city but I've been unable to find it. If anyone has a suggestion for me please let me know.
-@glenrose88

Hello glenrose88, and welcome to expat.com! Thank you for your first post.

I was hoping that any member(s) familiar with Dalat swim facilities would be able to answer your question. I'm sorry I can't make any specific suggestions. Have you tried reaching out to the municipal gov't offices? You could try "Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism of Lam Dong Province"(link) (phone# 04 263 382 2141).

With a population in Dalat of only ~250K, a facility suitable to your needs may not be found there. I hope I'm wrong.

When you have time please let us know of your experience with this. We would certainly appreciate it, and your feedback/tips/observations will help others.

Again, welcome aboard and hope to hear from you again soon.

-@glenrose88

Have you considered that if a pool in Dalat was unheated, it would be mid-afternoon before it warmed up enough for anyone to get into it without turning blue?  The two pools where I swam near my home in HCM would have been fine for competitive training but as far as I know had no team training on the daily calendars.  In fact, one of them was at a youth facility.  Although competitive swimming must exist in some places, you may be up against a cultural obstacle.   I would bet that one could find a football (soccer) pitch in Dalat without too much difficulty.

@Aidan in HCMC

Hi, Thank you for your message back. Thank for tour response and and let you know if I have any luck finding a serious athletic pool.

@THIGV

Ha! You are definitely right about that, especially when the cold season hits. But the object with heating a pool, which is expensive, is to put the temperature right for swimming, not for bathing! When frolickers start having fun their bodies will warm up quickly but the first dip in makes them shriek with complaints and don't move around to get warm. Elsewhere big gyms and spas with swimming pools also frequently have a warm water pool for therapy movement. But, ....this isn't "elsewhere."

I see in the comments section where hotels have pools that the customers rave about the warm "swimming " pools. What they really want is a jacuzzi hot tub to lounge in. Of course, the hotels accommodate with hot pools for them. The thing is, there are lots of people who swim for exercise, young and old. Dalat's main swim center doesn't have any awareness of the concept. Frustrating for me. I guess I will stick to walking in the meantime and there are plenty of interesting places for such here.