Menu
Expat.com

Finding a job in Saudi Arabia during the pandemic

Last activity 27 November 2023 by Bhavna

Diksha

Hi everyone,

Looking for a job in Saudi Arabia is not something you can take lightly, especially now. If you found a new job in Saudi Arabia during the pandemic or if you are currently searching for one, we would like to know how it went.

How did you go about it? Which job board do you recommend? Did you use a headhunter?
In which sector did you find a job?

Did you train in order to find a new position? If so, which training course(s) did you follow and why?

What about your package? How does it compare with your previous jobs and are you satisfied with it?

What are the most important elements to prioritise or negotiate in a package for a job in Saudi Arabia in 2021?

Thanks for your contribution!

Diksha,
Expat.com team

saqayyum2000
Diksha wrote:

Hi everyone,

Looking for a job in Saudi Arabia is not something you can take lightly, especially now. If you found a new job in Saudi Arabia during the pandemic or if you are currently searching for one, we would like to know how it went.

How did you go about it? Which job board do you recommend? Did you use a headhunter?
In which sector did you find a job?

Did you train in order to find a new position? If so, which training course(s) did you follow and why?

What about your package? How does it compare with your previous jobs and are you satisfied with it?

What are the most important elements to prioritise or negotiate in a package for a job in Saudi Arabia in 2021?

Thanks for your contribution!

Diksha,
Expat.com team

HI Diksha ;

Yes you are right working in Saudi Arabia is totally different from any other country in the world. I have worked nearly in all GCC countries but Saudi Arabia required load of patience in expat, if you dont have patience you can not survive here, and yes i resigned my job during pandemic stayed in riyadh and search for  job  for 7 months, which was really a tough time.

in start i was not worried as i was getting positive response and lots of interview calls, i was flying in air that i have take  the correct decision and I am getting much more better offers. Interviews always goes well and gets high hopes but when you follow up I get response same as always Under and Subjected to Management approvals.

I register myself to many sites and even i paid 100$ for a fake recruitment company from India who found me on one job board by sending fake documents and giving me false promises. SO beware of that , it happened when person is looking for job. But one day i get a call from recruitment company who used to hire executives for companies. It was hard to believe on them first but they mentioned clearly they will not charge me anything, they arrange my interview and after 2 days they confirm my job and then the company who took my interview comes in direct contact and did the transfer and now I am in same company as direct employee.

I used LinkedIn the most and BAYT, but recruiting agency was Propel Consultant who who hiring in Saudi Aabia , Bahrain , Qatar and Ireland as well, and yes they do give you kind of small on call interview training as well, and they do good negotiation with hiring company for salary and benefits. I get offer of 35% more then my last company due their negotiation.

For me most important thing to negotiate is salary in detail that how much basic and housing and transportation besides this if you have mobile allowance or any other thing that must be mention clearly in your contract, Second important thing is when you are transferring discuss and add in contract that transfer fee will paid by company , usually company accept to pay half after second transfer as fees increases after each transfer. Second important thing work timings must be mentioned clearly.  also read the clause of resignation and termination by company carefully if they mention as per labor law accept it but if they mention their own things or mention As per labor law OR AS PER COMPANY POLICY then force them to correct it as SAUDI LABOR LAW only or read the policy of company also. I always tell everyone before signing take a day time read your contract many times ready and accept it. All commitment which has been made usually interview time or hiring time are all becomes void if it is not in mention in your contract..

So thats all folk, just learn how to remain calm , and positive and keep your patience level always up and high. This will help alot. 

Thanks
Syed

mohammednaeem

Good Day,

I am fully in favor of you, due to the Pandemic job market is highly effected but in the same time please allow me to say specially in Saudi Arabia God blessed things are still manageable and well doing.

Adilmoinuddin

Hi,
Hope the readers are good and I pray that world will be a better place to live going forward. Since the inception of Pandemic things were horrible from staying home during the lockdown, isolations, fear for contacting Corona and hearing of deaths of the loved ones. I am thankful to the almighty that things are getting slowly to normalcy and better.

The expat community has been the most affected staying back without any vacation since 2 years with minimum socializing and lot of work and mental pressure. During my 14 years of work experience right now I am going through the worst phase of my life as I did not get time to relax and refresh my self which is effecting me mentally and psychologically. I am currently working as a Branch Manager / Business Development Manager / Sales & Operations Manager & Admin Manager all at the same time I know it may sound weird but this is the condition of my work due to shortage of staff I am stuck up.

I am looking for a change in my job but nothing fruitful has come my way as I think the recruitment process is not in full swing though I had been applying but in my opinion here it does not work that way. For any Job you need to have good wasta (reference) to my surprise there are no recruitment agencies here which takes you through the complete job process. I do get calls and lots of email regarding the openings but when answered there will be no response.

Keeping the fingers crossed with a positive frame of mind and expecting things to normalize soon.

Wish you all the very best in life and good future ahead.

Thanks.

Adil Moinuddin

XTang

I changed jobs early in 2021.  Got approached by a recruitment firm and got a salary / benefits jump.  But then again, I am at the C level in Finance and there is a shortage in the market of experienced professionals at that level i.e. people who have led billion dollar businesses, multinational and public company background.

hatemrammal

Linkedin and job board like Bayt and Indeed.

tauseef0347

@saqayyum2000 How did you managed to stay in KSA for 7 months. As per my knowledge you need a job in order to stay in KSA.

saqayyum2000
tauseef0347 wrote:

@saqayyum2000 How did you managed to stay in KSA for 7 months. As per my knowledge you need a job in order to stay in KSA.

Yes many people asked me that, as i always says keep good contacts with HR bcuz in last when there is no one can help you in Saudia only HR can. So i asked them a favor to renew my iqama on my cost for which they charge me 10500/- Riyal from my EOSB which is a cost of iqama renewal which company paid for each employee, and give me three months to transfer, for that i give them in writing if company found that i am omitting any illegal activity company will have full rights to take any action against me. Basically these letters are prepared to show it to TOP management. During all this time period i was in contact with these people and keep my good terms and keep updating about offers i am receiving. So once i get offer of my choice i go through QIWA process and completed my transfer.

nirajchoubey1989

Yes

anwarshareef976

@Adilmoinuddin

Assalamualaikum adil, Majid this side, i think you remember me, i was your room mate in burdbai, currently iam in Saudi, pls contact me or send me your mobile number

Bhavna

@anwarshareef976]

Hello, click on his photo and choose the send a message option.

Regards

Bhavna

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

• Starting a business in Saudi Arabia
    Starting a business in Saudi Arabia

With Saudi businesses increasing by 16 percent in the final quarter of 2023 and a 23% increase in commercial ...

• Working in Saudi Arabia
    Working in Saudi Arabia

Finding a job in Saudi Arabia is mostly done before entering the country. Employment visas are still the most ...

• Working in Jubail
    Working in Jubail

Jubail is a city in the eastern province of Saudi Arabia, and it has a population of around 500,000 people. It is ...

• Working in Riyadh
    Working in Riyadh

As the capital city of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh is one of the biggest urban communities in the country and is home to ...

• Working in Dammam
    Working in Dammam

Dammam, the Eastern province's capital city, is a very dynamic city in Saudi Arabia, almost as much as Khobar. ...

• Working in Jeddah
    Working in Jeddah

Jeddah is the most diverse city in Saudi Arabia. It is home to 3,75 million people and to the largest ...

• Working in Yanbu
    Working in Yanbu

Yanbu, which is found near the Red Sea, is deemed to be a port and industrial city. Situated on the ancient ...

• Internships in Saudi Arabia
    Internships in Saudi Arabia

Performing an internship in Saudi Arabia can be an interesting and enriching experience for young professionals. ...

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles