Trying to find a friend in Sweden

Hi,  I'm new to this forum. I'm originally from the Philippines but is now living and working here in the UK.         

I don't reside in Sweden and have never been there but used to know somebody from Stockholm. I would very much like to reconnect with him but unfortunately my searches has led me to find a grave.com or something stating that he passed away in 2015.

I would very much like to find out what happened and if he has a family that I can contact. I am planning to visit Stockholm next summer even to just visit his grave as I got a full info about that but I am just worried if he is the correct person. Anyone who can point me to the right direction to find out more will be highly appreciated. I know his complete name, date of birth, his father's name, his old address and the place he used to work.

@lizrh58

Hello and welcome !

Try to create an advert in the Sweden classifieds under the missing people section so that we may share your ad in the newsletter.

However please note that sensitive and private info such as names etc will not be accepted as we don't know whether the person wants his name to be posted online.

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna

Hello Bhavna! Thank you for getting back to me. I really appreciate your kindness. I prefer though if you could give me a name of a government agency where I can approach to find out what I want to know. That way I will not be exposing him or his family if he did got married and have children. As i mentioned in my previous post I plan to come to Sweden next summer so I can do it personally then.

Again, many thanks 1f60d.svg1f60d.svg1f60d.svg

Liz

just try googling it

something like https://www.google.com/search?q=find+a+friend+in+Sweden&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

@davissgurban

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply. I have tried using search engine and google using the person's whole name and also his address known to me ( we used to write to each other years ago) unfortunately nothing comes up. I have one result from google which pointed me to a website called findagrave .There it states the person's date of birth ( which is the same with what I know ), his date of death and where he is buried. I just want to confirm if this is true as I was planning to come to Sweden for a holiday either next year or the year after and would be great to reconnect with somebody I know from there. Bear in mind though that I haven't heard from this person though for over 30 years.

Would you be able to tell me please if there is an office or government agency in Stockholm that I can go to, to find out about this person?  Again, thank you so much for taking the time to answer me.