Home owners with no residency

Hi everyone

I am a British citizen and am planning to buy an apartment in kushadasi.

With this purchase I would not qualify to apply for residency because purchase price is lower than it can qualify me.

My question is if homeowners with no residency are at disadvantage to those homeowners with residency? Like tax level charge and so on.

thanks

Following….

I need same information but for Antalya for buying a property. Thanks

Hi,

If your intention is to only stay in Turkey temporarily, residency wouldn't make any significant benefit as you can obtain short-term residency. You would run into difficulties if you wanted to reside here permanently.

Hi thanks, what is short term residency? do we aplly for it when arrive in turkey as a tourist?

if i have no residency, is yearly tax higher on property?

You're welcome, it's maximum for 90 days and there is no tax difference if you have no residency.

I am simple, buying is easy, having Ikamet is a different matter. As I see you can buy a property easily, taxes are ridicileous low. Ikamet might change in 1 year time (my view).

What I miss on the forum is EXTENTION of Ikamet, please do not tell me on the rules, but on the practice (many Russians are refused, for Iraq and Iran also not so easy, but for Western Europe easier (is this honest?)

My view I understand Alanya (or Turkey as a whole) needs people who spend (and we can)