Where to learn about buying lands and good neighborhoods?

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for having me here. My name is Mimi, I work for Mineral Exploration mapping from home. So I can work from anywhere but hubby is still trying to negotiate to work remotely. As for now we are sitting on the fence reading around about Turkey where should we choose. Our targeted locations,for now, are Fathiye and Antalya. Want to know where to learn about buying lands and good neighborhoods ect. Want to connect with local expats from the area. We are coming 2023 May for the first time and will be more often after.

It is encouraging to see many expats here already. Have a warm and great day!

Hello mmt686613,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Please note that I have created a new thread with your post on the Turkey forum.

Should you have specific questions on this topic, feel free to ask them here.

Best of luck,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

As far as buying land is concerned you will not be able to buy land in the country side, or outside of the cities or what the turkish government counts as cities.

Foreigners are only allowed to buy land in a city, or apartments/houses in the city.

You can establish a company/business in Turkey, and then have it buy the land outside of the city or apartments/houses outside of the city if you want to get around that regulation.

I would highly suggest that you travel to Turkey in person to do any apartment buying, or house buying and hire a lawyer there since the chances of you getting scammed is high, and also hire an accessor which I am sure the real estate lawyer can help you with that.

As far as neighborhoods go you have to make sure that the neighborhood that you move to is not currently restricted by the government because they have 20-25% foreigners or more living in it. Which means if you move to this neighborhood and then apply for your temporary residence permit you will automatically get rejected in it because you are not allowed to live in these neighborhoods.

Many neighborhoods in both of those cities are good. There is not many run down places or what you would consider a ghetto. Wherever you move there you should be safe. Also it depends on what your looking for like a gated apartment building or if you are just looking for a regular apartment or house.

You will also have to keep in mind where you live will depend on the amount of accessibility you want to have. Are you going to own a car in Turkey or not? Then you will have to research where you will be going frequently in turkey, how far away it is from where you are going to live, etc to see if renting an apartment or villa is good in that area or not.

Also it will depend on how much walking you want to do or not do to get to places you want to go if you don't have a car in Turkey.

You have richer areas with villas, middle class areas, etc without knowing more then no one will know what your definition of a good neighorhood is unless if you explain it.

Hi,

If you want to buy a land in the Black Sea region for investment and intertwined with nature, I can help you. I have villas and flats in my portfolio/products...