Menu
Expat.com

Single Permit Processing in 2022

Last activity 25 January 2024 by officemanik

cuneytacil

@uzakgezgini Hello, It was change of Employer in Flanders. But we are total 3 person nearly same dates.

Does anyone have any idea about any chance to travel abroad before the process finalized? Are there any temporary visa for that kind of situation? Because it is very long process duration (8 to 10 weeks after the file handled).

uzakgezgini
@uzakgezgini Hello, It was change of Employer in Flanders. But we are total 3 person nearly same dates.
Does anyone have any idea about any chance to travel abroad before the process finalized? Are there any temporary visa for that kind of situation? Because it is very long process duration (8 to 10 weeks after the file handled).
-@cuneytacil

I assume you still hold your current Residence Card, which should be still not expired. Therefore, you should be able to travel in-out with it. After your Single Permit is approved, you will need to go to your commune and ask for a new card. Ask them if you can keep your current card until the new one arrives (this depends on the commune). If you get to keep it, you should not have any problems.

BMM996210

@cuneytacil Hi as @uzakgezgini also mentioned if your current RP is still valid then you can travel.

In case your RP will also expire, then you will get an Annex 49 I think... But with this you cannot leave Belgium

cuneytacil

@BMM996210 @uzakgezgini I applied on January which was 3 months earlier than expiration date of my card. So it is expired. I have Annex 49. Until I receive Annex 46, I am searching ways to open travel path or I should have my new card earlier than July.

uzakgezgini

UPDATE!

Type: Highly Qualified - Initial Single Permit (due to Change of Employers)

Region: Flanders (previous Employer was in Brussels)

Date of application: 30 March 2023

Work Permit: 10 May 2023

Single Permit: Waiting

Seems like the 6th Week is the magic week! I wish patience to everyone waiting their WPs, it comes sooner or later indeed smile.png Now to wait for the Single Permit finalization (to be updated).

BMM996210

@cuneytacil Hi,

You should have your card.

I had a similar situation and the city informed me that I cannot travel outside Belgium.

joaoaccorsi

Hello all,

Was anyone asked for further documentation while waiting for the RP? How long did it take until you got the RP?

In my case, I had sent the criminal records of my country (where I am living), translated and legalized, all fine. However, they wanted me to submit the Belgian criminal records as well, as I have already lived there to study.

I have submitted it the same day (May 5th), but still no answer. I contacted the IBZ by email and they just said the application is still pending.

Thank you all!

omagherbi

Update

Region : Brussels
No-Reply : 25/04/2023

Ask for additional doc: 09/05/2023

Submitted additional doc: 09/05/2023

WP : waiting
RP : waiting
-@omagherbi

joaoaccorsi
Hello all,
Was anyone asked for further documentation while waiting for the RP? How long did it take until you got the RP?

In my case, I had sent the criminal records of my country (where I am living), translated and legalized, all fine. However, they wanted me to submit the Belgian criminal records as well, as I have already lived there to study.

I have submitted it the same day (May 5th), but still no answer. I contacted the IBZ by email and they just said the application is still pending.

Thank you all!
-@joaoaccorsi

No one with a similar experience? Now it's been almost 2 weeks without an answer...

joaoaccorsi

UPDATE

Region: Flanders (first time)

Application date & Privacy notice e-mail : 13 January 2023

Work Permit: 27 February 2023 (informed by employer 06 March 2023)

Asked for additional document: 05 May 2023 (criminal records for the period I lived in Belgium before)

Residence Permit / Annex 46: 22 May 2023

It was a long wait but finally I got it.

Good luck and much patience to you all!

nabazuki

I checked in Flanders Website, and it looks like it is taking minimum 10 weeks.

I am not sure if this time is for both new & renew Single Permit.

"The Economic Migration Department is presently experiencing a major influx of applications. As a result, processing currently takes ten weeks.

Please take this timing into consideration when submitting your application."

SSait

@murat123 4 months only for WP! Why do you think it took so long to get the WP?

GuestPoster24932

@SSait i have no idea, I think they're randomly reviewing the files. My employer said an average of 3 months, but it took too long sad.png

maharaji1984

Regional authorities saying that they are having  major influx of applications and file processing could take up to 10 weeks.

Beside this Binnenlandse Zaken saying that processes could take from 10 to 12 weeks.

In total 24 weeks which is almost 6 months.

It may be  understandable for  renewals or first apply. However in some circumstances like sudden cases or unexpected work changes, resign or fired situations   its too long processing time.

Recently i have read an article and saying that 1.2 million people taking benefit from unemployment fund and not looking for a job.

We are looking for a job , finding a job and waiting for approval.

dounianachit1999

Hello,

Please  update if you received a response this week.

joaoaccorsi

Hi guys, has anyone received the WP around March 23? If so, have you already received your SP as well?

Thank you all! smile.png

dounianachit1999

@joaoaccorsi

Yeh, I received my WP le 29 mars, and im steel waiting the RP until now 😔😔

joaoaccorsi
@joaoaccorsi
Yeh, I received my WP le 29 mars, and im steel waiting the RP until now 😔😔
-@dounianachit1999

My friend received her WP on March 23 and is still waiting as well.

In my case, it took around 10 weeks from WP approval to have an answer regarding the RP.

Hope you have yours soon!

dounianachit1999

@joaoaccorsi

Thank you ☺️☺️,

And If your friend receives a response please let me know 🙃🙃.

Muhammad Umer Khitab

I received my WP on 23rd March. I am still waiting for my RP. Its 10th week going on.

BMM996210

Did your employer try to contact the office to get a response?.

Normally it helps to speed up and given the huge pending list a call can bring your document on top.

SSait

UPDATE!

My timeline (First-time application) :

Region: Brussels

No-reply mail: 28.04.2023

Work permit: 09.05.2023

Residence permit / Annex 46: 01.06.2023

That was fast!

Good luck everyone.

dounianachit1999

@SSait

Félicitation, Yeh verry fast, ma demande was on 15/02, and am steel waiting. You are verry lucky ☺️☺️

cuneytacil
@BMM996210 A 3rd party company is doing the Visa and ID renewal works.
My process started on January. I received WP on 21st of April. I need to have RP before July.
I try to figure out the possibility.
-@cuneytacil

Update;

I received RP today.

Good luck y'all.

GO94

@cuneytacil Hello, first time application? which region?

cuneytacil

Region: Flanders

First application was on end january.

Pritham1

Update

(First time application - Flanders)

No-reply mail: 6/2/23

WP: 15/3/23

RP: 2/6/23

yufeng47

Hi all, did you all check with the online status to monitor the results?

maharaji1984

SWP Application by worker in Flanders

Application : 10/03/2023

In treatment by Region : 20/03/2023

Request additional information : 12/04/2023

Admisible : 02/05/2023

WP : WAITING...

yufeng47

@maharaji1984 Hello, do you mean the status on the portal is Admisible? If it is already Admisible, it means work permit is already approved but just need to wait for the official notice, right?

maharaji1984

@yufeng47 yes thats right. I dont understand why its taking so long. Meanwhile i cant work and there is a family need to be fed.

Your case is smilar?

dounianachit1999

@yufeng47

No, how !

yufeng47

@maharaji1984 no, I just updated to "in the treatment", and would like to know what will be following steps be like smile.png

yufeng47

@dounianachit1999 https://login.socialsecurity.be/idp/use … uage=enyou may track here yourself

dounianachit1999

@yufeng47

Okyy, can you send me the link !

dounianachit1999

@yufeng47

Thank you yufeng,

The link give me error 0!  Is the same as  you ??

yufeng47

@yufeng47

https://login.socialsecurity.be/idp/use … anguage=en

please use this one

berna polat71

Application: 9th of March

Wp: waiting.

Is there anyone having same situation as me?

berna polat71

@maharaji1984 are you still waiting?

maharaji1984

Merhaba Berna,

Same here

10.03.23 application date

Still waiting for wp.

Closed

Articles to help you in your expat project in Belgium

• Work permit in Belgium
    Work permit in Belgium

When moving to Belgium, you'll probably need to work to maintain a decent lifestyle. Suppose you're lucky ...

• The Working Holiday Visa for Belgium
    The Working Holiday Visa for Belgium

Energetic and carefree, Belgium is undeniably a country that welcomes foreigners warmly. But above all, Belgium is ...

• Visas for Belgium
    Visas for Belgium

You'll likely need a visa, even for a brief visit when entering Belgium. If you want to make this country your ...

• Doing an internship in Belgium
    Doing an internship in Belgium

Students usually have to do an internship to validate their academic training. What's the process of doing an ...

• A guide to Brussels' neighbourhoods
    A guide to Brussels' neighbourhoods

A very safe and laid-back city to live and work in, Brussels has many different sides for expats and tourists to ...

• Buying a car in Belgium
    Buying a car in Belgium

Some formalities apply when buying a vehicle in Belgium, both before and after the sale. Here's what to expect.

• Buying property in Brussels
    Buying property in Brussels

Compared with other European capitals, buying property in Brussels is very affordable. Consequently, it's ...

• Buying a property in Belgium
    Buying a property in Belgium

The real estate in Belgium has the reputation of being relatively cheaper than its neighbors. We'll give you ...

All of Belgium's guide articles