Apartment electricity registration

I manage to get back my apartment by using the warning notary letter to terminate the contract. The tenant decided to leave with 30,000 liras then signed the eviction letter.

I registered the gas (IGDAS) - Water (ISKI) ,

but failed to register the electrical contract, I was asked to have IKAMET Number according to the Turkish new law. As I use my apartment only for holiday probably around two months every 6 months.

Is anyone can help for the electrical contract. Cheers

@Turkey2023, thanks for your post, answere to your question would be useful for me too, because i am in process of buying a property as a holiday home. i did not know if need Ikamat number to register for elictriciy.

Hello,

You may call the call centre of your service provider, and you should indicate that you want to apply for a short-term subscription as you don't have an ikamet in Turkey. It's possible to get a 1-month subscription, which can be extended by another 1-month within a 6-month period (this time may vary depending on the service provider).

Have a good day

Alper

Hi,  I thank you for the reply ,but I still wish to register for a proper electrical contract as I did for gas which avoid me to go every time to the provider and I'll pay by direct debit from my bank account as I am doing with the gas supplier, this make life easier. Thanks.

I am surprised that your real agent did not arrange for all. (When we bought our apartment we made it a condition to support us in all things (OK Ikamet might not be possible, but he should help you (in my mind for free))

The requirements for electric signup are called "tourism connection" without a resident permit and vary by region. Therefore, it is important to check the specific requirements for the area you plan to visit. However, if you plan to connect in Istanbul, a resident permit is required in almost all cases.

How if I show to the electrical supplier that I have the water,  the gaz and the block management my registration with my bank direct debit payment of the bills will these help.

Thank you.

`Do you have a real estate agent, he should do this for you. I do not understand, there are people locally who can help you (against a fee of course). But I have to admit direct debit will help, what I really do not understand is that you want to do things yourselves, help (against very reasonable prices are available)

I bought my apartment through state agent on November 2021, then my apartment was rented through another agent for one year and eight months to get back my apartment from tenant it was very difficult due the Turkish law so I straggling to get back and this is due to rogue state agent, so how can I go back to this crooked agent and asked him to help me . You definitely have a honest state agent, this doesn't apply to all agents.

Thanks.

If you had a bad agent?

-Why did you choose him (real estate agent)

-Why did you not clarify things upfront?

-Just pay some money (many things can be arranged)

-... many more items

Just ask assistance (I do not mean lawyer) where is you real estate agent and if not good why did you choose him. Life can be easy (my agent assisted us with almost everything (electricty, water, Ikamet, changing of driving license, bank accounts (for me and my wife), local taxes, furniture, repairs, new TV)

Why did you choose an agent as yours, money can buy quality and service.

@Turkey2023 In which area do you live?

Hi, my apartment is located in Sisli 19 Mayis area. I don't know  any person in this area as I still live in UK,  I only go in Istanbul to stay two months for holiday every six months. I am retired person seventy two years old. Cheers .

@Turkey2023

Hi, similar to my position, live in UK and visit Turkey only on holidays.

But unlike you, i am buying property in Kushadasi and will stay there when retire.

I think remaining active on the forum, will help you to meet people who live/visit istanbul. good luck.