Teaching English Online as a Foreign Language while living in Egypt

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share some knowledge for anyone who is searching for easier, legit remote job to work, while living in Egypt. One option that works for me is teaching English as a Second Language. If you are moving from an English speaking country (such as the United States), you can teach ESL for many countries just because you are a native speaker.

Some websites require certification, but there are two I've used that accept applicants without a degree! I did not have a degree starting out, but the company's are looking moreso for motivated, energetic individuals who can converse with students. Materials are provided and you can basically teach from their presentations. You also do not need to be a citizen of an English speaking country in order to work either! Just proficient in English!

The first website (Cambly) pays $10.20/hr tutoring adults and $12/hr tutoring children. The second website (Native Camp) pays between $6/hr to $9/hr. If you live in timezone areas between UTC 0 to UTC +12 (Egypt is in the timezone), you will also be more likely to gain a lot students!

If you are interested, please visit the links below to apply. :

Cambly Application:

cambly.com

Native Camp Application:

If you do not have experience with ESL and want to develop your skills further, I'd also recommend acquiring a TESL certificate through an online, accredited university like International Open Academy. It is recognized worldwide as a CE/CPD (continued education) institution and occasionally has great deals for courses. Visit the link here to browse their courses: internationalopenacademy.com

Hope this helps anyone interested in seeking remote work, while living in Egypt!

@Briana95

Thanks Briana.This is very helpful.

@faithhope301 No problem! Hope it works out well for you!

Moderated by Bhavna 6 months ago
Reason : Referral links are not allowed on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

the web not working???