Genuine Alpaca Products

Hola fellow expats,

Was wondering if anyone can recommend a good place to buy genuine alpaca clothes for men? I know of the All Things Alpaca. I bought a few things from them last September when I was here (scarf, gloves, hat). They're a great store, but their men's selections is pretty limited. Was wondering if there are any other clothing stores that sell genuine alpaca clothes. I'm specifically looking for a men's sweater.

davlovsky wrote:

I know of the All Things Alpaca. I bought a few things from them last September when I was here.

Dear Davlovsky,

Google buy alpaca clothing online and it may open a new world to you.

If you post again, you might indicate where you are now and where you live in the home country.  All Things Alpaca does not seem like it's the name of a store in South America.

cccmedia near the Ecuador-Colombia border

I'm in Cuenca and All Things Alpaca is a store here. Seems like the only one where you can be 100% sure that what they're selling is genuine. I would think that there would be more Alpaca stores, but no. The main marketplace here in Cuenca has "Alpaca" stuff but most of that I heard is fake.

I have purchased from Ecuapaca and absolutely love their clothing and blankets! Definitely give them a try. They are located in Cuenca and have a nice selection for men. Please tell Roxy that Sharyn said hola! Ecuapaca.com

Hi SLBergholt. Thanks for the tip. I went to their website, and it doesn't look like they have a storefront. I am in Cuenca right now, and don't want to order via mail (I don't even know how that would work since I'm staying in a hotel right now).

Do you know if they have a storefront? (Maybe it's just not listed on their website, IDK.)

I was staying at a hotel during my pre-retirement visit when I purchased from them. Roxy brought inventory to my hotel and even shipped them back to the US free and everything was waiting for me when I got there! I did notice, however, that their inventory for men's sweaters is not what it used to be. I saw only a couple today. But everything I purchased was exquisite! And so so soft!