Menu
Expat.com

pregnancy abortion

Last activity 13 July 2022 by XTang

Guest34958
Dear all,
My girlfriend just got a positive pregnancy test (self home test), its been almost 2 weeks. I am lost what to do in KSA
can anyone help me, how to get an abortion pill
melvinmendoza1980

@alan_jedd LEAVE KSA ... SAVE THE BABY.... GO HOME.... GO HOME....

Arsal7
Dear all,
My girlfriend just got a positive pregnancy test (self home test), its been almost 2 weeks. I am lost what to do in KSA
- @alan_jedd

Very nice. Marry her you genius.
Otherwise, you will find yourself in Jail here.

Guest34958
marriage is not an option, also leavng KSA is not an option
Arsal7
marriage is not an option, also leavng KSA is not an option
- @alan_jedd

Go to jail then.
That's your future otherwise.
Arsal7
Here, that pill is totally unavailable.
That abortion thing considered a murder here.
Your choice, go home, marry her or go to jail.
Guest34958
why people are salty about this ?!!!
plus abortion is not murder in ksa
Arsal7
why people are salty about this ?!!!
plus abortion is not murder in ksa
- @alan_jedd

Should i forward this to the authorities?
They will explain it to you completely.
You are a coward plus pervert.
Be a man.
Own your mistake.
And make it worth it.
Fred
Dear all,
- @alan_jedd
Of course there's a more radical approach.

Instead of this being about you, you might like to ask the lady her thoughts. Termination, as I understand it, is legal if the lady meets a set of conditions, so why not try to do this properly - STARTING with her wishes.

Jon1723
I have friend same case. He knows that both of them might put in jail if the sponsor knows that she is pregnant. So what they did is that first, the girl ask for emergency leave and second the boy advance his salary for 2 months to buy ticket for his girlfriend.
XTang
Look, irrespective of your personal views on abortion, within KSA (and also GCC) abortion is illegal.  Also delivering a baby out of wedlock is a crime which leads to jail and deportation.  It does not matter what the reason of the abortion is.......the only reason its done is to save the life of the mother.... And even then, if she was pregnant out of wedlock, after stabilising her, its jail and deportation.

Even if you source black market abortion pills, god forbid, if there is a complication and she has to go to the hospital.... They are legally obligated to report an abortion attempt.  And then jail and deportation.  This is a fact.... I am in Healthcare sector and we get cases like this all the time.....ie abortion attempts, the woman comes in with heavy bleeding and the physician can spot the cause in a second.

Best approach, send her home or to a country where abortion is legal. No other way.  And do it fast, after 8 weeks, it is a surgical procedure, not pills.  Alternatively, marry her and today....early birth can also cause issues.... Especially if one of the two parties is muslim.

Edit: And also, let me address the myths of abortion pills.  Globally, the pills used together to induce abortions are mifepristone and misoprostol.  With both, the success rate is in the high 90s.  With only misoprostol, its early 80s.  Mifepristone is not available in the GCC at all except through regulated hospitals and is only prescribed in clinical in-patient environments to save the life of the mother.  Misoprostol is available, primarily for other uses eg ulcers but you cannot buy it over the counter due to the abortion angle.  Black Market sells you misoprostol and guess what, using it will land you in the hospital a lot of the times (its not meant to be used without mifepristone).  Most of the times they don't even do that and give something to induce periods like gynaecosid...... Criminal.... But they are black market scumbags after all and this can lead to serious risks, even death.  Jail in this case can become a life sentence.

So my advice, don't even think of it..... That's why I gave you the facts.
Guest34958

@Fred she completely wants this, and she did suggested it first

Guest34958

@Arsal7 seems like i will have to live with my mistake

Guest34958

@XTang thx for the info, seems a complicated situation, i did not imagine that it is like that

XTang
@alan_jedd that's why I gave the details. Most people don't know it and suffer the consequences.  Good luck.
Fred
Look, irrespective of your personal views on abortion, within KSA (and also GCC) abortion is illegal.
- @XTang

May I ask, please? I had a quick google on this one and that came up with the possibility abortion can be legal under a very narrow set of circumstances.
However, the internet can be written by anyone so, if you have definitive facts, other readers might find them useful.
joeg666251

@Guest34958 hello

XTang
Look, irrespective of your personal views on abortion, within KSA (and also GCC) abortion is illegal.
- @XTang

May I ask, please? I had a quick google on this one and that came up with the possibility abortion can be legal under a very narrow set of circumstances.
However, the internet can be written by anyone so, if you have definitive facts, other readers might find them useful.
- @Fred
Google is incorrect.   Even the clinic they reference for Bahrain (the abortion society or whatever) doesn't exist.

Practically, the only set of circumstances where it is allowed, is to save the life of the mother.

Have a look at some articles from official newspapers (oldish but nothing has changed):
And then it was rejected:

This is UAE and directly from their site:

They allow for abortions to save the women's life and / or if the baby will be born with severe deformities (this is what Bahrain also wanted to adopt but it was shot down by the council).

KSA is a bit more lenient.  In addition to the above, it allows for abortion when the mother's physical or mental wellbeing is at risk.

However, having said all of the above, the fact of the matter is that in ALL of these cases, we are discussing abortion where the parties are legally married.  OP is talking about abortion outside of marriage.......that becomes even more risky in Islamic countries as such relationships are not recognized or deemed illegal.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles