Where to go / What to do tips

Hi all. I think it would be nice to gather some tips on where to go / what to do in Tripoli. Cafes, restaurants, that incredible shop you saw the other day, places to take kids, beaches and all usefull tips on how not to get bored. I know there are lots of them spread out on threads, but if we put them together it would be much easier.

Thanx in advance!!!

Mariano.

52 views and no comments ? That says alot! :lol:

Mudman, I have a reply, just need some time to put it down onto paper :)

Mariano, I will something tonight!

Great.. the only place IŽve been is to Cafe Casa, but I guess thatŽs pretty well known. Good coffe thought!!!!

Have you checked out the website lookoutlibya.com ?  It has a whole section on shopping, eating out etc.  If you look in past posts here there are some good suggestions.  Another sight which has events and activities is whatson.ly  .  I check out both sights on a regular basis and they are on facebook.

I check regularly whatson libya, they have suggestions, but in general people who post, have never been to those places, thatŽs why I posted this thread, to have 1st person experiences exposed. IŽll check the lookoutlibya site.

Any tips on where to buy meat? Not on this bad looking slaughter houses... Maybe the big blue supermarket? Or is there any decent meat shops?

Thanx

mariano

Easily the best butcher (so far) I've found is the Egyptian butcher - it's on the far left of the row of shops on the cut-through road between Gurji and Gargaresh. The place is very clean and he's always got a good stock of beef, chicken and lamb. The spiced chicken wings are excellent. He also has whole fillets of beef, already cleaned and vacuum sealed. He's not cheap, but well worth a visit.

Lat 32.850685°
Lon  13.078992°

Another place to try is the deli on Siraj main street. He sometimes stocks very good imported Brazilian beef fillet (but currently out of stock).

Lat  32.835252°
Lon  13.066790°

Jejejeje, cool Sandman, IŽll print those maps to have those spots located... Brazilian meat? That would be fantastic since IŽm... brazilian!!!

Just to add some info, every Friday morning there is a basketball game and volleyball games for women held at the Cordova or Qortoba Gymnasium. It is actually a camaraderie game played by Filipinos. It's nice to watch and cheer. Everyone is invited to come and watch. You can also try out some Filipino foods which you might find exotic but very very nice. The event usually starts at 9:30 am until around 2:00 pm. Hope you get a chance to visit that place.

have Libyan family been invited? what about the food , is it HALAL? really it is good idea to skip the life and work strains ;)

alashhar wrote:

have Libyan family been invited? what about the food , is it HALAL? really it is good idea to skip the life and work strains ;)

For Halal foods, you would notice at the right most side store, the woman owning the place is wearing Hijab so I guess the one she is selling is Halal.

Your family is very welcome but I suggest taking your kids first then try to observe if it is okay for your wife to tag along next time. Usually the people there don't care about other people going there and watch. They don't care what nationality you are or what color your skin is. All they care about was the game and enjoying the game.

it looks very nice event and people, many thanks

Here some my favorite restaurants or take way fast food shops, I hope that my recommendation will be helpful and really I wish you to enjoy staying in Tripoli
(1)Nice restaurants
(a)ALhatab  restaurant Ben- Ashoure Street  32°52'54.81"N , 13°12'1.16"E (excellent menu - delicious  food which cook on firewood – beautiful place – good services – good prices) I like eating there with my family.
(b)Alzouda restaurant Ben- Ashoure Street  32°52'53.41"N, 13°12'1.14"E (excellent menu - delicious  food – beautiful place – good services –  expensive).
(c)Torkish restaurant Zaue Dahmane Street 32°53'40.73"N, 13°12'11.21"E (good menu  - delicious  food – crowded sometimes I have to stand wait for empty table – bad view - good services –  very cheap ).
(d) Abo Ali restaurant  Agadesia Street  32°53'10.24"N, 13°11'41.33"E ( Lebanon food, good food, nice place, good services, cheap)
(2) Pizza restaurants
(a) Pizza take way 32°53'4.84"N, 13°11'17.91"E (delicious  Pizza, take way, opening from 5:00pm to 00:00am, crowded long line)
(b)Pizza House (good menu – good services – nice place)
first place Dool Streat  32°52'39.40"N, 13°12'41.66"E
second place Dahra Street  32°53'18.14"N, 13°11'57.12"E
third place in Gergarsh (i do not go there)

i will add some favorite places soon

Alashhar,
thanks .  am plugging in to try a few.

BTW, do you know where I can find the Moulay Mosque near the main hospital?  Am meeting someone there on Saturday.

Moulay Mohammed Mosque  32°52'54.71"N,  13°11'14.86"E
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/5521455

Niiiice info!!! Thanx!!!