Working at SSRN Hospital

Hi guys,

My name is Nora (a med student from Germany) and me and a friend will start as interns in the SSRN hospital in january and will be there for two to three months.

We are really exited to work and live in Mauritius, but also a bit concerned on how to find a furnished apartment close to the hospital for a short period of time. If you have any tips and recommendations we would be really thankful.

Thanks a lot

Nora :)

@norawi Hi Nora

I am an international student studying medicine at University of Mauritius. Two other students and I live at Port Chambly. It's close to SSRN and I am sure you will be able to arrange a short term rental here.

Best

Tian Venter

@norawi Hello Nora,

Welcome on board !

Feel free to create a "looking for" advert in the Housing in Mauritius section of the website. You might get some offers.

You may also search on websites such as lexpressproperty.mu and weshare.mu

Regards

Bhavna

Welcome Nora. I am sure you will fit in and enjoyt the summer. Please brush up on your french, it will help everywhere.

Moderated by Bhavna 9 months ago
Reason : Irrelevant/asking personal questions not related to the topic
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hey guys thank you so much for the responses and tips.

@Bhavna I will definitely check out the websites you suggested and also write an advert in the housing section.

@TianV, thats really nice to hear. How did you find your apartment ? Over the internet, or did your university arrange something ?

Thanks a lot guys im really looking forward to spend some time im Mauritius.

@norawi Hello! I am also interning in 2025 and I am from Germany as well. Can you help with some paperwork issues? Please let me know if so under ***as soon as you can - or here as well.

I'm doing last year rotations in sugar in 2025 and apparently there is no university that wants to sign the certificate at the end of the internship (Victoria Hospital). That seems very strange to me...I tried every contact already... do you know more?

Thank you very much in advance!

Moderated by Bhavna 6 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you

Hi my name is Max and i am a Student from Austria who will start his internship in April 2024. Just wanted to ask if you have figured out a good way to find accomodation and if you could send me a contact or tell me aboput tzhe experience you have made regarding this subject.

Kind regards

Maximilian Knapp

Join up a couple other interns and there is a lovely place coming up in valka estate, phone ***

Moderated by Bhavna 2 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you

@Mohmeenamh

Thanks a lot! I will call tomorrow!:)

@Mohmeenamh

Hi! as the given Phone number was blocked by the website, I wanted to ask if you could send it again:) So is this a shared apartement with other interns?

Kind regards and I am looking forward to hearing from you

Maximilian Knapp

@Maxknapp0403

Hello, feel free to contact the member in private by clicking on his username.

Regards

Bhavna

@Maxknapp0403

Moderated by Bhavna last month
Reason : Please share your ad in private or in the Housing section. Thank you