Second renewal of Single permit

Hello, my husband has a single permit and it is renewed for the first time recently. We will apply to the commune but the new card's will be valid for 3 months.

The card we have now will be expired in October 2024, and the new residency permit will be valid until January 2025.

To renew our residency permit after January 2025, do we have to apply IBZ again or can we renew it from our commune?

Also do I have to do anything special as a dependent visa holder or I can apply with my husband together and that is enough?

Thank you in advance

@elocero4545

Sorry but your question is not clear.  Did your husband switch from a limited single permit (tied to an employer) to an unlimited single permit (not tied to an employer)? 

Sorry, yes indeed.

He had a limited single permit with his employer and recently he got an unlimited single permit. We will renew our cards from the commune, this is ok.

What I wonder is, what we should do for the subsequent renewals. Do we have to start the process from IBZ again, or can we solve it with the commune. And should I do anything extra for my dependent permit?

thank you

3 or 4 months in advance to your ID cards expire commun will send you a later that you should provide following documents and ask for an appointment.

Recent payslips

Healt insurance

Id card or Passaport

Unlimited SP

Nothing else than that. With this documents commun will ask to IBZ residence permit and when residence permit arrive they will call for pick the cards

Subsequent renewal is directly with your commune. The letter your husband received with his unlimited work permit should mention that subsequent renewals are directly through the commune and that he needs to provide a current work contract, his three last payslips and proof of enrollment with a health provider. He should renew two months before the resident permit expires.

@maharaji1984  The commune will not send a reminder or request. The resident card holder needs to do this of their own initiative. Also, for someone holding an unlimited permit they have to wait until about 8-10 weeks before the A card expires. My commune would not accept my documents 3 months in advance.

@masstonsils0e Your commune might not send this reminder but Oostende -  Antwerpen does. On the other hand reminder was sent 4 months in advance.

@maharaji1984  I tried to renew my unlimited permit 3.5 months before expiration when I was applying for my L card.  My commune told me I would have to wait until 2 months beofre to renew. 

No one should count on their commune to send a reminder.