Safety in Egypt after Yesterdays events

hello,

I wanted to post on this forum because I am looking for the honest opinion of people of are currently living in Egypt. I am supposed to be traveling to Egypt in just a couple of days, with my family, for two weeks. Our itinerary includes Alexandria, Cairo/Giza, Aswan and Luxor. With the recent events in Gaza and the tourist shooting we have read about in Alexandria just earlier this morning, is it safe to travel to Egypt right now or would we be better to postpone this dream trip to a different year?

i am not attempting to stir up nationalism or religious discussions amongst members; I am just looking for honest advice from people who are actually living in the country and can give (are willing to give) advice based off from first hand knowledge.

@stvegas

Hi stvegas

egypt its safe and we are lots friends from different   places around Europe we live in hurghada i just want you know don't let any things down go travel and enjoy you time

lots bad things happend every where around world every where dont think bed of egypt

i would like you come and meet and show you how many pepole live in egypt and happy i wish you u happy holiday and i look forward to hear from u and see you in egypt

best regards

mr kemery

@stvegas

Hello.

I am an American who been traveling around the tourist attraction everywhere, including Alexandria, I assure you of very safe and incident in Alex is an individual's act. As a historian I traveled places where I was alone to visit pyramid in fayoum and very safe. Go a head enjoy your trip, nothing to fear, one advice do not discuss politics or religion with people, I personally tell them I am a teacher, I understand nothing in politics, as well I believe in the lord, and that is, when I been asked

Thanks

Egypt is safe, with beautiful kind people. There's distress all over the world. Don't allow wars and rumors of world displayed in media to deter you. Enjoy Egypt.

I want to say thank you to everyone who reached out and replied. Based off everyones reassurance, we decided to go forward with our trip as planned. We will be flying out this evening and, after a two day stop in istanbul, should be arriving in Cairo in a couple days. i admit we are still a little nervous and hopeful that everything remains peaceful, but we are very much excited to be visiting this historic country!

@stvegas

I am living in Egypt with my family it is one of the safest places in the world. Unfortunately the hole region actually the hole world kind of is on fire those days. It's the best time of the year to visit Egypt.

My honest opinion

@stvegas  hi I have a trip actually planned for Egypt🇪🇬 in the first week of November for two weeks and I see the how you're gonna be out there,  can you relay like updates and how you feel while in your trip and while in Egypt and whT the feel is

Any new travel updates for Egypt?  I am scheduled to arrive next Friday   

Non,

And as I said before nothing to fear, I just finish a trip to Lahour pyramid alone, and I much enjoy it... If you need any other help please don't hesitate to ask...

Thank you for your input  i will be in Cairo for 3 days then Luxor and Aswan all with guides but I have never been to Egypt so the news is making me second guess my travels. 

@stvegas

Of course Egypt is safe we are English living here. All the area,s 0lus Sharm el Shiekh are many hundreds of miles from the conflict. 

Shoyld say including  Sharm el Sheikh are 100% safe

@stvegas I am in Hurghada and there are no problems here at all. 😊

we are coming to el gouna in a couple of days - how is the situation there at the moment

things are happening so fast up in Israel and the surrounding countries that I am worried about coming to egypt, although I know that the people are wonderfully friendly and welcoming

I was in Sharm in 2015 and was lucky enough to get one of the last flights back to the UK before they closed the airspace

Any advice/thoughts??  Thanks

I am currently in El Gouna, I own an apartment here, everything is safe and life is normal here and in the whole of the Hurghada area. There's no need to worry at all 😊

@mattliz99

I currently live in Maadi, normal here. Everyone is continuing with their day to day tasks.

We went from Alexandria all the way down to Abu Simbel; never felt unsafe anywhere.

I am in hurghada right now tbh I feel safe but i do believe locals are gonna get more desperate cause of the tourism situation. by desperate i mean more ripping off

@Peony_xo

You are totally right.

The economic situation is very bad and keeps getting worse

I am planning to move to Alexandria and buy an apartment there, can you give me advice how to start the process? I am sending emails to Egyptian realtors who advertise properties for sale but never get a reply. I am also a teacher, taught in California and Texas.

@faithhope301 hello I will move to Cairo next summer and friends have advised me to live in Maadi. could you you guve me your opinion? thank you!

@Laura Hernandez81

Hello. Maadi is a good place to reside.