Hi every body

Hi every body.
I'm Faida Iraqi national, I've been living in Egypt for more than 7 years. I feel alone because I left my friends in Iraq.
Here I do'nt have real friends. You feel that every one here is not interested in friendship.
i hope to share my experience as expatriate and find real friends.
Regards.
Faida

Hi Fadia, hope u r good. I live in Cairo, Maadi. I'd like to meet new friends too.
Im a norwegia but originally from iraq.
Feel free to email me on my yahoo zaidoon121@yahoo.com

Regards,

Zaidoon

Hi Zaidon,
Thanks for your message.I'm happy to meet Iraqi on this site
it will be a nice chance especially I have been more than 7 years in Egypt.
Regards.
Faida

Hi Fadia, thanks for ur reply. It would by so nice if we meet for a cup of coffe and chat.
Please feel free to contact me on my email zaidoon121@yahoo.com or mob. 01129461263.

Regards,

Zaidoon

Hi Zaidon,
The only way we can meet is this site, sorry for inconvenience.
Faida

Faida albayati wrote:

Hi every body.
I'm Faida Iraqi national, I've been living in Egypt for more than 7 years. I feel alone because I left my friends in Iraq.
Here I do'nt have real friends. You feel that every one here is not interested in friendship.
i hope to share my experience as expatriate and find real friends.
Regards.
Faida

Hey Faida , welcome to Egypt , wishing you all the best in your new place :)

Thanks Sema, very nice to hear from you.

Salam Faida,

Most people in Egypt are interested in money. You can ask an Egyptian and you will be told this.
A foreigner does initially attract lot of attention and everybody wants to be friend.

As soon as they see they cannot generate any profit or benefit from this friendship they will soon leave you.

It is sad, but except few exemptions, people only care about their own family and what benefits them.

erikabrio wrote:

Salam Faida,

Most people in Egypt are interested in money. You can ask an Egyptian and you will be told this.
A foreigner does initially attract lot of attention and everybody wants to be friend.

As soon as they see they cannot generate any profit or benefit from this friendship they will soon leave you.

It is sad, but except few exemptions, people only care about their own family and what benefits them.

MOST PEOPLE IN EGYPT!!!!!! Totally disagree , you don't know egyptians very well or you might faced a bad experience with some .. this a very friendly and kind country

Salam Erikabrio,
I may agree with the last line you wrote"people only care about their own family and what benefits them" ; but I'd rarher not generalize by saying most of Egyptians interest in money only, Actually there are many who are friendly and nice to acquaint with, and I wish to find such people. I wish someone to proof that there is real frienship in this world.

erikabrio, So again why are you here and not in your wonderful non-profit seeking country??

I am here because I am muslim and I made migration fi sabilillah (hijrah) which is compulsory for every muslim who is able to.

I don't intend to generalise. Though I live in a place where there are only Egyptians, and 'loosing interest' in a foreigner who does not disburse money it is rather common.

I travelled extensively in the ME, and I have to say that this trait is more common in Egypt, then let's say Iran, or Jordan.

Of course there are good and bad people everywhere, but I'd like to add that the words I reported came out from Egyptians while discussing the topic with them.

It is a common belief in Egypt that all foreigners are rich and somehow they will benefit from attending the 'ajnaabi' circle.

This is most evident even in this website. Some Egyptians pretend to be expatriates or try to infiltrate in expatriates circles, acting 'westerner' and one must be blind not to see this.

After posting an add about my company services, I had been repeatedly stalked by Egyptians wanting free services and favours, and pretending to be what they are not.

It is really something Egyptians should think about. The opportunistic attitude is there in this country, and it is not that general, it is rather common.

Everyone has his or her opinion without generalising  :) or judging , welcome to Egypt everyone :)
Farida i hope you can find a realy good friends soon , i understand the feeling of being alone in a new place ,new culture ...... so good luck :)
And Mr Erikabrio .. congratulation for you converting into Islam :) , wishing you the same of finding good people around you and best of luck with your business

I'm sorry you had to go through this erikabrio... I agree with you and at the same time we aren't suppose to generalize... but you are right, just be careful with who you "hang out" with...

So Faida, take erikabrio suggestion into consideration, just don't believe anyone simply... I know of a friend who i met on this website and she got robbed on one of her outings from a guy who she met here (i'm not trying to scare you!)... however on this website you'll meet plenty of great people! I live in maadi so let me know if you are ever around.

erikabrio wrote:

I am here because I am muslim and I made migration fi sabilillah (hijrah) which is compulsory for every muslim who is able to.

I don't intend to generalise. Though I live in a place where there are only Egyptians, and 'loosing interest' in a foreigner who does not disburse money it is rather common.

I travelled extensively in the ME, and I have to say that this trait is more common in Egypt, then let's say Iran, or Jordan.

Of course there are good and bad people everywhere, but I'd like to add that the words I reported came out from Egyptians while discussing the topic with them.

It is a common belief in Egypt that all foreigners are rich and somehow they will benefit from attending the 'ajnaabi' circle.

This is most evident even in this website. Some Egyptians pretend to be expatriates or try to infiltrate in expatriates circles, acting 'westerner' and one must be blind not to see this.

After posting an add about my company services, I had been repeatedly stalked by Egyptians wanting free services and favours, and pretending to be what they are not.

It is really something Egyptians should think about. The opportunistic attitude is there in this country, and it is not that general, it is rather common.

Thanks Pilotage for your advice, although I'd prefer to give me some details about the girl who was robbed by a guy whome she met here! How did this happen?I'll be grateful if you tell me, so as to prevent such situations.

As I said before, there are individuals systematically try to approach foreigners for the sake of obtaining some benefits, or robbed them or whatever. They think they are an opportunity, a way to change their lives or even to leave the country.

In 2010 the Egyptian Gov try to make mixed marriages between Egyptians and foreigners more difficult after embassies complaints of guys that were 'serial marriage scammers'.
There are well organised, 24/7 men in Egypt just working on approaching tourists and expatriates, involving credit cards scams etc, sometime involving an expatriate who participate in the hustle.
The poor victims might find themselves drugged and stripped of everything in the desert, no passport and credit card.

I invite expatriates to take their precautions as well. Going out with a person met online met online in a secluded place it is not safe in the eats and the west. This is what normally mothers tell children, there should be no need to say to adults.

I don't think the robbery occurred in front of other people or in the middle of the street, as somebody would have stopped the guy.

Beware of over friendly guys offering help and to show you around, especially at night.

I personally been invited out by two members of this forum after posting an add in the business directory section. They said they needed to discuss their business plan, while they had no company or business and at night !! If one smells a rat, it is probably right.

If one refuses, the stalking begins, with calls day and night, insults and threatening attitudes that are only worthy of calling the police.

Only 2 days, one of my husband's colleagues was going to Cairo airport by taxi and stopped to buy a juice. The taxi ran away with all his belongings, passport and laptop, in the two seconds he popped out of the car.

oh this is a bizarre story thanks for sharing

but i also think this can happen anywhere. not only in Egypt

Hi Faida!
how are you and where you put up? i too had the same problem but now settled and basically i am from India

Hi Shakila,I'm happay that every thing is fine with you.