Single Permit March 2023 processing

My application is sent on 9th of March and it found admissible in 17th of April. Since then there is no news about my work permit and apperantly it is sent to another government agency/third partner/manager (I called the economy of immigration office thousand of times and these are what I heard/they sent my document somewhere they cannot tell but there are the names that they have to this department)

So I wonder if this is a general problem for the applications sent in March or just personal.

I did also my application almost same time frame (a few weeks difference)

It seems like there is a general problem as its taking so long...

After acceptance by Single permit office(Ministry) it is sent to residence permit and now a days residence permit office is taking about 2-3 months to reply, or it at least took so much time for me!

As I know after your work permit approved, it can go to residence permit and yes which takes more time. Did your work permit is approved already or when did you apply?

Well, single permit is just an administrative adjustment that combine work permit and residence permit.

Work permit is under controlled by the Work Department

Residence permit is under controlled by Ministry of Foreigners.

So it should go from that department to the other as well indicated on the ministry website and it should take 3-4.5months in total.

For me RP took almost 2 month, indeed this year it takes time. Work permit just 5 days to get approved

Hello, I applied for a work permit on April 14th, 2023, and it's admissible on 18th April 2023. till now, I didn't get any response from the ministry. My current RP got expired on 31st May 2023. Is there any issue at the Ministry? I am supposed to join in a new job from August 1st, 2023, and they are asking me for the latest RP copy to initiate WP. I don't know what can I do? Can you please assist me on this. Thank you.

Hello, whenever your work permit is approved, you can have Annex 49 and with this document, the municipality can extend your residence.

Hello Everyone - I have recently signed a contract with my Belgian employer. I am based out in India and  a third-party immigration company has submitted by Single permit application on behalf of my employer. The application was submitted on 17 Jul 2023. Can anyone suggest any probable timeline to get my work permit and residence permit? Many thanks in advance.

@Sydayv Check this thread https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 71#5718455

Hello Everyone - I have recently signed a contract with my Belgian employer. I am based out in India and a third-party immigration company has submitted by Single permit application on behalf of my employer. The application was submitted on 17 Jul 2023. Can anyone suggest any probable timeline to get my work permit and residence permit? Many thanks in advance.
-@Sydayv

My application was submitted on 17 July this year. My employer recently got an email in which Belgium Authorities requested some specific line to be added into the contract (in dutch). It was submitted today(24 Aug)

posting my status:

2nd time applying for a single permit due to change of employer

Region: Brussels

Submission: July 28th

WP: waiting

RP: waiting

Anyone submitted in Brussels got updates on their WP?

Hello Team,

I have received no reply email on 10th May 2023 and i got work permit approval on 5th July and now waiting for single permit approval. Any idea  on when can i expect this ?

Type: Initial Single Permit

Region: Flanders (Antwerpen)

No-Reply email: 10/05/2023

Work Permit: 5th July 2023

Single Permit: Pending

@shrikant mete Hi,

Ask your employer to ask for a status of it. Then they can bring your document on top.

As you know most people were on vacation and they are slowly coming back to work. Paper load would be more than usual, so unless its a special case/ enquired case you may have to wait longer.

When I was in this situation, my employer made an enquiry and then I got the approval on the same day.

posting my status:

@BMM996210 : Thanks for this information. I will connect with my employer on this.

posting my status:

-@Cy276

Update: WP approval - August 31st

Best of luck to everyone!

Hi everyone, I have received my approved work permit but am still waiting for my single permit.

My question is; does any one know the reason why I am asked to scan all my passport pages and send to them?

@valenvip7

To keep track of your movements through the entry and exit stamps.

May i ask how many days after WP approval did they ask for a scanned copy of all the pages?!

@mohanealabib

Thanks for the response but they asked me to scan all pages from my passport and send to them after a month that thy approved my work permit…..

@mohanealabib
Thanks for the response but they asked me to scan all pages from my passport and send to them after a month that thy approved my work permit…..

-@valenvip7

hello,

most likely they are finishing your residency. And would like to see places you traveled to.

if you have already sent, you should get your RP pretty quick now.

ive seen some people that got requested same, then a few days later they were granted the Annex 46

Hi Everyone,

My employer applied for my work permit on 12 May, after that I received one email communication on 18 August where it was mentioned that my WP is approved and I will receive any email in coming weeks with Annex 46 copy however, I have'nt received anything yet.

This is for Flanders region in Belgium. Does any know when will I receive my Annex 46.

Can we do anything to expedite it as my client asked me to join in October.

Please share your valuable inputs.

@Vikas D

My WP got approved on 2nd Aug and they told me to wait 6 to 8 weeks for Annex 46. Flanders region.

As far as i know there is no way to speed up the procedure.

hello, currently i'm in belgium working with single permit, but i have find other job, and the employer make request to change my permit. i have send him my passport ma carte type A valid and proof of assurance.

I just want to ask how long it will take to get answer for my new permit and could be able to start the new job??????

@Caki90 Thanks for your inputs. This is really frustrating just keep on waiting that long.

@Caki90 Same dates of approval . but itz already been 7 weeks and my employer wants me to join on Oct 2nd

@Vikas D, Hi Vikas, I have applied for for single permit on 10th may and still waiting for RP. I can see there are few applications submitted in June and received RP already . I dont understand process of selecting application. Employer always said wait and nothing more than that

@shrikant mete

That's true, it's too complicated to understand the process.

@LL-1

Thanks a lot for you answer, you mean that if i have annex 49 or in my case residence card, it would be more quicker ??

This
    @junaydcheriti
I am in the same situation in Brussels region.

My employer applied for the single permit and I received the "no reply mail" on 31/07/2023. Then, my work permit was approved this week on 18/09/2023.

As I was already in possession of annex 49 due to the renewal of the permit of residence, I was told in the commune that having received the work permit approval and with my current annex 49, I am allowed to start working in the new job.

Hope you start soon too!

-@LL-1

This is strange. I have not received no reply email but the application was submit on August 4, bu tille now I have no response from Flanders.

How to they decide which file to treat First. It seems not to chronological.

Update:

Got the RP finally.

Flanders first time application

Submitted - 15 May

WP- 14 July

RP- 25 September

Good luck everyone for your process!

Hi does anyone know a number that i can call to get the belgium foreign affairs to enquire over my single permit applIcation?

Update :

Recieved single permit

Application date  - 25th May

WP approval - 2nd August

RP approval - 26th September

Hi, updating you:

I got the RP approval already!

Region: Flanders

Type of visa: Highly skilled worker ("renew request single permit fixed duration by Belgian employer" since my current visa is the search year visa)

Submitted: 31 May

Work permit approval: 26 July

Residence permit approval: 29 Sept

Now, I am going to apply for my residence card from the city hall. Thank you for all your help in relieving my anxiety! Hoping you get yours too

Hello Everyone,

I have a question for all of you about the single permit.

I moved to Brussels last June. (single permit + work visa). I got my residence permit card at the end of July. It'll expire on December 31st because my work permit was given till that date by the Ministry of Economy.

I got my contract extension till the end of May 2025. Now I'm waiting to prepare my new contract by HR. After I get it, our HR department will start my single permit procedure again. Do you think that can I receive both WP and RP approval by the end of December 2023?

My first application period took a long. At that time, I was outside Belgium. Another concern is that there will be the Christmas holidays in December.

I would be glad if you share your ideas, and if you have suggestions, feel free to let me know. :)

Region Flanders:

First time application: 16/06/2023

Working permit: 24/08/2023

RP: 05/10/2023

Good luck guys…….

Hi All,

I have a query with respect to changing the Visa type for my spouse so if anyone already went through below or have knowledge about this, please advise

my Belgian employer applied for my single permit through Flanders region in April and i got my single permit in August end and Visa stamped on 12th september. I had applied family reunification together for my wife and child which was sent to FPS on 7th Sep..So while waiting for the Visa for my wife, She also got an opportunity and the employer is willing to file required permit for her as well.

Question - Since my wife's application is already with Belgium Immigration department is it fine to request them to change the visa type to single permit and provide required document or

shall we wait for her dependent visa and start the processing once we are in belgium. I read somewhere single permit cant be filed while in Belgium, so any other process we should go for.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Hello, my name is Abdul Rasheed, I am from Afghanistan, currently living in United Arab Emirates, I want to come to Belgium for work. I am 22 years old

@ievgenfeldmann

Hello, I would like to ask a question base on your post, are we able to start to work when the work permit is well received? I will start my whole single permit application from zero very soon. Thank you in advance!

Application: 26.07.2023

WP: 23.08.2023

RP: 20.10.2023

good luck to all applicants.