Noisy frogs

Hello,  both times ive been in Mauritius ive been fascinated by the noise created by what i Believe are frogs or toads. Are those frogs big & could someone put a pic of the noisy frogs? Would be embarrassing if it wasnt frogs.  Merry christmas everyone.  Im sitting in the cold north with snow,  longing to relocate to Mauritius.

Hello Macmac, they are buffalo toads also called bufos. They are much bigger than regular toads. You can type 'pictures of bufos' to see how they look.
Geneviève

Thankyou very much.  Good for my curiousity

Hi,

Just curious ... of all the things that you encountered in Mauritius, what made you recall of the sound of the toads?

Today, I thought of the gloomy and rainy days in London.
We are just having one of those days in Mauritius (at least if you live in the Plaine Wilhems) albeit without the cold temperature.

If you plan to relocate to Mauritius, then make the most of the White Christmas and boxing day sales. I'm pretty sure, you won't find them here. :-)

Cheers,
GJ

Probably just because its so different from where i live (Sweden). Im also very interested in animals.  Ofc i encountered things that made a bigger impression on me,  but i wanted to know the answer about the noisy frogs,  who i found a little amusing, since they were so noisy that it was hard to hold a conversation sometimes

I'm so pleased to hear there are frogs.  My husband and I are about to relocate to Mauritius and one of the things I thought I was going to miss was the frog chorus that goes on all night here and gets louder in the rainy season!

Along with barking geckos, screeching bats, monkey's and zebra doves :)