Grand Baie Vs Flic En Flac?

Has anyone lived in both areas and can provide any thoughts or pros/cons of each place?

I'm currently looking in the north, looking for a property to rent but I'm also interested in Flic En Flac.

I don't have a car and so could only really do a day trip to Flic En Flac to check out properties and the local area (which isn't really long enough to get a proper feel for a place).

If anyone's lived or frequently visited both places I would appreciate any thoughts you have.

@homefarm Hi I have visited and love the north . Weather all year round it good . It is also convenient location
I have just bought a flat in Perybere in a new development  and I going to go for rental soon
[link moderated] for further details 

Hey!

So I think in short it depends on what kind of person you are.
My partner and I moved to Mauritius on a premium visa a couple months ago.
To begin with we were looking in the North after reading a lot about how great it is online.
However after being there a month we decided it wasn't really right for us. We are very active people and like to go on hikes /bike rides etc, and also enjoy good scenery: mountains, jungles etc.
We found that the North around grand Bay was very flat, without a huge amount to do in the immediate vicinity off the water (or out of the bars). In my opinion the North is perfect for a holiday, or for a relaxed time in general.

We decided to get an air bnb in tamarin (near flic en flac) for a couple days, jumped on the bus to port Louis and then on to tamarin. We arranged some property viewings and also took some time to talk around and take In the area.
It is a lot more mountainous and scenic than the north, with more immediate access to nature spots (black river Gorge national Park and others).
This means more to do in terms of hiking /cycling/exploring.  Especially if you don't drive, it's better to be in cycling distance of these places rather than in the North where its a half day bus journey.

So in summary, from my recent experience, it depends on you.
- The North = chill, beaches, shopping, bars, restaurants and boats
- The West = active, mountains, surfing, hiking, national park, smaller and less access to big malls.

I'm sure some people who have been here longer may disagree but that's just my take.

Feel free to get in touch, we have a house in black river and are always happy to meet new people!
Hey!

So I think in short it depends on what kind of person you are.
My partner and I moved to Mauritius on a premium visa a couple months ago.
To begin with we were looking in the North after reading a lot about how great it is online.
However after being there a month we decided it wasn't really right for us. We are very active people and like to go on hikes /bike rides etc, and also enjoy good scenery: mountains, jungles etc.
We found that the North around grand Bay was very flat, without a huge amount to do in the immediate vicinity off the water (or out of the bars). In my opinion the North is perfect for a holiday, or for a relaxed time in general.

We decided to get an air bnb in tamarin (near flic en flac) for a couple days, jumped on the bus to port Louis and then on to tamarin. We arranged some property viewings and also took some time to talk around and take In the area.
It is a lot more mountainous and scenic than the north, with more immediate access to nature spots (black river Gorge national Park and others).
This means more to do in terms of hiking /cycling/exploring.  Especially if you don't drive, it's better to be in cycling distance of these places rather than in the North where its a half day bus journey.

So in summary, from my recent experience, it depends on you.
- The North = chill, beaches, shopping, bars, restaurants and boats
- The West = active, mountains, surfing, hiking, national park, smaller and less access to big malls.

I'm sure some people who have been here longer may disagree but that's just my take.

Feel free to get in touch, we have a house in black river and are always happy to meet new people!
- @joshintheuk

Thanks Josh! It's strange how much your thoughts/experiences echo my own. We also moved to Grand Baie (Troux Aux Biches) after reading about it online. However, since arriving we're struggling with similar things. Without a car, unless you're living in the centre of Grand Baie there isn't much to do in the areas surrounding it and then even if you're in Gran Baie you're limited to activities in the centre.

It sounds that the west of the island may be better for us as we're very much into hiking, cycling, etc.

Did you hire your bikes or purchase them?
Just Inbixed you bud
Ive been to both...but only short visits to the north.
Does anyone have any thoughts on the East Coast?