Day visit to a Beachcomber or similar

Dear all,

Is it possible for a non hotel guest to visit a Beachcomber (or similar) hotel to spend a few hours and use facilities such as the pool and beach for a fee for a day?

Dear all,
Is it possible for a non hotel guest to visit a Beachcomber (or similar) hotel to spend a few hours and use facilities such as the pool and beach for a fee for a day?
-@SuchetaP

@SuchetaP, I have stayed at several Beachcombers and invited local friends to spend the day and yes, there is a way.  You will need to contact the concierge services desk and make a booking there and the fee will depend on how long and what facilities you would use.  However, I am not sure if you can just drop in and get a day pass without being invited by one of the guests.  It may be easier to book for one night.  You may want to call the hotel and check.

Hope that this helps.

Hi

the beachcomber in Trou aux biches costs 1500rs for a day pass. But you must  book your day in advance

Hi
the beachcomber in Trou aux biches costs 1500rs for a day pass. But you must book your day in advance
-@amaliaaddis

Thank you.  Beachcomber Trou aux Biches is a beautiful site.  Do you happen to know whether this day pass access fee is applicable to all Beachcomber sites or just at that particular one?

Beachcomber also gives guests who are already staying with them the option to spend their day at the other Beachcomber resorts on the island (including meals and drinks if you are on the all-inclusive package)

If for instance you are staying at the 4-star Victoria Beachcomber, you can arrange to spend days at their other 4-star resorts, Mauricia, Canonnier and Shandrani and vice-versa.

If you are staying at a 5-star resort, you can spend days between Paradis, Dinarobin, Trou aux Biches and the Royal Palm.

The other Rogers Hospitality / NMH resorts (Heritage Resorts, Veranda Resorts, Voila and Kaz'alala) as well as their competitor, the Leal Group affiliates (Attitude Hotels and Sunlife (previously Sun international) ) also offer similar swop-outs between their comparitive resorts.

I gather however that this is not for yourself but friends/family…

then I suggest that they look at the day package deals that are regularly updated on the Deals dot mu website here:

https://deals.mu/hotel-day-packages-deals-mauritians/

one proviso though is that they have to be Mauritian residents (they must show their Mauritian Residence cards)

another similar Mauritian deals site is Otayo dotcom

https://deals.mu/hotel-day-packages-deals-mauritians/

one proviso though is that they have to be Mauritian residents (they must show their Mauritian Residence cards)

another similar Mauritian deals site is Otayo dotcom
-@Ceresiet

@Ceresiet, thank you for the very useful information.  Wished that I knew all this before.  The special day packages are definitely better online than buying from the concierge desk.  I will stay at 2 attitude hotels this June but this ability to visit other sites is definitely a great way to arrange get togethers closer to where my friends live.

What is a Mauritian Residence Card?  I have a NIC and passport but I am learning about this card for the first time.

@prospectorland thank you so much. Ok, I will check with the conceierge for more details and booking. Have a lovely day. 1f64f.svg

@Ceresiet thank you for the most detailed reply. I will look up the deals site you have mentioned. It will be lovely to be able to spend some time in the beautiful beachside properties.. Have a lovely day.