Natal anyone?

We live close to Natal, in a rural setting, just would like to meet our ex-pat neighbors, if we had any. Jay and Claudia

@ClaudiaMonica Enjoy!

I have only one item left on my Bucket List. That is to get a Dune Buggy from WAKE SUPER BUGGY NATAL. They make the coolest dune buggys in all of Brazil. Check it out.

Roddie in Retirement1f575.svg

Welcome to the "neighborhood" @ClaudiaMonica. Rural, urban, beach or interior, the northeast is an incredible place.

I live inland from João Pessoa. My wife and I are huge fans of the whole region but currently focus a lot on the interior "caatinga," a fascinating semi-arid gem.

Matt & Verônica

Hello Matt and Veronica,

Yay, it's good to hear that you are there and enjoying it. My husband doesn't speak much Portugues, i make do, since I am originally from Buenos Aires, but lived in the States most of my life. If you would like to chat, here is Jay's whatsapp 84 98112-4799, and of course give us a holler if you both come up this way. Be well, Claudia and Jay

@mberigan We live on the island of Itamaracá down the BR101 from you! How far inland in PB are you - we visited Pai Mateus a while back - very nice!

Peter, Pai Mateus is a great place to experience the semi-arid "caatinga" biome. I spend a lot of time in that area currently.

I'm familiar with Itamaracá. The beaches around there are great low-tide places for kids. But I have to admit it has been 20+ years since I've been there.

Claudia, I'll send a note to Jay. Isn't there a bit of an Argentinian contingent there in Pipa? Before passing, I had a good friend in PB from Argentina: Lia Monica Rossi was a talented person who documented what is called Art Déco Sertanejo, an architectural design found around the northeast but currently in rapid decay. Search it up.

MaatB

Hey, thank you Matt! I will certainly look up the Art Deco Sertanejo, sounds intriguing. Looks like you like Art too, so if you want to see some of my work, my instagram is claudialange.art. best regards to you both! Claudia and Jay