Menu
Expat.com

Canadians in Belize, hello!?

Last activity 09 February 2022 by terrysnewglc

IrenaCan

Hi anyone. Can we be Friends?

lateefatmagboola

Hi,of course we can a friend but am new here.

Guest6598742

I'm not from Canada but sure, why not!

helenhmja

hi i am helen  not living in belize yet  plan to make  the move sometime after the first of the year...i own 5 ares south of corozal   building  my house  and plan to raise   calves     so let me know where you will be    helen

Brigitte B
IrenaCan wrote:

Hi anyone. Can we be Friends?

Hi Irena! Fellow Canadian here.

Hood63

Hello we are Canadian and Have a place in Belize.
Mike + Kelli

chrisanthonydesouza

Hey how are you I have been looking for Canadians who have retired or looking to retire in belize

Hood63

Well here we are. We have a place in belize that we are planning to spend some of our retirement  at. We aren't  ready to retire just yet maybe a couple more years but we try to spend a  couple months in the winter there. How about you.
Mike

terrysnewglc

Hello.
We also are planning a trip to Belize. Planning on early fall for a month. Are plans are to see if we love it as much as everyone says
If so, we are planning to come back & stay for the winter. We are thinking about moving there permanently. So the month in the fall is really a research trip.
We are looking at Corozal area
Any info you may have would be helpful for a fellow Canadian 😊
Thanks

Hood63

Sorry can't help you we live down south in stann creek on the hummingbird highway about 2 5 hours from Corozal
Mike

terrysnewglc

Thanks anyways 😊

terrysnewglc

Hello
We also are Canadian and  planning a move
Interested in the Corozal area
Planning a trip down in the early fall to check things out
Any info you could give would really be appreciated
Wondering, if we fly in & take a boat to corozal how do we get to where we are staying?
Do they take credit cards there?
If shopping in Mexico, do places deliver… ie; furniture & is there duty on those things
Thinks like that are some questions
Thanks so much Terry

terrysnewglc

Hello. Would love to be friends.
Coming to visit in the early fall
Planning on making a permanent move if we like the month
Currently live in Ontario 😊

Brigitte B
terrysnewglc wrote:

Hello
We also are Canadian and  planning a move
Interested in the Corozal area
Planning a trip down in the early fall to check things out
Any info you could give would really be appreciated
Wondering, if we fly in & take a boat to corozal how do we get to where we are staying?
Do they take credit cards there?
If shopping in Mexico, do places deliver… ie; furniture & is there duty on those things
Thinks like that are some questions
Thanks so much Terry

Credit cards are accepted.
There is duty on imports from Mexico. Not likely that Mexican places deliver. But you could probably find Belizeans that could pick up and bring to Belize.
There are lots places that sell or make great furniture in Belize, though.
You can fly from PGIA to Corozal, take a shuttle or bus, hire a driver or rent a car.

terrysnewglc

Thanks for the reply!!!
That’s awesome info😊

Articles to help you in your expat project in Belize

• Using phones in Belize
    Using phones in Belize

Belize has a national telecommunications company, Belize Telemedia, Limited, and several mobile phone companies ...

• Connecting to the internet in Belize
    Connecting to the internet in Belize

Belize enjoys decent internet coverage. Unfortunately it is slow and expensive. The country has many internet ...

• How to drive in Belize
    How to drive in Belize

In Belize, you can drive with an international driver's license, and you can often drive with a license from ...

• Where's the Beef?
    Where's the Beef?

Before visiting Belize to determine if it was a country we could permanently relocate to, we did an awful lot of ...

• Sports in Belize
    Sports in Belize

Sport has always been a part of Belizean life. Although the country does not have a lot in terms of professional ...

• Banking in Belize
    Banking in Belize

Belize was once known to be a real banking haven, a place where banking secrecy was guaranteed. The situation ...

• Childcare and education in Belize
    Childcare and education in Belize

If you are moving to Belize with your family, you likely have questions about child care and education. There are ...

• Customs in Belize
    Customs in Belize

Every country regulates what can and cannot cross its borders to prevent the spread of disease, adhere to local ...

All of Belize's guide articles