New to Aracaju, Brazil

Hello. I will be moving to Brazil soon - probably within the next six weeks. I am retiring and am moving to Aracaju as my son and his family live there. I'd like to connect with expats living in Aracaju. Does anyone in this group live in Aracaju or nearby?

01/16/23 @Alstromeria55.   Welcome!  Aracaju is a wonderful place -- enjoy it.  I lived there once a long time ago; no longer, but lots of happy memories.

Closest I think you will find American Expats on the Northeast is Natal, RN, given there is an US Military Base there.

Short of Fortaleza, CE ( I stand to be corrected ), no other place for direct flights other and Sao Paulo and Rio. 

If you are to spend considerable amount of time in Aracaju, and depending upon your stamina and willpower, I would

1.Scout all sites in the vicinity that are tourist worthy of being seen., 

2.Develop some kind of bond with the local Tourism Bureau ( Secretaria de Turismo Municipal )  to see what kind of promotional help you can get.

3.Partner with hoteliers, restaurateurs, to earn from your promotional efforts.

4.Visit Craftsmen outlets, places where local staples are made.

5.Get a decent DLSR camera, and start Vlogging.

6.Manage to secure transportation of your own.,  I assume public transportation there is subpar.

7.Above all, master your Portuguese.

I was surprised that promotional visitor's materials in Brazil tend to be piss poor.  In just about every quaint small town that is remotely tourist attractive, they managed to create pocket sized materials to be stuffed at the region's Visitor's Convention & Bureau.

You will need something like this to maintain some level of sanity, as you will deal with culture shock and some level of frustration  with Brazilians at times.

And remember, every problem ain't a problem.  It is an unsolved opportunity. So, wipe out the world problem from your vernacular. 

@Alstromeria55 Did you make it to Aracaju?  I visited there last summer and loved it.  I am planning to return shortly.

Bob

I was just in Aracaju today. I live in Praia Caueira a little over an hour from there.Any info needed please ask. There is many types of transportation to use but it is best to use uber.

Hello. Yes, I did make it to Aracaju. I just arrived yesterday afternoon and am settling in now. I have been here five times before. My son lives here and is married to a Brazilian.

Hello. It's nice to know that another expat lives so close to Aracaju. I just arrived yesterday with my cat and we are settling in.

03/03/23 Hello. Yes, I did make it to Aracaju. I just arrived yesterday afternoon and am settling in now. I have been here five times before. My son lives here and is married to a Brazilian.
-@Alstromeria55

Welcome -- enjoy Brazil!

@Alstromeria55 Hello, I'm Chance. I will be moving there in November to live with my wife. Would love to connect with you.

@Alstromeria55 My wife tells me it's beautiful.

09/16/23 @chancecollins2002.  Welcome!  We were just back to visit Aracaju in July, and it's more beautiful and better than ever.  Enjoy!

@Alstromeria55  are you still in Aracaju? I'll be here for the next 2 months if you'd like to meet.

@Alstromeria55 We live in Aracaju part time. we should start weekly meetings for expats !