First time application - highly skilled - Flanders
No reply email: 28 January 2023
WP: pending
RP: pending
-@Venessa Ong

Update:

WP: 6 March 2023 (notified by employer on the 11th)

dounianachit1999

Good morning,

Please, what are the conditions or  the criteria imposed for the single permit to be issued quickly and successfully ?

Taag1
Did Anyone receive RP this week?
-@muraliece2009

Still waiting.. please update if you get one

nisrinechelkha

@muraliece2009

Still waiting…

sseifeddinee

@nisrinechelkha personnel hautement qualifié ou bien métier en pénurie ?

nisrinechelkha
@nisrinechelkha personnel hautement qualifié ou bien métier en pénurie ?
-@sseifeddinee

For a highly-qualified worker.

Ashley Yoo

Hi everyone, I have a question

The moving agency told me that they applied for me on 9th Feb. But I only received the no-reply email today. Is that possible? When should I start counting days (within 4 months one)

Guest7834

@Ashley Yoo counting days should start from the moment your application state is recievable

muraliece2009

@Taag1 Sure, will update

Fidato K

Dears,

My timeline

Updates----------

Region: Flanders

Applied: 30/12/2022 (Received mail from no reply mail id)

Work permit: 14/02/2023

RP: Waiting

Annex 46: Waiting

Did anyone receive RP application date close to 30/12/2022?

Ankit Pruthi
Did Anyone receive RP this week?
-@muraliece2009

Still waiting. I was informed it takes 8-9 Weeks from when WP is given.

Fkaraman

Hi all,

My timeline:

Region: Flanders

No reply email received: 14/02/2023

Work permit: Waiting

RP: Waiting

First time I applied I received WP in 3 weeks but this time it has been a month and still nothing. Does anyone know why is that?

dounianachit1999

@Fkaraman

Yes, because of fraud, Turkey has decided to extend the minimum period of 8 weeks, la même chose pour le Maroc.

maharaji1984

@Junjun2022 yes

Skhiri Wassim

Hello everyone, is there any Tunisian candidates waiting for "permis unique" for highly qualified workers in Wallonie.

sseifeddinee

@Skhiri Wassim yes wassim, did you receive your work permit?

zayneb166

Hi all,

My timeline first time

Region : Brussels

No-Reply : 20/01/2023

WP : 09/02/2023

RP : waiting..

Is there anyone from Tunisia who applied for Visa D through TLS ? If yes, could you let us know the processing time ?

Skhiri Wassim

@sseifeddinee not yet, my employer submitted in 6th of march ...

Muhammet Yildirim Tr

hello everyone. My work permit has been approved. Is there a possibility that my residence permit will not be approved? because I've been waiting for so long.

application: 20.10.22

wp: 10.01.23

rp: ..

Guest7834

Hi everyone!

WP: pending

Serdary

Hi,

First time application

Highly skilled applicant

From Wallonia region

No reply email : 6 February 2023

WP : 8 February 2023

RP: Pending

How long does it take circa to get granted for RP right after WP issuance?

zayneb166

@Muhammet Yildirim Tr Hi Muhammet if the RP takes 4 months and you don't get any reply, it will be approved automatically. 

gileshammond

I plan on working in Brussels and commuting from the UK. It’s for a long haul Airline job so will position out the day before a trip, stay in hotel the away. My question is. Can I start work as soon as I receive the Work Permit as I don’t need a resident Permit and can I apply for a Work Permit only? Thanks

Amine rk

Hello everyone,

Amine from Tunisia,

No reply email received 08 feb 2023

Wp : waiting

Angus Robertson

Region: Brussels

Type: Highly Skilled

No reply: 27/1/23

Work permit: 7/2/23

Residence permit: waiting

Visa: awaiting annex 46

I understand that I can't make any progress with the visa through TLS until I get the residence permit anyway? Just playing the waiting game, which could be anything from 8-12 weeks from the work permit award.

Best of luck everyone, and thanks those who've helped me work out the process so far.

futuretostart

Hello,

I have one question. My Single Permit is in processing. I have received the decision for Work Permit on 24th Feb. My current employer wants to retain me.

Is it possible to cancel the application for Single Permit with my new employer? Does it have any impact on my status in Belgium and Work from the Ministry?

muraliece2009

I do not see any SP issues Last three weeks ? Did some one recieve Single Permit last 3 weeks ?

maharaji1984

@futuretostart they can cancel from the request page. As long as you have a valid one it will not effect.

sseifeddinee

Did anyone get their single permit from Wallonie region this week? If yes, what date did your employer submit the application ? and what date did you get the work permit ?

Skhiri Wassim

@sseifeddinee actually the work permit was approved in  the 9 of march 2023 ...

sseifeddinee

@Skhiri Wassim how long it will take to get the single permit after the work permit? For wallonia region

Skhiri Wassim

@sseifeddinee usually between one and two months ...

futuretostart

@maharaji1984 : Okay what do you mean by cancel from the request page?

Ankit Pruthi

Hi All, need your guidance. I am in process of getting my single permit. I have received work permit but now waiting for residence permit.

The problelm is that my passport didn’t have my spouse name and went to passport kendra to get spouse name added. Now I understand the passport will be re-issued. Wanted to check if a change in passport details during the single permit process has any impact? Should I let my employer know or this change will be not have any impact?

nisrinechelkha
Hello everyone,
My timelines

Region: Wallonie
Application: 26 December 2022
Work Permit Approval: 12 January 2023
Residence permit: waiting…

All the best!
-@nisrinechelkha

Update:

RP: 21 march 2023

Best of luck everyone ☺️

BMM996210

@Ankit Pruthi It is always better to inform your employer about this change of passport.

The passport number is not on the Bijlage46 document, but all your personal information is taken from the passport.

so not sure if there is an issue for a re-issue of a new passport, but better to stay on the safe side.

Muhammet Yildirim Tr

Congratulations. My work permit was issued on January 10. I'm still waiting sad.png

muraliece2009

@Muhammet Yildirim Tr Better to double check with Employer now.

dounianachit1999

@nisrinechelkha

Félicitation.

Closed

Articles to help you in your expat project in Belgium

• Work permit in Belgium
    Work permit in Belgium

When moving to Belgium, you'll probably need to work to maintain a decent lifestyle. Suppose you're lucky ...

• The Working Holiday Visa for Belgium
    The Working Holiday Visa for Belgium

Energetic and carefree, Belgium is undeniably a country that welcomes foreigners warmly. But above all, Belgium is ...

• Visas for Belgium
    Visas for Belgium

You'll likely need a visa, even for a brief visit when entering Belgium. If you want to make this country your ...

• Doing an internship in Belgium
    Doing an internship in Belgium

Students usually have to do an internship to validate their academic training. What's the process of doing an ...

• A guide to Brussels' neighbourhoods
    A guide to Brussels' neighbourhoods

A very safe and laid-back city to live and work in, Brussels has many different sides for expats and tourists to ...

• Buying a car in Belgium
    Buying a car in Belgium

Some formalities apply when buying a vehicle in Belgium, both before and after the sale. Here's what to expect.

• Buying property in Brussels
    Buying property in Brussels

Compared with other European capitals, buying property in Brussels is very affordable. Consequently, it's ...

• Buying a property in Belgium
    Buying a property in Belgium

The real estate in Belgium has the reputation of being relatively cheaper than its neighbors. We'll give you ...

All of Belgium's guide articles