Menu
Expat.com

EP Application Processing Time August 2021

Last activity 15 October 2021 by Shekhz

sgexpat311

Hi,

Firstly, this forum has been quite helpful, thank you everyone for the info on here.

My question is regarding an EP application, and I understand that the only thing to do is wait. But I thought it would be good to share it here for reference and if anyone has any comments/experiences like this, I can understand what to expect out of this.

I arrived in SG in May as I had an internal transfer from my firm's office in India. I'd been looking for other jobs in SG for a change in career direction. I managed to get an offer from a good firm in the month of July after a month long process. They applied for my EP in 1st week of August.

Since then, there has been no update from the MOM. It's the 9th week running now and I'm confused about what to expect. I keep checking with the HR at my new firm and they say that they have not heard anything from MOM. The company is headquartered in SG and has a good reputation too.  I tried calling the MOM hotline but they said that my new company should reach out to MOM for an update.

From other posts here, I have heard that if there's any issues in salary or credentials, MOM sends a rejecting within 2-3 weeks and then the appeal might take long. However, in my case, there's been no update so far ( eponline status is "Pending" since the last 5 weeks, didn't know about the platform before that so didn't check)

If anyone has any advice or suggestions for this please let me know.

Shekhz

Have your company call MoM, request them to speak with the case officer to expedite the approval. After 8 weeks, you sure can do so as a request.

MoM doesn’t entertain applicants directly, so refrain from chasing them yourself.

The usual processing time as stipulated by MoM is up to 8 weeks- for your kind reference.

pwintphyumaungverinica

Hi Anyone

Just want to know.
Appeal more than 6 weeks and I chased employer.
I chased on 3rd week of appeal and MOM said wait 3 weeks again. I chased on 6th week again and employer said nothing to but just to wait only. Now I chased again since 42 days (6weeks) over from my appeal, the employer never reply and pick up my phone( so irresponsible HR)
Even I tried other offer but new company cannot give 5.6K salary since my experience is only 3 yrs junior level network engineer.
My MOE bond also will be completed end of October.
So if I cannot get job within this month, I should only stick with my old company with this low salary unless new employer offer 5.6K.
So I decided to stay with old company and is it ok to just ask to withdrawal this appeal?
Will it be negatively impact for my future career( Total waiting time for EP application now is two and half months alrdy) so I should ask for withdrawal?

Shekhz

What would you fetch by withdrawing your application? You don’t have another offer at hand- if you had one, would have made sense to withdraw and pursue the other one since this one is like a mystery in the literal sense.

Wait for the outcome, you anyways have a job at hand where you are employed. If this one comes through, you can move accordingly.

pwintphyumaungverinica

I see noted.
No other go just wait only ;(

sgexpat311

Okay, sure. I think they have tried to get in contact with MoM and asked them to expedite already but will confirm if this has happened now since it's past 8 weeks.

Understood, I had my suspicions about trying to get any info directly anyways but I thought it was worth a shot.

Regarding the 8 week timeline, the MoM website says it's 3 weeks for companies in SG (https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permi … for-a-pass) Maybe this is more of a guideline I guess.

I will just wait for an update. Meanwhile I wanted to know are there other similar cases that have taken this long recently ? What's the rejection rate after such a long processing time ?

I will let the forum know my details once it's approved so that it can help anyone else in a similar situation.

Thank you!

sgexpat107

Hi @sgexpat311, thanks for sharing the experience. I'm on quite a similar boat here.

Previous pass holder for 7 years, this time I want to go back to Singapore cos it's a good opportunity for the chosen career path.

S-Pass first applied on 3 Sep as HR needs to complete the 1-month job post in local portal, 2 weeks later MOM asked for justification on hiring a foreigners and HR submitted on time. After that I have not heard anything and it's currently week 6 now. For the whole time the status is Pending. Meanwhile, HR assures me that our approval chance is good.

I'm also curious to know what is the rejection rate after that kind of processing time.

sgexpat311

Hi,

Just wanted to share an update, I got my EP approved today.

Joining in a tech role in a reputed startup in SG. The entire process took 11 weeks for me. During the entire time, MOM did not ask for any further documentation and the application was showing "Pending" status on EP online.

I did not quit at my previous job before receiving this EP as advised by many people.

sgexpat107

Congratulations and thanks for the update! Wonder what does it take MOM so long to process while the whole time the status is pending..

Shekhz
sgexpat311 wrote:

Hi,

Just wanted to share an update, I got my EP approved today.

Joining in a tech role in a reputed startup in SG. The entire process took 11 weeks for me. During the entire time, MOM did not ask for any further documentation and the application was showing "Pending" status on EP online.

I did not quit at my previous job before receiving this EP as advised by many people.

Congratulations!

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

All of Singapore's guide articles