Why avoid egyptian men?

How are you today?
I am here to make friendship with expats on cairo (Males & Females ) and to help them too , But - I not see active members here and all topics repeated from egyptian citizens , feel that no one care for friendship or need help on cairo or i think that they afraid from Egyptian men .
* some of them think that egyptian men only want marry and travel to europe , others think egyptian men only want  dating with them , others think that they want money only ....Etc.
I know that some expats suffering here from some bad citizens but not all egyptian same and not all them with close mind or eastern habits or eastern life style .
I can consider myself from lucky men on egypt that have friendship with expats and like to know more if it possible , real friends only that i care for .
So why expats in egypt take that bad opinion about Egyptian men and if have reasons tell me what bad things that happened for each one ?

Hope to see active members!!!

Well, u answered in your topic to your own question.

My husband is Egyptian, and my best friend here is also egyptian. But I can tell many are as you mentioned. I guess it discourage people to get to know egyptian.

Salma #1 wrote:

Well, u answered in your topic to your own question. My husband is Egyptian, and my best friend here is also egyptian. But I can tell many are as you mentioned. I guess it discourage people to get to know egyptian.

Your husband is egyptian and have friend egyptian me too egyptian man have French friend never have same bad opinion about egyptian or at least about me , Sure she met bad people in Egypt as she can meet them all over the world

In my concern most of my relatives are Egyptian. But I am all the time affraid at first.
- It is easy for them to cheat when they can. Whether u enter a taxi cab or go to any shop.
- They are racists.
- I have been sexually harassed by men although when i came to egypt i was wearing 3abaya it did not discourage men to touched me. Then i changed and im wearing normal but really descent cloth with a hijab but still men are commenting badly. Wether im alone, pregant, or with my baby in my arms. Women are sexual targets.
- They easily make fun at people. Look how he is big! Look how he is black! Look how this BABY is ugly! Look at her shoes! Look how he felt down! Etc...
- They don't have much mercy for people or animals. Or they don't have at all.
- They always put their face in things that don't concern them.
- You must really trust an egyptian before telling him something, or it gets sprayed all over egypt.
- They don't respect people. When u are standing in a queue in a shop since a long time, u can easily facing people coming and taking ur place. They dont care about u, it is just normal. They don't ask "please can i take your turn? I don't have many in my hands" no they take it!
- They are always fighting! Everyday there is a fight in the street. Everyday! When i lived in europ or in UAE, raaaaaaaarely i faced this. Here, alllllll the time, everyday a new fight!
- They through everything in the street. Packet of ships, kleenex, packet of cigarets, their dustbin... streets is a trash!

Before i loved egyptian, i was blind. More i live with them, more im desapointed.
More i understand egyptian language, more im feeling degust.

I know all that but that not all egyptian society and that people you talk about are non educated people
Expats when move to egypt must stay at high style places like zamalek or maadi or other high style places to avoid that people , i work on zamalek from 2008 and evry day see expats on streets , no one can touch them or made that things you suffer from but sure if they go to places like shobra maybe will happen same as happened with you
When i go to midtown with expats some times hear rude loud voices from youth on streets but when look to them i know that not educated people and they consider the rubbish of egyptian people
Some times feel that want beat them but it not good solution to do as i hate people too on that streets when look with their rude eyes to my friends .
I know that it happen here more than in Uk or U.S.A but it not prove that all people on Egypt same , My advice to you to stay on high style place to no see that kind of people , at last really sorry for everything you meet on egypt , only try to see the good side of egypt , the other side of people .

Before i lived in Cairo. This harrasment happen in City center, in a taxi cab and in rehab. Now im living in an area at Alexandria which is considered to be the better place. But still full of trash and bad people.

Most of my relatives are from high or upper middle class. But let me tell u, it does not make any difference. They think they are educated people, but they are not.
And i never heard this sentence "ibn al kalb!" As often/much as it comes from egyptian mouth. Wether they are from high or low class. It shock me!
I don't go to popular area. Im even affraid to go to any souq. Affraid that someone touch me knowing im not egyptian.
Im affraid for my daughter coz i have to raise her in this country :-(

Of course, i know all egyptian aren't like this... but most of them.

EDIT: i wrote wrong. I meant City stars, not city center

i have seen all this to but not daily.. they also have thrown bags of garbage out the window of high apt buildings. i saw in cairo and hurghada.. and dust fly past my window from a dust bin .

but in defense i have also seen many good things..like a man selling food in kalili tossing some to a stray kitten. i have seen egyptians try to help when theres an accident.. and stop guys from fighting.. also the country rural part of egypt the people seem very nice and hospitable.

i think its a differnt culture that makes misunderstanding.. think of howe they lived under mubarak.. they dont have the same freedoms as us as foriegners living here.

Salma #1 wrote:

In my concern most of my relatives are Egyptian. But I am all the time affraid at first.
- It is easy for them to cheat when they can. Whether u enter a taxi cab or go to any shop.
- They are racists.
- I have been sexually harassed by men although when i came to egypt i was wearing 3abaya it did not discourage men to touched me. Then i changed and im wearing normal but really descent cloth with a hijab but still men are commenting badly. Wether im alone, pregant, or with my baby in my arms. Women are sexual targets.
- They easily make fun at people. Look how he is big! Look how he is black! Look how this BABY is ugly! Look at her shoes! Look how he felt down! Etc...
- You must really trust an egyptian before telling him something, or it gets sprayed all over egypt.
- They don't respect people. When u are standing in a queue in a shop since a long time, u can easily facing people coming and taking ur place. They dont care about u, it is just normal. They don't ask "please can i take your turn? I don't have many in my hands" no they take it!
- They are always fighting! Everyday there is a fight in the street. Everyday! When i lived in europ or in UAE, raaaaaaaarely i faced this. Here, alllllll the time, everyday a new fight!
- They through everything in the street. Packet of ships, kleenex, packet of cigarets, their dustbin... streets is a trash!

Before i loved egyptian, i was blind. More i live with them, more im desapointed.

i had a fight once in a store when some man tried to cut me and my sis off in line. i said sorry we were here first.. and the guy started to argue i looked at the cashier and the cashier told him no she is first.. LOL was no big deal tho

but yes if we have no manners as humans, then we are like animals and mean.. egyptian or not.

Of course there are good things and good people. But Im sorry to say that what i mentioned is everyday, from high or lower class.

Do u speak arabic Leila? Do you have children? Since i have both, i started to notice much more all these things.

EDIT: This stories about queue, i swear it's everyday also. I don't know how it s in USA, but in europ  it's quiet a shame to pass in front of perople. For me it is big deal. Because it simply mean "People dont care about you" there is no respect.

mostafa zaghlol wrote:

My advice to you to stay on high style place to no see that kind of people , at last really sorry for everything you meet on egypt , only try to see the good side of egypt , the other side of people .

Really?? do you know how much it costs to live in Zamalek??? hahaha... btw, i have also been herrased in Zamalek and there is also garbage there..

Salma #1 wrote:

EDIT: This stories about queue, i swear it's everyday also. I don't know how it s in USA, but in europ  it's quiet a shame to pass in front of perople. For me it is big deal. Because it simply mean "People dont care about you" there is no respect.

Agree 100%

in USA people wont dare cut in line lol in school we are tuaght young if you cut the line u get sent to the end of line lol

aligirl wrote:
Salma #1 wrote:

Agree 100%

This harrasment happen in City center, in a taxi cab and in rehab. Now im living in an area at Alexandria which is considered to be the better place. But still full of trash and bad people.

And i never heard this sentence "ibn al kalb!" As often/much as it comes from egyptian mouth. Wether they are from high or low class. It shock me!

Im affraid for my daughter coz i have to raise her in this country :-(

If take what happened to you on city star as a case think it not happened much there . sure high places all over egypt contain bad and  good people but we talk hre about percentage . i think the bad people at that places percentage same as on european countries or maybe europian contain more rude people if compre with high places on egypt.About trash it from goverment  , sure people too who made it but no roles and laws prevent that so no blame people only . (Ibn elkalb)sure it bad word to hear from people as in egypt they use some times it for kidding but on europe countries hear words more rude.
I think you sid that you wear hijab so i guess you muslim and i think your daughter too so the best for daughter to be on muslim country not on another . you will understand my words in future

Agree cos you talk about positive & negative things not negative only

aligirl wrote:
mostafa zaghlol wrote:

My advice to you to stay on high style place to no see that kind of people , at last really sorry for everything you meet on egypt , only try to see the good side of egypt , the other side of people .

Really?? do you know how much it costs to live in Zamalek??? hahaha... btw, i have also been herrased in Zamalek and there is also garbage there..

I work in zamalek since 2008 till now so sure know rent prices here , and from my information not all flats are expensive but most them are . most expats share flats here , my friend too was make share with another expat girl for 1500 Egyptian pound per month and i think it not expensive , it consider average if compare that price with flat on Germany one or 2 rooms for 400 Euro , i no compare Germany with Egypt sure but 400 euro comparing with 1500 Egyptian pound is nothing .
I have friend on zamalek too one stupid man stop her on late hour 2 AM and stole her phone & money but at same time she stay here from 3 years with that only case is nothing if comparing with another places on Egypt or European countries .
So again i talk about percentage , European countries not contain angels neither Egypt too

Egypt is a bless guys come on , lol

Not all Egyptians are angles , but the good of them actually rarely you will meet like in Europe or America..

If you have a trouble in the street ( and whom of us don't get such troubles in any country ?) , any type of trouble .. just shout and tell me how many helpers will you get , people will help you and be happy for that without waiting anything from you, that's couz they are Egyptians.

Many of Egyptians have no social comprehension? Yes I agree ,but not all of them and since you become part of them ..feel pity for them and correct them , teach them and care for those who would be be interested to learn.. whats the problem ? .. I am sure they will appreciate the favor.

and about Ebnelkalb .. Do you watch American Movies ? lol   

still you can get your Flafel Sandwich for less than .5$
and wash your shirt for .5$
you still can have your coffee in a high class place for less than 3$

Come to Azerbaijan and tell me what do you think :D

Egypt is a bless specially for expats who get high remuneration, i think they can become rich in only one year!

Cairo is a city full of services around the clock, and actually easily you can have a good service usually for not so much of what you pay , usually it worth it.

Cairo is a city with GREAT weather in Winter , when all of your relatives are getting frozen in Europe , you can just go out with your short sleeves and enjoy the warmth

Egypt is a country with so many wonderful local destinations if you are going out of Cairo

Alexandria, Matrouh, Marina, Hurghada, Sharm, Luxor .. and many others

Egypt is a bless for those who know how and where to spend there time in .. and I am thankful for mostafa zaghlol actually for all his advices, mostly I agree with him .

The question was "So why expats in egypt take that bad opinion about Egyptian men and if have reasons tell me what bad things that happened for each one ?"

We simply answered the question.
I personnally dont watch much television and i do feel it is better like this. But is it because american are saying bad words that egyptian must donthe same? No. Ibn al kalb means Son of a dog.

Of course there is good things in egypt. But too many bad things. My daughter cannot play in the garden down my building coz it is full of garbadge. I have to walk on the road which is really dangerous because the walk side is out of service. Cars, garbadge, trees. U cannot used them.
My daughter see her mother everyday beeing cheating by egyptian.
And it is not because we are expat that we are rich. And if something cost 5Le for an egyptian, so it should cost exactly the same for expats. It called Honnesty! And dont u know that some expat are students and dont have money? Why we would accepte to be cheating all the time? Why?

And really, i dont like to hear people saying ibn al kalb in front of me or in front of my daughter because, I AM AN EDUCATED GIRL and i want my daughter to be the same. So no, i dont accept bad words. Its not in my education and culture. Because i swear, when i asked why egyptiqn say all the time son of a dog, i have been replied "it is part of the culture"

When i hear a woman saying "look at this BABY he is ugly"  or "the name of this baby is gamila (pretty girl) but it does not suits her, she is not pretty" i feel it terribly degusting.
Or dont let your maid touch the cake. Maid are alwsys dirty.

Egyptian shouts everyday. Is it what my daughter is going to learn? They fight for tomato in souq, for something in cars, for a juice, for anything. They cannot talk quietly. U suddenly feel u are going to be kill.
Is it normal when i walk in the street to have bad look, like im a piece of meet. A sexual whole?
Franckly, if the only good things about egyptian is that they are helpful, so i dont care about it if they at least respect.

Well , I am not actually denying wat you say , I agree that this happens and everyday . specifically after revolution .. but believe me there are many even Egyptians who dont like that and do their best at least to avoid that for themselves and for their families ..

Its the lack of comperhenstion among people for the first time are getting to have freedom..after so long years of no true education for many of them.. and its not our point...

let me ask you .. Do not you have decent and respecftul persons around ? to make friends for yourself and for your little daughter ?

Have you to go Souq? cant you just go to hyper markets instead ?
cant you find any other way to have good time  other than walking in over crowded streets you and your daughter ?
cant you have your husband for most of your outings to support you if a problem would arise specially you are going to not so calm place or something like that ?

you are frustrating  me really and make me feel so so so bad , if you really cant find alternatives for what bother you in this city in order to have good life.

Is it Cairo that horrible ? does not this city have good educated people with high level of all type  comprehension to make of them your own community ?

Cant you find the suitable community for your self in such so big City , with all that variety of people and of everything ?

And by the way Ebnelkald turned to be something for joking most of time , even we Egyptians consider it as not a curse .. like some persons would say " oh my god see this person is ebnkalb skillful !" it would seem for you that he curses him , but actually he is talking good about him, lol .. that person who told you its of the culture also must be joking !

but that doesnt mean i admit its ok , its not ok at all , and still we GOOD PEOPLE IN EGYPT .. do our best to keep our kids ears off such words .. but at all you can call it a bad habit .. not a part of culture " its like in Europe or America .. oh my good .. this stuff is f***** good! " the same expression is used in Russian also

MishoElmasri wrote:

Well , I am not actually denying wat you say , I agree that this happens and everyday . specifically after revolution .. but believe me there are many even Egyptians who dont like that and do their best at least to avoid that for themselves and for their families ..  I know it, don't worry

Its the lack of comperhenstion among people for the first time are getting to have freedom..after so long years of no true education for many of them.. and its not our point...
Yes but im living here since before the revolution, and it was exactly the same

let me ask you .. Do not you have decent and respecftul persons around ? to make friends for yourself and for your little daughter ?
My best friend is egyptian, married to a turkish guy. She is feding up from her country and always tells me she does not feel belong to it. She totally agree with what i say. My husband is egyptian also. Both and my daughter also are my sunshines here.

Have you to go Souq? cant you just go to hyper markets instead ?fruits and vegetables aren't that fresh, u should know that :-) 
cant you find any other way to have good time  other than walking in over crowded streets you and your daughter ? ican go to the club. But hen i ont have time to go, i like my daughter to play at least 20 minuts down my building. Children must have fresh aire. Also, i don't need to take a taxito gotofathallah or the pharmacy. It's enough close to my home. But dangerous walking
cant you have your husband for most of your outings to support you if a problem would arise specially you are going to not so calm place or something like that ?Things like harresment are happening everyday. U dont need to go far. Down the building and it is enough

you are frustrating  me really and make me feel so so so bad , if you really cant find alternatives for what bother you in this city in order to have good life.

Is it Cairo that horrible ? does not this city have good educated people with high level of all type  comprehension to make of them your own community ? im living in the best place in Alexandria

Cant you find the suitable community for your self in such so big City , with all that variety of people and of everything ?

Don't worry, i know there's good people and good things. But al what i mentioned destroy everything. Do u understand? Sure you are a nice and educated person and you are not belong from all what i mentioned. But honnestly, a long journey is waiting the egyptian. They need to work out on their behaviour.

Don't worry, i know there's good people and good things. But al what i mentioned destroy everything. Do u understand? Sure you are a nice and educated person and you are not belong from all what i mentioned. But honestly, a long journey is waiting the Egyptian. They need to work out on their behavior.

I really do understand you , and feel really sorry for all what you suffer from , but I still insist that one can have decent life in Egypt , couz we are Egyptians and can have such life .. not perfect of course , but still we can say 80% good , witch means not that horrible

Do your best and don't worry , country is changing .. and I hope everything will be better soon , Turkey and Malissia and Brazil are good symbols 

Do your best, and i wish Allah will bless and protect you and your family

i agree 100% with you dear salma....they need to work on thier behaviour despite educated or not in zamalik or anywhere in egypt all has cheap dealings especially  men to women or egyption women to men...sorry to say this ..but sadly its the truth...

Heard some one here talk about dealing !!!! what cheap dealing from muslim men or women
you talk about some people not all !!!!!
Not be sorry no need to be we know ourselves good and no need to lie but when say cheap dealing say some not all

Last week I went with my son to Ataba to buy some tools. I am almost 50 years old.
I have heard: "F..k you", and "Welcome" (when there was no reply from me): "F..k you"!
What is wrong with the Egyptian males?? I have been to this area several times without problems, only the occasionally "welcome".
My daughter (16) is always listening to music as a way of trying to avoid hearing stupid comments.

Salma #1 wrote:

- They are racists.

thats only in cairo.. i dont understand how you live there .. im egyptian and i cant stay in cairo more than 2 hrs

answer to the topic  question why avoid.. look even most of Egyptian women / girls avoid Egyptian man in friendship (mostly) but why in my opinion its cuz Egyptian boys / men dont know how to treat a woman / girl ..they always wanna talk with girl especially if she is expat always wanna have many grils as friends or as gf but problem is girls dont like that and the more they see that the more they avoid boys in egypt..i been working in sharm el shickh over 5 years .. everyone of the stuff in the hotel i been working in tell every girl that he love her and he want to be with her even if he just see her .. girls was always avoid them and come to speak with me you know why im not special or something but i was just dont do like they do..and they was always ask me if im egyptian i said why ..they said you are the only one in the hotel who didnt tell us that he in love with us or ask to go out.. and thats why i married foreign now cuz she notice that im different,,got it ?

hi thank you for your post. i would love to meet you and be your friend...
lee

Agree with you 100% but also lets talk about bad guests at sharm that want other things from egyptians men beside tourism xxx, i am sure you met many of them , i think that effect too on egypt people opinion about expats. so no blame egyptians only on that .
it relationship from 2 parts so no all egyptians bad and same not all expats

Campos Lopez wrote:

answer to the topic  question why avoid.. look even most of Egyptian women / girls avoid Egyptian man in friendship (mostly) but why in my opinion its cuz Egyptian boys / men dont know how to treat a woman / girl ..they always wanna talk with girl especially if she is expat always wanna have many grils as friends or as gf but problem is girls dont like that and the more they see that the more they avoid boys in egypt..i been working in sharm el shickh over 5 years .. everyone of the stuff in the hotel i been working in tell every girl that he love her and he want to be with her even if he just see her .. girls was always avoid them and come to speak with me you know why im not special or something but i was just dont do like they do..and they was always ask me if im egyptian i said why ..they said you are the only one in the hotel who didnt tell us that he in love with us or ask to go out.. and thats why i married foreign now cuz she notice that im different,,got it ?

Same happened with me when move with expats on that places , mad people can find all over the world but local egyptians are the most crazy :D:D:D

Geely wrote:

Last week I went with my son to Ataba to buy some tools. I am almost 50 years old.
I have heard: "F..k you", and "Welcome" (when there was no reply from me): "F..k you"!
What is wrong with the Egyptian males?? I have been to this area several times without problems, only the occasionally "welcome".
My daughter (16) is always listening to music as a way of trying to avoid hearing stupid comments.

sorry i missed your question..i know alittle arabic but i go by body language and gestures alot. no kids. but i do know there are things that are lost in translation. i think egyptians like to tease alot and joke around so even if u know arabic its not the local flavor of the meanings for what they say. im told it can be taken the wrong wrong way.

also rudeness is not just men. i find egyptian women/girls to be pushy and loud to be muslims. a muslim woman is not supposed to be like this. they also have no problem harrassing guys if they like them like getting their number and boldly calling.

and fights in the usa i mean the more crowded a place is the more fights there will be. i dont know if people were meant to live so crowded together like this. lol

Salma #1 wrote:

Of course there are good things and good people. But Im sorry to say that what i mentioned is everyday, from high or lower class.

Do u speak arabic Leila? Do you have children? Since i have both, i started to notice much more all these things.

mostafa zaghlol wrote:

Agree with you 100% but also lets talk about bad guests at sharm that want other things from egyptians men beside tourism xxx, i am sure you met many of them , i think that effect too on egypt people opinion about expats. so no blame egyptians only on that .

true 70% of tourist women who come to egypt come for xxx and i meet tons of them,,but most of them is old , ugly or fat which cant have xxx in their countries.. anyway my answer was for why expat women avoid egyptian men..and your answer is why egyptian men should avoid expat women

Campos Lopez wrote:
mostafa zaghlol wrote:

true 70% of tourist women who come to egypt come for xxx and i meet tons of them,,but most of them is old , ugly or fat which cant have xxx in their countries.. anyway my answer was for why expat women avoid egyptian men..and your answer is why egyptian men should avoid expat women

Tourists come to Egypt for tourism. If they only want to have sex, it is easy for them to meet men or women in their own country for this purpose. Don't worry for them!

@People, look, be careful if you are a woman, coz tourtist women just want to have sex and come to egypt for this purpose. It has been said here. Once again, women are just a sexual target.

But what I know, it does not disturb some men here to have sex with old or fatty women. Anyway men here just see the women as a sexual target, and u almost said it in your post.
When i was PREGNANT or with my baby in my arms, i have been disturbed. Nothing disturb egyptian! And it is not hazppening to epats only, but also to egyptian girls. My friend had the same problem!

aligirl wrote:
mostafa zaghlol wrote:

Zamalek is over rated...

Hello everyone.. I have been commg to cairo for the past 5 years.. However my longest sta was for like a week.. Now i just moved in, and living in zamalek for the past 2 weeks !!!
Cairo is so contradictory... There are lots of unethical activities done by people, however the are also lots of good people and i feel sad to say that the good people are being victims of the acts of the bad people...

Hello, some :offtopic: posts have been moved.

This thread is now closed for analysis.

Thanks,
Harmonie.

Closed