Passport Renewal

Hello, I am sending my passport for renewal to UK, it will take more then 10 weeks. I have been in the Philippines for 3 years on 2 months  visa extensions. What happens when my passport does not arrive in time for visa.

As far as I am aware you will pay for penalty of late visa which I think is 1000 pesos per month 
  However the issue is staying within PH on a tourist visa  beyond a 3 year  You may require an exception as we all know very few places to travel to plus you would not be allowed back in from your tourist visa run

Thank you Niel.

neil62 wrote:

As far as I am aware you will pay for penalty of late visa which I think is 1000 pesos per month 
  However the issue is staying within PH on a tourist visa  beyond a 3 year  You may require an exception as we all know very few places to travel to plus you would not be allowed back in from your tourist visa run

I don't really know but I think if you have a good scan or photocopy of both your passport main page and also your last entry visa stamp I think that normally they would give you a renewal visa. For that it would probably be a good idea also to have a DHL receipt showing you have sent your passport to the UK passport office, I think the real problem for you will be to do with exceeding the 36 months which is what I am currently dealing with. The process for dealing  that is called "Motion to Re-Consider" and from what I am led to believe, you may be issued an extra 2 months visa at a cost of around P30K.

Thank you very much for the information.

No need to get UK passport renewed in the UK you can renew at the UK embassy in Manila

At least in Sweden its posible to get a SECOND passport, so why need to send in the only passport you have to UK?

Others have told at passport expirers with not expired visa in the old, they have solved it by bringing both when they need to show visa later.

Permission for two passports is only allowed if required for a job and a comoany letterhead is required when your occupation and travel requires sending original passport to certain countries for visa stamp before travel   I have had two passports in the past but the issue is of normal online renewal and visa process here  which I believe was answered earlier  by Findlay

I was not aware that British embassy is renewing passports anymore at Manila as I was under impression this was stopped and only produces emergency travel,docs not renewals

simonjduffy wrote:

No need to get UK passport renewed in the UK you can renew at the UK embassy in Manila

There was a time when that was possible, but not any more. It has to be renewed in the UK, I had to renew mine in late 2018 and I actually contacted the British Embassy at the time because I assumed that I could go to Manila and renew it.

I think you must leave after 36 months than return and start over

I don't know about the UK but the American Embassy can issue an emergency passport it cost more, but is possible, contact your embassy I am sure they can help you

British Embassy can only issue an emergency travel document if your passport has been lost, stolen or destroyed in some other way.

If you have not sent your passport to uk already ,check out vfs they have  offices in manila and cebu ,it takes less than a month ,I used them in bali .

Thank you