Bank Transfer

I am trying to transfer money from Scotiabank Canada to Banco Santa cruz but Scotiabank wont accept the Swift #SCRZDOSD. They require numerical only. Any help would be appreciated

Swift codes aren't numeric.  I suggest you call your bank

Try using wise. Also known as transfer wise. This is what I use to transfer money to my Bank account at Santa Cruz. Transfer fees are cheap, takes about 2 business days to reflect to your account, and they charge about $30 to process the transfer.

I have sent money to my bank account in DR (from Canada) very easily with worldremit.  Just open an account with worldremit.  Then add your Dominican bank account as a recipient, and then send the money.  However I am using CIBC or BMO (bank card) to send the money here.  Not Scotia.  I am using my debit visa or debit mastercard, and as long as its under $3000 canadian, there are no delays.  Well if the recipient bank is BanReservas, the transfer goes through immediately (less than 30 minutes).  Since yours is Banco Santa Cruz, that takes 3 days.  You can send multiple transfers in one day if needed up to whatever daily withdrawal limit you have attached to your Scotia bank account/debit card.

So for this reason, I have 2 accounts. Send to Banreservas first (arrives right away).  Then transfer online from Banreservas to the other Dominican Bank that does not have lineups (like Banco Santa Cruz).   Go get the money.

A transfer costs $3 from Worldremit but a money transfer costs $50+.

NOSCCATT
from my scotia bank here in santo domingo

Are they looking for an IBAN number? Those are numeric.

This website is how I found mine for Banco Santa Cruz.

I transfer from my Scotiabank account in AB to my Scotiabank account where I live using Remitly - even cheaper than WorldRemit - usually clears the same day if sent early in the AM. No real issues except going over the 6 month limit set by DR - I'm building a house as well as paying bills that causes that....once up and running no problems but you may have answer questions (to DR financing authoirties) first time....good luck

I have been having same issue on and off last few months with DR banks to wire. One swift works then it does not and find another to use and now that does not work.

I tried yesterday and could not send with any swift codes.

Add three XXX after swift code worked for me today.

Did you transfer from Scotiabank canada to Banco santo Cruz?  Still wont work for me

No this was a bank from USA.

Has anyone from Canada received their CPP via a direct deposit to a Bank in the Dominican Republic.   Not from a Canadian Bank account to a DR bank account.   Service  Canada tell me they can direct deposit the pension payment to a DR bank.  To date no Bank in Sosua will provide the proper Sort Code ( routing number) 8 numeric characters.

NO - although I haven't tried. I use Scotiabank in Canada and th DR - but I think will changing DR banks as not happy with Scotiabank there. Easy to withdraw using debit card but that's all!!!

I have been using Remitly for transfers from my Canadian bank to BANCO Santa Cruz for 2 years. The first year, no issues at all. For some reason the last few transfers were nothing but problems. Remitly has changes the intermediary bank and as result have requested all sorts of additional information like bank statements , proof of origination of funds, pension statements etc….I have provided and one transfer went through albeit after a long delay. The next one they again requested all the same information again. Very frustrating in getting any answers as to the problems other than increased scrutiny I suppose?

if anyone has encountered this issue and solved it…please post…much appreciated

We just do an international bank transfer of funds to our Dominican Bank.

Has anyone found a way to transfer Canadian funds directly to a Dominican peso account?

You can  transfer  Canadian dollars to a Dominican peso account BUT you get the banks rate of exchange and it will NOT be in your favor.

My bank only will send in U.S. funds. I have to convert Canadian dollars to U.S. for them to send it. Very annoying and expensive.

Wow it sure is!