Menu
Expat.com

Single Permit Processing in 2022

Last activity 25 January 2024 by officemanik

ChandlerBing

@ismtbgy did embassy or VFS contact you regarding missing document, or accept your passport?

Meric Erdeviren

@SimCityAT i like to waste my time indeed. It’s my favorite thing to do

ismtbgy
@ChandlerBing yeah, they gave me 3 weeks to retrive the missing documents.
I have 2 weeks left to get the Residency.. And still no updates from the immigration office.. Its been 86 days.
aravindnathan
@aravindnathan

update:

WP: 04/08/2022
jacklob
Hello,

Is it possible to get a single permit with a salary of 26K euros in a year or it is below minimum legal requirement?

Thanks.
Husi123

@jacklob Hi, if you are applying as a highly-skilled worker than it is below the required threshold.

ChandlerBing

@ismtbgy I think you will get it soon. I am also waiting on mine but since May 25

BDatta754

@ChandlerBing similar here,waiting from 17th May

pkundupradeep
Hi Everyone,

After getting Annexe 46, does anyone apply for a D visa for you and your spouse together. If yes, then both get the visa together or will the visa be issued separately, and what is the timeframe for a D visa for you and your spouse?
teahida13
@pkundupradeep  hello
I have same question as you
Please if someone have information can tell us
likeaen
Yes you can apply together for visa d with your spouse , if you apply separate it is a different process. When you apply together usually you get a visa together but sometimes they send spouse visa later. Usually it take 10 days to issue visa but due to summer and business it can take longer..
teahida13

@likeaen  thank you so much, what documents need to apply for visa d (spouse)

frankendoc
Can I ask if the posts here also include European Blue Card applications? Or just highly-skilled worker applications? according to my employer the blue card processing time is shorter than the highly-skilled worker single permit so I'm wondering if thats why some folk are getting their permits in a shorter time than others here...
ismtbgy
@ChandlerBing I was hoping that for almost a month smile.png but of course, fingers crossed 🤞
I hope all of us receive our documents soon as possible smile.png
RocknRoll0904
Update…

No reply mail: 31st May
WP approval: 10th June
SP approval: 2nd Aug (but received in hand today only)
ismtbgy

@RocknRoll0904 congrats

Jenna24

@RocknRoll0904 congrats! Btw which region?

likeaen

@teahida13 there must be a list in your country visa center. I can send mine but it's in Turkish  smile.png

likeaen

@frankendoc this thread usually consist of single permit applications as I know

pkundupradeep
@frankendoc

I also have the same question.
pkundupradeep
@likeaen

Do we also need a birth certificate for a spouse visa?
frankendoc

@likeaen they are both single-permits. Just different types.

likeaen

@frankendoc ı see smile.png thanks for the information, ı thought blue card is something like green card and gives more opportunity

likeaen
@pkundupradeep yes
I found this list

Same for all countries I think or nearly same but it's better to check with visa centre before applying
pkundupradeep
Thanks, @likeaen.

This list says that marriage and birth certificates should not be older than 6 months. My both certificates are 1.5 years old. I checked with authorities in my country, and they told me these certificates couldn't be issued with a new date.

Does anyone know whether it is mandatory to have these certificates six months old?
AlexFromBelgium
Of course it is...
Even if for birth certificate it's kinda stupid... but for any official documents that you provide to a foreigner country, it must be recent. 6 to 7 months max depending on the commune.
anoopdangwal786
@anoopdangwal786

Region Flanders
Fresh Application 21/3/22
Work permit approved on 22/6/22
Waiting for RP

VFS appointment date 30th August 22

pkundupradeep
THANKS @AlexFromBelgium

My home country is India. I have asked authorities in India about the reissue of the marriage certificate, and they told me the marriage certificate couldn't be reissued with a new date. A duplicate copy can be obtained, but it would be issued with an old date. What about if I would use my marriage certificate issued with the one-year-old date but apostille within 6 months before visa application introduction? Please let me know if that works.

Please let me know if anyone has other suggestions to overcome this issue.
serdary4
@pkundupradeep

Normally, you need to get the signed and stamped copy of the certificate and then you should make it apostilled. If you have any doubt, the best way to ask vfs global in your country.
arjunprasad2143
@pkundupradeep
you dont need to get the marriage certificate reissued. Get a copy attested by a notary and then get it apostilled. I did it that way.
kriznaonline

@pkundupradeep I assume you are from India, there is a process called e-sand in which the 3rd party(TTK - for me) will apply for re-issue of soft copy and then they legalize the copy they received -

kriznaonline

@pkundupradeep yes they will not re-issue if you ask sub register office - check with any agencies who helps in getting the docs legalizing

misskeira
@kriznaonline
Yes, that’s right!
I was expecting it at the end of August, but it came sooner!
misskeira
@kriznaonline
You’d better call to the local VFS center and ask them if they have one…
misskeira
Hi all!
Just wanted to share that while waiting for my appointment for 15th of August at VFS (which was made on 2nd of August and was the closest available at that time), I checked the “reschedule” option and voilà!
There was an earlier time available on 5th of August (Friday morning when I checked) for the 8th of August! (And also couple of days and times)

I guess some people make appointments in advance and then cancel them!

Thank you for this chat!
Maybe this can be helpful for someone else)
ismtbgy
Hello everyone.
Do u know anyone who get rejected from the immigration office after getting work permit? And after rejection do they get the residency by reapplying the process.
Asking for Just the curiosity.
kriznaonline
My timeline

Region: Brussels
Application: 24 May 2022
WP: No Update (My employer told they will give status post 6 weeks)
RP: Waiting

Anyone has similar timeline can share your status
- @kriznaonline

Update :
WP: 07th June

- @kriznaonline

Update :

WP: 07th June

Husi123

@ismtbgy What could be a reason pf rejection if the file is complete and you have the work permit? But, I think you can reapply to ask legally to relook into the decision.

ismtbgy

@Husi123 just curious

Husi123
I finally got mine. Apparantly it was issued last week on 2 August.
My final timeline;
Region: Flanders, new application, I am already in Belgium as a student.
Application: 19 April
WP: 25 May
RP: 2 August.
Good luck smile.png
Closed

Articles to help you in your expat project in Belgium

• Work permit in Belgium
    Work permit in Belgium

When moving to Belgium, you'll probably need to work to maintain a decent lifestyle. Suppose you're lucky ...

• The Working Holiday Visa for Belgium
    The Working Holiday Visa for Belgium

Energetic and carefree, Belgium is undeniably a country that welcomes foreigners warmly. But above all, Belgium is ...

• Visas for Belgium
    Visas for Belgium

You'll likely need a visa, even for a brief visit when entering Belgium. If you want to make this country your ...

• Doing an internship in Belgium
    Doing an internship in Belgium

Students usually have to do an internship to validate their academic training. What's the process of doing an ...

• A guide to Brussels' neighbourhoods
    A guide to Brussels' neighbourhoods

A very safe and laid-back city to live and work in, Brussels has many different sides for expats and tourists to ...

• Buying a car in Belgium
    Buying a car in Belgium

Some formalities apply when buying a vehicle in Belgium, both before and after the sale. Here's what to expect.

• Buying property in Brussels
    Buying property in Brussels

Compared with other European capitals, buying property in Brussels is very affordable. Consequently, it's ...

• Buying a property in Belgium
    Buying a property in Belgium

The real estate in Belgium has the reputation of being relatively cheaper than its neighbors. We'll give you ...

All of Belgium's guide articles