Land or property

Hello my name is Diyan I am from Bulgaria but I am in London last 8 years,me and my family was in Mauritius for 15 days and I want bay land for my future house there. Prefer Grand Baie! Can we bay land for building ? I am not Mauritius resident ? Can anyone explain short story for property ?! I don't spent 400 000$ for land or property there 

@Konsito911

Hello and welcome !

If you are not Mauritian, I don't think you can buy land here. You can buy property in some programs reserved for Expats amounting to 375 000 dollars.

You can read the Living in Mauritius Guide for more info and contact the EDB : https://edbmauritius.org/

Regards

Bhavna

Mauritius sound like a only  local people can make bussines only local people can bay land and property 😃 its little discrimination

@Konsito911

It is fair that way.

You can do business or buy property but there are requirements. Lots of foreigners doing business or have invested in Mauritius and even employ locals in their companies.

@Konsito911

Smart city - You can buy and expats are welcome to Mauritius to support the local economy as well.

Hi,

If you want to come and live here, then definitely you will have to go through the residency schemes where you will have to spend 375k USD. There are other schemes also, like investor or retirement...

All the information are in the EDB  link provided by Bhavna.

But if you want come on holidays here, then i THINK you can buy apartments which foreigners are eligible to buy. Need to confirm though :P

The apartments are less costly than the residency schemes villas, starting from 150-200k USD.

Regards,

Hans.

@HansExpat You are correct...$220K or so for G+2 apartments .

@Bhavna Indeed Mauritius could be bought by rich foreigners and it's population reduced to vassals, so everyone undertands....or should..... the need for balance and there is everything good in Mauritians patriotically setting rules to benefit them. However  foreigners must realise they will pay around 40% more per sq metre for  average property, and they will only ever, in a pinch , be able to sell that to another foreigner., unless they wish to take a large loss selling to a Mauritian, who knows the real property values. So I do not recommend "investment in property" for foreigners like myself as a wealth avenue.  You can get a better deal on longer term US Treasury Bonds.  Just think of it as a "Golden Visa" when you buy PDS and choose your level. For that it is fine.  But then you have to compare the cost with other "Visa Seeking"countries. I pay 1,250 US$ pa in Kenya. That will buy me 30 year of PDS @375$K.  But Mauritius has many other advantages so think wisely.

Also my PDS will be worth "something" after 30 years, though I doubt much with endless sugarcane land to convert to housing cheaply. Wheras in other places it's a l"ost cost".

@Konsito911 You will have to spend half of 220US$ or similar. That's the minimum.