Single Permit Processing in 2022

@ChandlerBing i have dropped an email to the commune where I am planing to leave once I have the answer will share it and congrats on your sp.

@ChandlerBing

Congrats 👌👌 Are you gonna apply for a family reunification visa?

@Meric Erdeviren thank you! And yes, please do that would be really appreciated :)

@serdary4 Thank you. No, it is just me that will moving

Hi everone,

I carried out a quick analysis for Flanders region regarding SP approvals.

According to this,

If you received your WP until 15 June 2022, you already have your Annex46. Is there any query that doesn't match with this ?

Another question: Is there anyone received Annex46 who has WP with date after June, 15 ?

Regards,
Region: Flanders
Application: 10th June
WP: waiting
RP: waiting

Is there anyone who has applied in Flanders recently?
Application: 10th June
WP: waiting
RP: waiting

Is there anyone who has applied recently?
@Ewms
Your timeline is extraordinary. You have been waiting for wp since 10th June? Have you ever contacted with your employer?
I do have a question, when you arrive to Belgium let's say Brussels in my case, you have 8 days to register to the commune where I am going to live for the police to make a control. As no one will have an apartment immediately and I will be staying in a hotel at least for 20 days how will I be able to prove my place of residence?
- @Meric Erdeviren

That 8 days rule is not set in stone. It is not a strict rule and no one will penalize you for not registering within 8 days of arrival. The authorities themselves know it's unrealistic for most people and it is not enforced. Matter of fact, some people register months after arrival. I am one of those people, back when I arrived to do my MSc. The only important thing is that you should register, i.e., get your residence card before your visa D expires. It is called a "long-stay visa", but it is a misnomer. It is actually only valid for 6 months, which, in the authorities' mind, is enough time for you to find a permanent accommodation, where you can register your address, and thus, get your eID.

I'm surprised that companies hiring foreigners and the agencies who file for the single permits for companies don't educate people on these things.

@arunml , congrats. Hopefully we'll get it by end of September or 1st week of October.

@Ewms We are in a similiar situation except our situation is even worse because we applied end of May (last week in May) and also still awaiting work permit. We are going to have a meeting with the employer to discuss why it's taking so long. I did notice there was one person on the group who waited about 3 months for their work permit this year so that makes me feel better but needless to say we are worried.

@anoopdangwal786 I just wanted to check so you waited about 3 months to receive the approval for a WP? Because my husband's is also nw approaching the 3 month mark just for the approval for the work permit not even the single permit.

@nmsas1 yes my work approval took alot time thn usual as few documents were missing in the application but people used to get the thier work approval within one month or 1.5 months if all the documents submitted. Good luck

Region: Wallonie

no-reply mail Date: 15 June
WP: 21 June
Annex 46: waiting

Notice: May 11, 2022
Wp: May 31, 2022
Annex 46: August 17, 2022

Wishing the very best to everyone 1f607.svg
@anoopdangwal786

Region Flanders
Fresh Application 21/3/22
Work permit approved on 22/6/22
Asked for Apostle PCC and administration fee Proof on  8/8/22
Provided Both Document on 9/8/22
No update as of now 😞 expecting annexe 46 to come on Monday or Tuesday 🤞
Hi, my situation is waiting for residence permit.
Work permit came on 5th of july. As i check the forum it tooks 10 week approximately for RP. What is the process for others ?

@Özgür Albayrak we share the same time-line

Hello All, please can someone answer @Tonton_med 's question?

If you have a valid residence permit within the EU,  can you start work just after the WP approval and then fill out the application for RP once in Belgium?
Thank you in advance
Hello All, please can someone answer @Tonton_med 's question?

If you have a valid residence permit within the EU,  can you start work just after the WP approval and then fill out the application for RP once in Belgium?
Thank you in advance
- @M14K79

If you are non-EU citizen, no!

@Ewms You should have already received WP from Flanders in this time. Send email to check status to  arbeidskaart@vlaanderen.be

Does anyone received any news for RP?

@gulceakt not me. It's been almost 9 weeks after the WP approval :(:(

@gulceakt

9 weeks passed from wp issued. I hope rp will be granted in this week.
Hey guys, I just got an information that the foreigners office official in charge of the single permit is currently on vacation, which might be a reason for the delays. (It is what I heard from my agency, so I don't know whether it's right or not) So, I wonder how long do they leave for holidays in general. Does anyone know?
@Jenna24

Which is the region, Flanders? It is not rational to have only one staff for single permit approval.

@serdary4 I applied for Brussels, I know it sounds unusual, but I did heard that it takes longer during summer holiday season than usual. That's why I'm asking.

In how many days does the work approvals are coming currently for Brussels region? Any idea from any one would be appreciated.
@anoopdangwal786

Region Flanders
Fresh Application 21/3/22
Work permit approved on 22/6/22
Asked for Apostle PCC and administration fee Proof on  8/8/22
Provided Both Document on 9/8/22
Received Annex 46 on 23/8/22
Good luck to everyone
Congrats 👌
@anoopdangwal786
I'm so glad, finally someone has news.  I hope ours arrives asap too. Congrats 👏🏼

@anoopdangwal786 congrats!!!!

@gulceakt

It is nice to know the process going on :) What is your timeline? Mine;

no-reply mail Date: 15 June
WP: 21 June
Annex 46: still waiting
@serdary4

Hi, my Timeline:

No-reply: 23.06
Wp: 24.06

Hope we will have it soon 🙈
Hi guys!  I now have Belgian student residence valid until the end of Oct and I'm anxiously waiting for the approval of the single permit. Does anyone know what will happen if my current residence permit expires before the approval of the single permit? Does that mean I will be illegal staying?

Thanks in advance!
For people applying from Turkey regarding VFS:

• Appointments usually open on the last days of each month, keep checking on those days.
  • If you are unable to schedule an appointment in advance (usually they open appointments for 1 month away), once you get your single permit, e-mail VFS your approvals from Belgium and ask for an earlier appointment - they assist in case of emergency but you need to follow up with them for this.
  • I was told 1.5-2 weeks to get your passport back once you present the documents at VFS.
  • Ensure that you have 3 photocopies of each document.
  • Appointment costs 510 TL, the long term visa does not have any additional fees for turkish citizens. VFS gives you the option to have your passport sent back to you via UPS for 202 TL.
@ChandlerBing

Thank you for this detailed information. I was really wondering about Visa process too, because nowadays its impossible to reach VFS by Phone.
@gulceakt glad it's helpful.

And I would advise going there 45 mins before your appointment time, they wont let you in until its actual time but VFS has the applicants of 23 countries enter from one door so there is a long line to get inside the building.
@ChandlerBing

Many thanks for your explanation :)
Hi everyone. I have an update:

Application submitted: 23.05.2022
Wp: 23.08.2022

Sharing my experience in case it helps anyone. Waited 3 months for the work permit - no documents were missing but they did ask for a clearer copy of the passport about 2 weeks after the application was submitted, and then at the beginning of August they asked for a clearer copy of the employment contract. The employer said that this is a "delay tactic" that they use to give themselves more time to process the application. Finally it was approved on Monday. Now we have to wait for the residency permit. Hopefully it doesn't take another 3 months :(
Closed