Advice regarding building my own house.

Hello everyone,

Please could someone here advice what is required after acquisition of land to build the own house.

1.Boundary Wall → Is this shared or mine. If I build the wall all around my plot, then who maintains it. I will only see the wall inside my plot. What happens to the other side. Am I obliged to cement render it or just leave it as it is.How far from boundary line should this wall be build.

2.Any recommendations for 3D house designers .I have a plan what I would like to achieve, however i need a professional to put it on a paper and submit to the government department. As expected there are few charlatans in the field which I would like to avoid.

3.How high can I build the house if building only G+1 with pitched roof.

I would appreciated if someone could point me in the right direction as I have no experience of building in Mauritius.

@SvDb1923 i built my own house at camp caval floréal first it was handled by a contractor but was so disappointed that i have to take over my self get my workers pay them weekly now moving in next week maybe you can do the same

Good morning,

I can assist with 3 D presentations for your home as well as doing the working drawings from your sketch layouts'.

I practiced as an Architect in South Africa for the past 50 years so have a large amount of experience in the design and all aspects to the construction process but am not licensed to operate as an Architect in Mauritius as I am told that my qualifications do not meet with the requirements of the Architects Act in Mauritius.

I am however registered as an Architectural Draughts person in Mauritius so am allowed to do the 3D presentations and working drawings from your sketches.

I am semi-retired and somewhat bored at the moment and will be willing to assist at a very favorable rate. Also, I would like to get some more experience in the procedures adopted in Mauritius for the production if working drawings.

If you're interested, please reply and we can make contact in accordance with the site rules.

Boundary wall - If you pay for boundary wall - it is yours. You only have to look after your side. I just had mine rendered & painted on my side & left the other side raw. The distance from your boundary lines & structures should be in your land purchase contract - eg, it may say building has to be 1m from boundary line. Fence goes on boundary line unless otherwise specified in contract. Your architect & contractor will advise you on specifications when he applies for building permit. For height - again check contract & run it by your architect/builder. My builder is also an architect - message me if you want his details.

hi

i need to ask how close to my own boundary wall can i build stairs for the 2nd floor ?

according to mauritius act and laws ?

looking forward for a quick reply

@Fariha990   See above, it depends on your purchase contract. It should give you specifications. Generally it is at least a metre from boundary wall though - depending on area. Your architect should be able to guide you before submitting your plans.