Scorpions, tarantulas And large cock roaches in MX.

Afraid Of Scorpions, Tarantulas And Large Cock Roaches.  Where is the best place to move in Mexico with a low chance of seeing these insects?  I know that I can't fully avoid them.

Your best option is to remain in bed with a can of bug spray. Lol

My experiences with your list of vermin. I live in the south of MX in the state of Campeche. (Six hours by car from Cancun)  I am on the Gulf of MX. Hot and humid. 

Living/working here for 14 yrs I have seen one tarantula in a dwelling.  That was in the state of Chiapis. I have not seen any scorpians while living in an urban situation. NOTE: My caveat. For three weeks I was living on a cattle ranch with a mix of cleared pasture and jungle. Many scorpians. I was stung. I was a rookie wearing flip flops. Never again...only running shoes and normal shoes. Cockroaches. Many after a  rain. They will come out of floor drains if the drain pipes lack integrity. I, maximally, have see two to three cucarachas annually in my dwelling.

My biggest problem is  ants, ants ,ants. They are every where...small red ants. Their proclivities vary by geo location. Ants in Ciudad del Carmen love electronics. They would nest in printed circuit boards (refrigerators, computers and printers)  A funny story. I had washed and naturally dried my hair. I woke in the middle of the night with my scalp itching. I thought  I had not adequately rinsed my hair. Many ants were in my hair harvesting flakes of dried scalp. That was a one time event in a city 130 miles from my present location. Here in Campeche I keep a clean kitchen. Immediately, when I see ants scouting my counter top a put a few drops of liquid "Terro" (Available in Home Depot.) The ants carry it back to the nest and feed the occupants to their detriment.

Best of Luck

Hello everyone,

@First Last, thank you for taking the time to share your personal experiences with us.

Many ants were in my hair harvesting flakes of dried scalp

That was something! 1f606.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

You could consider San Miguel de Allende. In my 6 years here I have seen 2 scorpions, several black widow spiders, about 6 or so cochroaches, many crickets and lots of small black ants.

A few cochroaches have managed to get in the house. One black widow. Lots of tiny crickets and lots of ants. In the case of the ants I track down where they are coming from and then I liberally spray their best with poison. That stops them for about 3 months. In the case of the crickets I have never determined where they are originating from. I just squash each one I see. They usually come out at night and are sometimes visible when you switch on a light.

Never had a scorpion in the house yet. The house is fairly well sealed so that can't get in. However, there are small holes here and there where the smaller insects can get in. I have tried to find and seal them but obviously have not found all of them. This house was new 3 years ago. Construction is not as good as it could be.

Sorry for my delay in responding.  Thanks so very much!!!  Since the termites might eat up my furniture and anything metal will rust, maybe MX is not for me.

@Lena Johnson I want to let you know that you can get a place there in MX that will be good for you but it's just that you then i have to make something deal before you parked into the place. I would be the Agent to look for better place you can stay in MX here well what are your terms and conditions let me know something Lena?

Are you up for it and it is going to cost you not much but going to drop an upfront first?

Let me know what you think