SRRV Payments

did you already pay All money,
who has experience???

The biger money is a DEPOSIT at your OWN acount but has to be in one of the approved bank for such.   (I dont know for all SRRV types, but at least for some you can USE this money to buy e g a condo.)

The much smaller application FEES you pay.

To be precise, there are two types of PRA approved banks.

1. Accredited banks where you can deposit in your own name,  but cannot withdraw while having SRRV
or
2. DBP where the money is kept on a PRA account, with only a reference to the vusa holder. DBP seems to be having issues in confirming deposits in a timely manner.

Yes, the money can be used for a limited number of approved investments. The PRA website should have all the info about this.

I'm a US Army veteran but not a retired veteran. I did my 3 years and was honorably discharged and have my DD214. Do I qualify for the $1,500 deposit? What happens to that money anyway?
@Moon Dog

No.

You must be receiving a pension.

Deposits are made at accredited banks either under your own name or under PRA account with a piece of paper stating how much is kept on your behalf. The money is returned when the visa is canceled.
@emvaningen I assuming social security counts as a part of one's pension?

My main interest is the SRRV Courtesy visa and if I'm eligible as a veteran, but not retired military.
I need to ask

See pm.

@Moon Dog I believe you ARE qualified for extended courtesy SRRV based on your SSA pension but we will see what van ingen says.

Correct, but it is important what the SSA document states.

Must be a montly payment of over $1000 that has already started.

PRA will ask proof in the form of bank statements.
I receive about $2,600 a month from SS and I've had in direct deposited in the same account for over 4 or 5 years. I also receive a small pension and I hold the mortgage on some properties I sold so I should be OK.
To me it looks good.
emvaningen, hope you are doing well. Hope to see you when my SRRV is ready! JIM
@lcdrski

Let me know when you go to collect it and i will do my best to go there.

I will be on travel for some time, but i know tgat there are delays at BI due to all the holidays.
Thanks, safe travels.   Has anyone that applied for SRRV after 24 March 2022 gotten their final visa and how long did it take?  JIM
@Moon Dog

Absolutely, I did it myself.  You do need the minimum pension though from any source including SS.  $1,000.00
Thanks, safe travels.   Has anyone that applied for SRRV after 24 March 2022 gotten their final visa and how long did it take?  JIM
- @lcdrski

Assuming you have all the requirements and documents in hand, 45 days.  But it always depends on where you apply and  how  busy the PRA, BI and Legal are.
- @lcdrski
Even though I went the ACR-1, 13A route, I brought bank documents/statements with me, which can be printed online.

@emvaningen I assuming social security counts as a part of one's pension?

My main interest is the SRRV Courtesy visa and if I'm eligible as a veteran, but not retired military.
- @Moon Dog

I did the expanded courtesy SRRV visa, VET with 13.5 years, honorable discharge and used SS as my proof of retirement income. The $1500 deposit has to be wired from outside the country. The $1400 application fee can be paid in US dollars or pesos at the PRA. My SRRV took a month.
@lcdrski

Yes, more than one

@elnidophill The money will be deposit in US$ time deposit, you will get interest monthly to anther account , for 20k you get small money amount 2$,  but if the Fed in the usa will raise the interest rate,,and he will so you can get around 300 us$ yearly

Has anybody here seen a post, claiming that Maryrose from Vaningenmanagement had retired?

False an totally untrue.

She is alive and kicking. Just on a short break to Europe, and a little bit of delay in answering emails

In regards to social security benefits as my pension I  can get my social security benefits statement notarized at the US Embassy in the Philippines?

Not the the statement, but the yearly letter that gives an overview of entitlements etc.

Thing is I was hoping to be in the Philippines prior to being eligible for social security benefits.Apply online in the Philippines and hopefully not have to return to the US for a yearly letter

Thing is I was hoping to be in the Philippines prior to being eligible for social security benefits.Apply online in the Philippines and hopefully not have to return to the US for a yearly letter
-@Robert Morris63

You can print the benefits letter from your online social security account. 

@Robert Morris63 I download my yearly letter and print it.

So in summary I can do everything from the Philippines.

I have my original DD 214, does it have to be notarized?

Is the medical clearance done in the Philippines?

I  have my medical records and proof of immunizations.

Thanks everyone for your assistance.

@Robert Morris63 If you can have your DD214 and SS letter apostilled in the US I suggest you do it. I'm far from the Cebu or Manila US Embassy so I will have to set aside a couple days to travel, probably to Manila (ugh!) and have the US Embassy notarize an "affidavit of undertaking", or something like that, for my SS letter and DD214. I hear the physical can be taken near the PRA and it is very easy to pass.

I have my medical records and proof of immunizations.
-@Robert Morris63

There are many expats who will advise that you initiate your SSA payments while in the USA. Of course it is possible to do that from here but if something goes wrong the US embassy is not helpful and several payments may be delayed or even not paid out because they do not designate you as retired. Maybe i have watched too many expat youtube videos lol. Others may chime in. I did my SSA while still in the USA.

Wondering if I should get another copy of my DD 214 from National Archives or just use the original.

Thanks for your assistance.

@Moon Dog

I will be in Quezon City.

@Moon Dog

Medical is just a physical?

Hi Robert and welcome to the forum and the Philippines.

I am not on an SRRV and only offer an opinion here and others can correct me, done a lot of paperwork in this country and every thing is photocopied. (paperwork is normally triplicate notarized copies of the original) Why would you give your original dd214, birth certificate, drivers license etc. to any one?  Those docs are your property.

From all I have read and garnered from expat sites the medical is simple and your PRA rep will probably take you to their preferred doctor after you pay your deposit and roll up to their office in Makati. Simple from what I hear unless you have serious medical issues or 2 heads. 

Good luck and enjoy the Philippines.

Cheers, Steve.

@Robert Morris63

If you are not far from the US Embassy you could probably do everything here just as well.

Go to the link below which is the topic "Which Visa ???". Expat pilotdrh does an excellent job of explaining the process in detail in report #15.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 73#5657730

@bigpearl

Thanks

@bigpearl
Thanks
-@Robert Morris63

Don't forget your police clearance before you apply from your home country.

Cheers, Steve.

How current should the FBI clearance be?

I may be there next Mar but not apply for SRRV until October due to not being Social security eligible.

@Robert Morris63 That is over 6 months so you will only need the NBI clearance.

I have my medical records and proof of immunizations.
-@Robert Morris63
There are many expats who will advise that you initiate your SSA payments while in the USA. Of course it is possible to do that from here but if something goes wrong the US embassy is not helpful and several payments may be delayed or even not paid out because they do not designate you as retired. Maybe i have watched too many expat youtube videos lol. Others may chime in. I did my SSA while still in the USA.
-@danfinn

Good point. Paul 'Old dog new tricks' did a vlog on this very issue. One guy he interviewed fell into this trap.

@Moon Dog

Thanks