Shipping Via Luciano's

I have read so many poor reviews about theft with this company,.
who are people using to send personal boxes etc, it seems to be cheaper than putting them on the airlines. Any help and direction would be appreciated

Welcome to the forums. 

I've never heard of this company.  Maybe use one of the bigger well known ones.  Mailbox Etc, CPS, BM Cargo come to mind.

Ive heard mailbox etc from locals, do they do 50 lb boxes? Im guessing so

Yes - I don't know about Mail Boxes, Etc., but CPS has cheaper rates based on weight, so the heavier the package, the lower the per pound rate. Check their websites for rates.

Exactly.  Go into the local office and ask the question or go online.  Some of the offices have lower rates for higher weight but also check on box dimensions. Sometimes it matters.

You need a 'Mudanza'.....
in NYC I use Awilda..... about $30 for 3x3x3 box -- delivered to your door

(713) 417-8199
we have being using quisquella global for shipping 30x30x30 boxes with anything that fits as long as it is legal stuff for 100 door to door, ot is a dominican company in houaton but i believe they have offices in the east coast
excellent service and no problems whatsoever
they even take a sac of beans or rice for free for every box or a bottle of oil, (3.5 or 5 gal can not recall)
we have sent  9 boxes and our friends many boxes as well with no problems ever.
if you call just ask for owner, will provide her name when wife is out of work lol
god bless ur day

Thanks Oscar very much. John

Why would anybody bother shipping beans rice and oil?  It's incredible.

is not for us, for my wife' s family, bot everyone has the means to buy hulk lile we do here!

At what net discount do you claim to get shipping that stuff in?

Import costs are incl in the price

I have sent fridges, stoves, BBQs, lawn mowers......

It may not be all about money either. It may be knowing that a family has food on the table.  Sometimes there is fear of sending money and it not being used for basics.   ANd often there are a lot of  other things in the packages besides basic foods.

You can already buy 100lb sacks of rice, 5 gallon jugs of cooking oil, etc. In bulk from wholesalers. It's a weird form of charity to ship from overseas.

correct, we send clothes, food etc in the boxes the oil or rice is ftree part of the shipping of boxes, its worth it for us to send to family, dpor to door service ! those boxes are heavy by the time we are done lol
it works for us
once we move i will get price mark membership and get mostof the bulk stuff.
i kmow i can get most of my stuuf at carrefour for my taste buds lol

Hi there , does this company ship household items from Canada as well ? If not anyone knows reliable shipper who can do Canada to DR ? Thank you

Canada 
Peralta Bros - Toronto & Montreal

Toronto area - Amigo shipping.  PM me for information.

Please send shipping info from Canada. Not sure my earlier msg was sent to you. New to the forum. Thanks!

Billy: I sent you a private message.  Check your messages...

Don't know if you have the answers needed but here's more info if you do not have on a different company. It is HWDENA CARGO SHIPPING  514-662-9592/357-222-7342 OR 403-616-2102. Western customers get their goods shipped via Vancouver; eastern Canadia is vai Montreal. They have anumber for Toronto as well. THey ship the barrels as well as entire household goods. My sister-in-law (living in Red Deer AB is shipping ALL her furniture when is ready to go back to the DR.  In Alberta, at least, one of the owners and her husband, who are from Moca in the DR, comes with the truck to inspect the goods being shipped when they are being gathered for being put on the trains to go to the port. When the ship arrives in the DR, SHE is there to meet and pass the shipment through Customs to ensure the SAFE arrival and then goes with the delivery truck to complete the door to door delivery. Ihave not asked the cost of shipping anything other than blue barrels 0 which the cost was $300 for the first barrel and #260 for each of the next four.  I do not know how they operate in Ont but other than my shipment being delayed getting to Vancouver due to the fires in BC, I am super pleased with this door to door service adn my sister-in-law is sold on the low cost she says for shipping household goods when the time comes. Not sure what breaks DR citizens get on Customs fees when doing so but shipping fees cover ALL costs - customs included....

Great information! Thank you so much.

Thanks so much Mike!